Morecambe 0 Tranmere 1 LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Morecambe 0 Tranmere 1 LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Thought we had a good first half, and wouldn't have been undeserving of the lead had Phillips scored. Can't criticise him though given his contribution to the side, and he's scored 5/6 this season which is an above average return on penalties! We missed 4/5 in the 18/19 season (the average is about 75%-80% pens scored).

Hard to say much about the Songo'o red card currently - will have to see what DA says in his post match interview. But from then on, a point would have been a great result against an in-form side with some very good players.

Second half, I thought it was a pretty good 10 men performance. Organised in defence, made sure not to sit too deep all the time and had a couple of little openings we ideally could have made better of for it to be a really good 10 men performance. Think DA could maybe have introduced some fresh legs earlier. McAlinden maybe for Stockton for fresh legs and more pace in behind? Not sure there was too much mileage in Stockton's hold up play given how isolated he was. Maybe Lyons a bit earlier as well, possibly for Phillips as he looked tired? Liked the switch to the back three with the wing backs Hendrie and Cooney pushing on though - would've liked to have seen it a bit earlier maybe.

Like Freez and Glen said - not too much to read into with that result in regards to us overall as a side, given how the match ended up transpiring with the red card.
Little Shrimp

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:06 pm

Results elsewhere were not to bad for us ..... We remain 1 point behind the top three
Redalert1970

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:51 pm

If what i heard is true, Songo'o will be facing a lengthy ban.
BerlinWaller

Postby RedRedWine » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:07 pm

Wirral Globe

Poor choice of language from Yann if what is written in the game blog of the Wirral Globe is to be believed (4:03).

If the term that is being alleged has been used, then Yann has been very foolish. I suspect that there is no malicious or literal meaning behind its use, but given the sensitivity around this subject in football we could be without Yann for a while.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:20 pm

I hope that isn't true, disgusting thing to say if it is. Absolutely no place for it in football.
tim-sanchez

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:48 pm

Pork meatball? I could understand it if we were playing Forest Green :lol:
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:03 am

I had a look at the link, what is f****t? Pork meatball confused me even more lol. Sounds like it's an awful thing to say based on reactions, is it something to do with race? :S
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:11 am

Bristol Shrimp wrote:I had a look at the link, what is f****t? Pork meatball confused me even more lol. Sounds like it's an awful thing to say based on reactions, is it something to do with race? :S

Faggots & mushy peas... lovely!
Same word used as a homophobic slur, deserves severe response.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:11 am

My conclusion was f*ckw*t, but you guys have made it clear now, stupid boy!
Wonder if we will miss out on the f****** peas and gravy next season?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:31 am

If the comment by Yann Songo'o is true then it surely poses a huge disciplinary issue for our family club. His reportedly disgraceful behavior is totally unacceptable in this day and age and the question that has to be asked is what action the club takes. Obviously the FA will take severe action but as his employer what does the club do? In many walks of life such conduct would lead to dismissal or a severe warning about his future conduct. His behaviour has not only cost us points but also has shamed our club and let down the other players.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:13 am

Is anything 100% with regard Songo’o, and what he definitely said, or is it “hang em high,” on hearsay and speculation??
Slanester

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:22 am

i hope it wasn't hearsay on the part of the referee! His report should make interesting reading.I understand DA tried to intervene so there must have been something untoward happening!
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:24 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:His report should make interesting reading.

Exactly. Until that confirms the issue, it is as I said, hearsay and speculation.
Slanester

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:47 am

There’s video circulating where he very clearly uses the term https://twitter.com/martindarko/status/ ... 57538?s=21.

In the same way there’s no excuse for racism in football, there’s no excuse for homophobia either. He deserves and will get a lengthy ban. Hope the club take the moral high ground and impose one ahead of the FA.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:10 am

Posh wrote:There’s video circulating where he very clearly uses the term https://twitter.com/martindarko/status/ ... 57538?s=21.

In the same way there’s no excuse for racism in football, there’s no excuse for homophobia either. He deserves and will get a lengthy ban. Hope the club take the moral high ground and impose one ahead of the FA.

Agreed. The video clearly shows Songo’o using the word and it is indefensible. What a pillock he is.
RapidShrimp

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:12 am

Posh wrote:There’s video circulating where he very clearly uses the term https://twitter.com/martindarko/status/ ... 57538?s=21.

Definitely sounds like the word is used on that clip, and based on that, it will be in the refs report. Therefore, he should receive exactly the punishment that is due to him.
Slanester

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:29 am

What an idiot.

I would hope the club suspends him for a period of time, pending disciplinary action. The FA will presumably impose a significant ban, the club should send a clear message too. Are the club & FA sincere in trying to tackle homophobia in the game or is it just pretty boot laces?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:44 am

The footage is pretty clear and he has clearly let himself and the club down. I hope the club issue some kind of statement today and Yann issues an apology.

Maybe rather than paying Derek's fine, we could put the money in to a charity along these lines.
BerlinWaller

Postby tim-sanchez » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:55 am

BerlinWaller wrote:The footage is pretty clear and he has clearly let himself and the club down. I hope the club issue some kind of statement today and Yann issues an apology.

Maybe rather than paying Derek's fine, we could put the money in to a charity along these lines.

Agree with all of this, there are a lot of national LGBT+ charities such as Stonewall, or we could choose a local charity like this: https://lancslgbt.org.uk/

I think it would be great if the Trust organised this
tim-sanchez

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:13 pm

Slanester wrote:

Definitely sounds like the word is used on that clip, and based on that, it will be in the refs report. Therefore, he should receive exactly the punishment that is due to him.

Some of you must have superb hearing.....especially the Tranmere fan who posted the 'alleged' offence :o
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:19 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:The footage is pretty clear and he has clearly let himself and the club down. I hope the club issue some kind of statement today and Yann issues an apology.

Agree with all of this, there are a lot of national LGBT+ charities such as Stonewall, or we could choose a local charity like this: https://lancslgbt.org.uk/

I think it would be great if the Trust organised this

It would be good to be on the front foot with this rather than react when it gets in to the media. The club could get a lot of damaging publicity over the next few days and it really isn't what our club is about. We don't want it to look like a token gesture or a publicity stunt.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:28 pm

redrobo wrote:Some of you must have superb hearing.....especially the Tranmere fan who posted the 'alleged' offence :o

It was a member of the Tranmere press who also heard it and posted it on the Wirrel Globe website. It appears to have been edited now, but it originally quoted the word used. I'd suggest, if that isn't accurate, then Songo'o will be suing them for libel.

On the clip, the word is clearly heard being used.

Not sure how it is "alleged" given it was reported in the press and can be heard in the video & Songo'o was shown a red card? Now the club needs to move in to damage limitation. Quickly.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:00 pm

On the clip you don’t see or hear the seconds leading up to the comment, a bit of editing?
Playing devil’s advocate, he may have been discussing what he was having for his post game snack, who knows?
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:28 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:Some of you must have superb hearing.....especially the Tranmere fan who posted the 'alleged' offence :o

It was a member of the Tranmere press who also heard it and posted it on the Wirrel Globe website. It appears to have been edited now, but it originally quoted the word used. I'd suggest, if that isn't accurate, then Songo'o will be suing them for libel.

Not sure how it is "alleged" given it was reported in the press and can be heard in the video & Songo'o was shown a red card? Now the club needs to move in to damage limitation. Quickly.

..and the press always report the truth :o :lol: .... and I still maintain that it's difficult to actually hear the EXACT word(s) spoken..... :!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:53 pm

redrobo wrote:
Keith wrote:

..and the press always report the truth :o :lol: .... and I still maintain that it's difficult to actually hear the EXACT word(s) spoken..... :!: :!: :!:

In fairness, it is difficult to hear the word, and the fact it was bounded around beforehand, sort of tunes you into hearing it in your mind. The ref has all the answers.
Slanester

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion