Re: Chelsea sack Lampard

Postby black morse » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:49 am

Redalert1970 wrote:WHO REALLY CARES

You would if they came after DA! ;)
black morse

Re: Chelsea sack Lampard

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:05 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:WHO REALLY CARES

Why do you have to put your opinion here? If you don’t care, don’t speak. If people do care, like a lot of us, let us have a discussion in peace.
RapidShrimp

Re: O/T Chelsea sack Lampard

Postby Freez » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:31 pm

I do, gutted.
It appears nobody gets time to put anything right if it goes even slightly wrong these days in football.
Perhaps it’s misplaced loyalty, as Bojo has shown more than once since becoming PM, at least the Shrimps give people time!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:03 pm

I know we have a habit of getting managers sacked after beating them, but can we include losing 4-0 into that? :lol:

"Not but seriously", I don't think it was a good move to give him the job in the first place. Being a club legend does not necessarily translate into being a good manager. Getting Derby in the play-offs wasn't much of an achievement, given they finished there last season and that season had the additions of Mount, Tomori, Wilson etc. The underlying numbers didn't reflect too well on him either. Did a pretty good job last season in fairness to him, helping the young players through, but isn't developed enough as a manager yet and shouldn't really have been given such a top level job in the first place.
Little Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:38 pm

You can see why Frank Lampard has been sacked, given Chelseas current position in the league - but I feel he has been unlucky. Unfortunately for him, Chelsea have a record for this type of thing - as do a lot of clubs.

He did a good job last year taking the club to cup finals and qualifying for the Champions League with a young squad, losing the best player (Hazard) and no ability to bring in his own players. This season, as recently as early December the Pensioners qualified for the next round of the Champions League after topping their group, and even went top of the Premier League after beating Leeds United. In that game his best player (Ziyech) gets injured, and since then they've struggled for form. If any team loses their best players its going to have an impact. Take Fernandes out of Manchester United and they are probably in the same position as before he arrived, with Ole under pressure to keep his job - but now they are top (albeit Manchester City do have a game in hand, but are now without their best player).

Personally I think he should have been given the next few league games, 4 of the 5 look very winnable on paper. Ultimately I think they got rid because Lampard lacks experience - something that was evident before the appointment, so if this is deemed as a failure the people who made the appointment should leave too - something Brain Clough advocated.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:53 pm

Can anybody guess which post was written by a Liverpool fan?
BerlinWaller

Postby Freez » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:22 pm

Ziyech injury, loss of form for Werner and Havertz struggling with the pace and physicality of the league have all affected Lampards prospects.
However, perhaps his lack of knowing his best team and struggling to put it out most weeks has finally caught up with him?
Tammy or Giroud?
Hudson-Odoi or Pulisic?
Rudiger, Zouma alongside Tiago Silva?
Non of those issues have been settled.
Though the 4-0 win in Seville was the teams best performance I have seen from Chelsea in 18 months, something wasn’t right, and the fact he couldn’t put his finger on it quickly has done for him. Think it’s shortsighted myself.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:55 pm

Klopp was bemoaning the fact that he has no say in transfers last week and I think Lampard has fallen foul of a similar system. A Manager has to pick a team from players signed for him by a Sporting Director and a team of analysts. If he can't get the expensive players to click and win games then he is out of the door just as the new guy walks in. The players are worth more than any Club manager these days so it will always be the Manager that gets the push.

He will walk away with millions of pounds in a settlement so it is hard to feel too sorry for him.
BerlinWaller

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:06 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Klopp was bemoaning the fact that he has no say in transfers last week and I think Lampard has fallen foul of a similar system. A Manager has to pick a team from players signed for him by a Sporting Director and a team of analysts. If he can't get the expensive players to click and win games then he is out of the door just as the new guy walks in. The players are worth more than any Club manager these days so it will always be the Manager that gets the push.

He will walk away with millions of pounds in a settlement so it is hard to feel too sorry for him.

I've always said, even once on here, 'you can have the 11 best players in the world on the pitch for 1 team. If you can't get them to play as a team, you have nothing !
jbc.shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:25 am

I was watching Jose Mourinho on netflix and he said my job is not to teach players how to play football because they can already do that it is to teach them how to play as a team.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion