New Keeper

Re: New Keeper

Postby black morse » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:44 am

Screenster wrote:From the Exeter Forum:

City signed Andresson outside a transfer window. Outside transfer windows you can only sign keepers on the rules for emergency goalkeeper loans.

Now we are in a transfer window and you can sign whoever you like.

Whilst it has been described as an 'emergency loan' the emergency goalkeeper rules don't apply to loans within a transfer window - they are just ordinary loans.

Makes sense. Comes to something when Exeter fans have to tell us why it was OK to play him :shock: :lol:
black morse

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:46 pm

Loanee has tweeted that it was his last game in goals for us and wishes us all the best for the remainder of the season..... :)
redrobo

Postby glagys » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:01 pm

I know it was only 2 games so hard to really judge, but he looked a decent prospect, will look out for his progress over the coming seasons, good luck in your career
glagys

Postby glagys » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:09 pm

And he’s signed for Exeter again
glagys

Postby redrobo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:19 pm

For me he had difficulty in keeping hold of the ball in dangerous positions. Numerous times the ball squirmed out of his control and had it not been for our defenders rescuing the situation he would not have kept a clean sheet HOWEVER for a 19 year old he did show some promise for him to have a reasonable career going forward.

Will be interesting to see who starts tomorrow assuming that Mark is fit and for me if he is then he starts but DA may pick the new guy irrespective of whether Mark is fit.... :cry:
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:33 pm

redrobo wrote:For me he had difficulty in keeping hold of the ball in dangerous positions. Numerous times the ball squirmed out of his control and had it not been for our defenders rescuing the situation he would not have kept a clean sheet HOWEVER for a 19 year old he did show some promise for him to have a reasonable career going forward.

Will be interesting to see who starts tomorrow assuming that Mark is fit and for me if he is then he starts but DA may pick the new guy irrespective of whether Mark is fit.... :cry:

You have said what most of us were thinking rr, but after such good results chose not to, myself included. Very, very solid back 4 for us now, whoever plays, and great protection for any keeper.

Will be interesting to see who starts tomorrow.
Slanester

Postby Caton83 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:09 pm

Mark won't even be on the bench tomorrow. Back in training next week after recovering from Covid
Caton83

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:37 pm

I noticed he let a couple squirm away too RR - think it was Lavelle bailing him out on a couple of occasions. Generally thought he was still very impressive though. Fine with the shot stopping he had to do, and made some great cross claims in large through timing coming out of his net well. What most impressed me is how undeterred he was by those little errors with letting the ball squirm away, and how he was still happy to come out and catch crosses etc. Obviously a strong character, able and will probably keep improving. Great signing for Exeter.

Will be interesting to see how Letheren is tomorrow with Halstead still out. Plymouth fans all seem to rate him under Adams previously, but Chesterfield fans seem a bit split. Maybe he suits being behind a defence that sits a little deeper like ours does.
Little Shrimp

Postby Posh » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:41 am

From a York City friend on Kyle Letheren.

“Good generally solid keeper, apparently very strange in person, will make one (often serious) mistake per match. However, also capable of winning a game on his own. Consistency is, however, consistently inconsistent. Jon Parkin described Letheren as the “weirdest man in club football” during one of his podcasts. He does well when he’s constantly busy (so often did great for us). Probably fine as back up keeper”.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby black morse » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:55 am

Posh wrote:From a York City friend on Kyle Letheren.

“Good generally solid keeper, apparently very strange in person, will make one (often serious) mistake per match. However, also capable of winning a game on his own. Consistency is, however, consistently inconsistent. Jon Parkin described Letheren as the “weirdest man in club football” during one of his podcasts. He does well when he’s constantly busy (so often did great for us). Probably fine as back up keeper”.

We shall see. I can do weird :lol:
black morse

Postby Bare bum » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:21 pm

Posh wrote:From a York City friend on Kyle Letheren.

Aw I like him already. Goalkeepers, though, generally weird. Have you seen Mark's description of his encounter with Chelsea keeper Kappa? All he could see was his beauty! Love him for that.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Caton83 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:51 pm

So Kyle is the new keeper holding the shirt. Does he keep it when Mark is back next week ?
Caton83

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:13 am

Caton83 wrote:So Kyle is the new keeper holding the shirt. Does he keep it when Mark is back next week ?

I’d assume so. Looked very assured yesterday, and with the way Derek manages his players, he doesn’t just throw someone back in the side when they’re back available unless their replacement has been doing a poor job, so it’s likely Kyle will be starting from now on.
RapidShrimp

Postby CityShrimp » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:51 pm

I thought the new keeper did well yesterday - once again we have two pretty decent keepers to choose from.
CityShrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion