Morecambe 0 Tranmere 1 LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Morecambe 0 Tranmere 1 LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:55 pm

I can't believe anyone is clutching at straws in order to minimise this situation. :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry:

He wasn't sent off for nothing at all. You can 'pretend' that the press 'made it up' (in which case Songo'o can sue the newspaper) or that your ears were 'tuned in' to that word, as opposed to the actual word that the ref heard, but presumably, you can't explain why the actual word can't be heard on the audio? You seriously think that someone shouted something that sounded like the homophobic abuse, but wasn't, at exactly the same time as Song'o whispered something offensive enough to the ref, that he got sent off?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:25 pm

Keith wrote:I can't believe anyone is clutching at straws in order to minimise this situation. :evil: :cry: :evil: :cry:

He wasn't sent off for nothing at all. You can 'pretend' that the press 'made it up' (in which case Songo'o can sue the newspaper) or that your ears were 'tuned in' to that word, as opposed to the actual word that the ref heard, but presumably, you can't explain why the actual word can't be heard on the audio? You seriously think that someone shouted something that sounded like the homophobic abuse, but wasn't, at exactly the same time as Song'o whispered something offensive enough to the ref, that he got sent off?

My point was that it is difficult to hear, and if somebody played that clip without explanation, then hearing the word suggested, would not necessarily be picked out easily. It is what we are listening for, so hear it readily. No suggestion whatsoever that it wasn’t said. But that isn’t really relevant to you Keith, is it? Drum and bang springs to mind. Be careful up there, it’s a long way down. Oh, and don’t worry about a ban, I’ll save you the time.
Slanester

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:49 pm

Tranmere have released a statement saying that they don't comment on other clubs disciplinary issues.

https://twitter.com/TranmereRovers/stat ... 30530?s=19
BerlinWaller

Postby Screenster » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:49 pm

Slanester wrote:
My point was that it is difficult to hear, and if somebody played that clip without explanation, then hearing the word suggested, would not necessarily be picked out easily. It is what we are listening for, so hear it readily. No suggestion whatsoever that it wasn’t said. But that isn’t really relevant to you Keith, is it? Drum and bang springs to mind. Be careful up there, it’s a long way down. Oh, and don’t worry about a ban, I’ll save you the time.

Well said.
Screenster

Postby Keith » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:43 pm

Wirral Globe newspaper reported it, quoting the word used. If it wasn't the word used, then I hope Songo'o sues for libel.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion