Confidential info re missing players

Confidential info re missing players

Postby redrobo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 am

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/spo ... nt-3111662

Worrying internal issues or Covid related.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Confidential info re missing players

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:09 am

It is quite odd, I don't think it's covid either with all of them because Alex was at the game helping clear the pitch: https://twitter.com/kenyon03/status/1353078115510063106
tim-sanchez

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:16 am

I think Freez said on Saturday that Kenyon picked up a knock in training? Halstead was rumoured to be ill, which would make sense given the seven day emergency loan.
Little Shrimp

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:22 am

Little Shrimp wrote:I think Freez said on Saturday that Kenyon picked up a knock in training? Halstead was rumoured to be ill, which would make sense given the seven day emergency loan.

Derek's statement seems quite odd then, surely it's not confidential to say a player is ill or had a knock? Unless he's starting a policy of not revealing any info that opponent's could use against us.

Maybe it's just the worrier in me, but I feel like saying "we've got a few niggles and illnesses" without naming names would come across better than saying it's confidential, which makes it sound like a bigger deal?
tim-sanchez

Postby Slanester » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:30 am

tim-sanchez wrote:starting a policy of not revealing any info that opponent's could use against us.

DA is a top, and very shrewd manager.
Slanester

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:45 pm

Derek's comments certainly are strange IMO - and create more questions than answers. I do think he is a smooth operator, and everything he says to the press and during interviews is very purposeful; sometimes he might aswell be speaking directly to our upcoming opponents rather than giving a summary of the game for fans :lol:

Given the current climate, if Derek said players were unavailable - I think we'd all just assume that they were isolating and that would be the end of it. But the confidential reasons suggests it might be something else possibly?

Or.... maybe some of the missing squad members have tested positive for COVID-19, but he doesn't want to/can't say this publicly because of any stigmatism that might be attached to the player going forward? In the press we are starting to hear how some athletes are struggling with the side effects of the virus. In any other line of employment, you wouldn't disclose any underlying health issues about your employees? Players having muscle injuries is slightly different IMO.

Who knows. Regardless - I hope the players and staff affected are in good health.
Last edited by RedRedWine on Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby black morse » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:08 pm

RRW suspicions are the most likely but we must also consider the possibility of losing some in the transfer window. If negotiations are ongoing it may be that we don't want the risk of injuries?
black morse

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:00 pm

If they are all missing for the same reason then it isn't because of transfers as one of them is the loanee from Blackburn.

There were rumours that a couple of clubs from League 1 were interested in Wildig.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby black morse » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:32 pm

Whatever the reasons are for this it clearly had no impact on team morale last night :D
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:57 pm

I quite like this keeping it in house approach. If Derek wants to keep it confidential then fine, it shows a new level of professionalism at the club. He says they are unavailable so that is enough for me.

No leaks to the press and no more I know but you don't's on here.
BerlinWaller

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:02 pm

But why doesn't he just say:

"The players are currently unavailable"

Rather than:

"The players are currently unavailable - for confidential reasons"

Its not a question about keeping things in house or not. By saying what he did, has created more more questions than answers IMO.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:56 pm

I suppose it kills the chance of being questioned further.
BerlinWaller

Return to General Discussion