Morecambe 3 [Phillips, Diagouraga, O'Sullivan] Colchester 0

Re: Morecambe 2 Phillips, Diagouraga Colchester 0 iFollow Th

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Brilliantly worked goal, crackin' finish.
jbc.shrimp

Re: Morecambe 3 Phillips, Diagouraga, O'Sullivan Colchester

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Three top top quality goals. Fantastic performance. Sully must be one of the most improved players in the league.
BerlinWaller

Re: Morecambe 3 Phillips, Diagouraga, O'Sullivan Colchester

Postby Bare bum » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Do you think Welch Hayes has ever been lost in an Irish mist?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Re: Morecambe 3 [Phillips, Diagouraga, O'Sullivan] Colcheste

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:43 pm

Bloody hell O'Sullivan! There was no need for that!

I had 2-0 in the prediction competition! 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another nice move. Keep the clean sheet though!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:44 pm

So where has D.A. Been watching from ?
jbc.shrimp

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:48 pm

Poor old pitch has taken a battering , maybe put a row of Maris pipers in along the touch line near the tunnel ;)
Born again Bill

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:49 pm

We look fitter and faster than we have for a while.
jbc.shrimp

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:52 pm

Up to 6th as things stand, within touching distance of the top spot! With games in hand as well
tim-sanchez

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:56 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:So where has D.A. Been watching from ?

He was pitch side.

Good win and with results going our way around us too. :D

Won 3-0 and still got a -2 goal difference!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:59 pm

Great result. 3 quality goals and a solid defensive performance. Phillips and Carlos get the plaudits but the back 4 are really solid. Impressed with the goalie, had a proper kick on him.

Well done to Derek and his coaching staff, 6th in the league and turned the Mazuma in to a fortress!
BerlinWaller

Postby Moose » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:01 pm

Cant agree with the harsh sending off, but well played Morecambe, great finishing and agree with the combined commentary.
Last edited by Moose on Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moose

Postby Screenster » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:01 pm

Great result and performance. We played the second half almost flawlessly after a difficult first half where I thought our one bit of real quality got us ahead. Managed the game after the red card really well. Fully deserved after a difficult week. COYS!
Screenster

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:02 pm

Will we lose at home ever again 8-) Feel sorry for red alert not getting his air time :lol:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Slanester » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Fantastic result. Some real pieces of quality out there today, and looking like we are getting over the sh!te, isolating etc. Instantly better when Big D came on, good sub for me.

No sympathy for their man sent off, red card offence, red card given, tough. He had been niggling, trying to bully, and generally playing just within the law all game.

We are looking good for big things, some squad these lads. Next!!
Slanester

Postby Moose » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:06 pm

Moose wrote:Cant agree with the harsh sending off, but well played Morecambe, great finishing and agree with the combined commentary.

Imagine Conor McGregor taking such a hit... it was face to face at most, come on Keith!
Moose

Postby redrobo » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:08 pm

A good result without being at our best. All credit to Colchester who went down to 10 but then played to win rather than playing to keep the score respectful at 2-0.

Would like to hear from the club about those players who didn't make it to the bench.

The new 'keeper looked ok but his distribution could be better and carries that ball as far as he can in his area before releasing it which at times looked very borderline on being outside of his are.

As for the sending off looked to me as it was a reckless challenge by flying in with both feet off the ground.

Next up Exeter....
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:08 pm

Look forward to watching us now, we dont always win and dont expect to, but we are becoming a team to contend with.
Some great moves and play today even with half the team missing. Derek just gets on with it and doesnt seem to whinge and moan about all that bare bones bollox.
Happy days
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:29 pm

redrobo wrote:As for the sending off looked to me as it was a reckless challenge by flying in with both feet off the ground.

He wasn't sent off for the tackle, which wasn't even a foul. We restarted the game with a throw in.

Moose wrote:Imagine Conor McGregor taking such a hit... it was face to face at most, come on Keith!

There was head to head contact. Doesn't matter that it was patheticly soft and Cooney deserves an Oscar for his acting, (which I don't like to see), but that's the way 'violent conduct' is interpreted nowadays. Cooney going down (clutching his nose when the contact was forehead to forehead) made the ref's decision easy for him. If I was a Colchester fan, I'd be annoyed with Pell for being stupid rather, than the ref.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:30 pm

Great result and one or two of the other scores put us in a very good position now. Exeter sounds a tricky game but we often get something out of it against them.

Terrific result AND my Covid jab.....What a day!
black morse

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:36 pm

Not our greatest performance but generally pretty solid, and some excellent moments/moves of great quality to get the goals!

Phillips pulled the strings excellently going forward and had a hand in all three goals (goal, pre-assist and assist). I think he's really developed since we've had him into a player who can really control things in attack. Works hard defensively too.

Not sure what O'Sullivan did at half time but he was brilliant in the second half! Skilful, intelligent running/passing, an assist and a goal to cap it all off!

CMG influenced the game well I though having been deployed more centrally, and that pass for our first was brilliant. NKP had a very good game in defence I thought (as did Lavelle), and Toums looked a class act as usual when he came on. Good to see us deal well with a few absentees.

Thought the red card was fair enough. Won the ball in his initial challenge but a bit needlessly forceful. Then reacts stupidly to Cooney being angry - not much of a head-butt, but I felt there was a little one there which is enough for a red card, especially in front of the linesman. A bit dramatic from Cooney but hardly Craig Stanley at Wembley levels! Looked like Pell's head wasn't screwed on for the whole game to be honest, lots of fouls/generally being a bit over the top. Should probably have been booked already by that point.

Very good to start attacking our goal difference through some quality goals today. Up to 6th after half of our games and on 38 points, looking good!
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:37 pm

MfcChris wrote:Feel sorry for red alert not getting his air time :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny how he hasn't been on today? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:46 pm

I'm happy to see us employing the dark arts. Their lad stuck his head in Cooney's face so deserved to go. So what if Ryan milked it, their lads would have done exactly the same. I liked the way Sam bought a foul whilst under a bit of pressure at the back and I like the way Cole hits the deck when he feels a touch from the Centre back. We have been too honest and naive for too long.
BerlinWaller

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:53 pm

Not the best we have played this season but so what 3 points is 3 points

Who cares if their player should have been sent off or not - this as happened to us quite a lot in the past

If we can get a point at Exeter on Tuesday night that would be fantastic (On paper one of the hardest games of the season)
Redalert1970

Postby Bara brith » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Toums gives us that quality in midfield, we’ve really missed him, second half substitute for Slew , made such a difference , hopefully starts on Tuesday
Bara brith

Postby Moose » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:As for the sending off looked to me as it was a reckless challenge by flying in with both feet off the ground.

He wasn't sent off for the tackle, which wasn't even a foul. We restarted the game with a throw in.

Moose wrote:Imagine Conor McGregor taking such a hit... it was face to face at most, come on Keith!

There was head to head contact. Doesn't matter that it was patheticly soft and Cooney deserves an Oscar for his acting, (which I don't like to see), but that's the way 'violent conduct' is interpreted nowadays. Cooney going down (clutching his nose when the contact was forehead to forehead) made the ref's decision easy for him. If I was a Colchester fan, I'd be annoyed with Pell for being stupid rather, than the ref.

Why have you quoted someone else for the first comment? That sending off is making a mockery of the game. Please don't try and justify it! Cooney is a wally for doing that, that is no way a Morecambe player should react. I hate cheats.
Last edited by Moose on Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moose

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion