Away games on ifollow

Away games on ifollow

Postby Shrimp Girl » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:36 pm

No more Radio Bias due to covid restrictions?
https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2021/j ... t-ifollow/

"Ambient noise by default" instead, sounds like a 70s prog rock band :?
Shrimp Girl

Re: Away games on ifollow

Postby tim-sanchez » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 pm

It's a shame they can't do remote commentary in some way, sat at home watching the same feed we are.

I'll probably give home commentary a go
tim-sanchez

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Fair enough really. Nothing against our team but its also nice to hear a different style too and adds to the away day feel. I think many away fans have enjoyed listening to ours for a bit of northern banter :lol:
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Freez » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:33 pm

Watch this space.
It’s strange, we made the decision last week, based on the fact that we have 3 away games spanning the country coming up and it didn’t feel right as we were just doing commentary. All that travel was it really necessary?
I would always rather be there to do this as you do get to talk to the home media lads re changes, line ups, how they set up etc.
BUT, the club have been talking to the EFL and IMG who between them organise IFollow, and we are hopeful that there can be some commentary on Saturday, as yet it’s not confirmed but the clubs are trying to set up a feed at the club itself so that we can commentate as live and it then goes out to all the fans.
This would primarily be for the Orient, Exeter and Stevenage games, with Bolton being a month away, we would review the situation following the Stevenage game.

So await more info, but there could still be a way!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby AndyReifman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:59 pm

Freez wrote:Watch this space.
It’s strange, we made the decision last week, based on the fact that we have 3 away games spanning the country coming up and it didn’t feel right as we were just doing commentary. All that travel was it really necessary?
I would always rather be there to do this as you do get to talk to the home media lads re changes, line ups, how they set up etc.
BUT, the club have been talking to the EFL and IMG who between them organise IFollow, and we are hopeful that there can be some commentary on Saturday, as yet it’s not confirmed but the clubs are trying to set up a feed at the club itself so that we can commentate as live and it then goes out to all the fans.
This would primarily be for the Orient, Exeter and Stevenage games, with Bolton being a month away, we would review the situation following the Stevenage game.

So await more info, but there could still be a way!!

Would be a nice solution. As an overseas fan (not sure if others feel the way), you guys in the booth are really a part of the club and matchday experience. It's never the same when we don't get you.
AndyReifman

Postby Shrimp Girl » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:06 pm

I take your point about the distances, if there is a way round that would be great.
Shrimp Girl

Postby Freez » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:03 pm

Looks like we are having a go tomorrow with commentary from the Mazuma on a live feed to the club.
We will see how that turns out, could be just on the radio feed rather than the video feed on IFollow but we are still trying to sort that out!
Hope to get something sorted, as people at the club have been working hard behind the scenes to get it sorted, thanks to them, they know who they are.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redrobo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:05 pm

Listening to Radio Lancashire Match Preview tonight it sounds as though Quinny will be giving updates from the game on Radio Lancashire 104.5fm.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Freez » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:41 pm

I don’t think he will mind me saying, he will be sat next to me at the Mazuma, watching the feed and reporting on it!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Return to General Discussion