We are overdue some luck

We are overdue some luck

Postby Ned » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:14 pm

I think Sammy’s comments in the Visitor are spot on about Stanley and McLachlan being big players for us in recent weeks. Their long term injuries could not have come at worst time and Sammy realises like most people that the shortage of quality replacements in key areas is a major concern. Just as it looked like the team was stabilising its position we lost Rene Howe and you don’t have to be an experienced manager to realise that Blinkhorn, Curtis or any of the strikers don’t have what it takes in this league. Of equal concern is the engine room midfield where our only replacement for the missing duo is Hunter. Nice lad who was described `respectfully` on Tuesday evening by a club official as a player who is popular because he puts in 100% effort but lacks the necessary quality for league 2 football and is typical of a player who would stand out in a Sunday league.
Let us hope Sammy can find a way around this embargo and get some loan players in as we don’t want to get sucked into the Chester syndrome. All things considered Saturday’s match now takes on more significance as I am sure the Welshmen who on Monday were apprehensive will now see this as an opportunity to halt their slide.
Ned

Re: We are overdue some luck

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:22 pm

Simply Ned wrote:I think Sammy’s comments in the Visitor are spot on about Stanley and McLachlan being big players for us in recent weeks. Their long term injuries could not have come at worst time and Sammy realises like most people that the shortage of quality replacements in key areas is a major concern. Just as it looked like the team was stabilising its position we lost Rene Howe and you don’t have to be an experienced manager to realise that Blinkhorn, Curtis or any of the strikers don’t have what it takes in this league. Of equal concern is the engine room midfield where our only replacement for the missing duo is Hunter. Nice lad who was described `respectfully` on Tuesday evening by a club official as a player who is popular because he puts in 100% effort but lacks the necessary quality for league 2 football and is typical of a player who would stand out in a Sunday league. Let us hope Sammy can find a way around this embargo and get some loan players in as we don’t want to get sucked into the Chester syndrome. All things considered Saturday’s match now takes on more significance as I am sure the Welshmen who on Monday were apprehensive will now see this as an opportunity to halt their slide.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby wonder shrimp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:26 pm

our injury problems are bad, but chester are a club in crisis! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chester/7881920.stm

Added to that, cash-strapped City are still under a transfer embargo imposed by the Football League last summer.

And, following the deadline day departures of Mark Hughes, Eddie Johnson, Paul Butler and Tony Dinning, as well as loaned-out duo Paul McManus and Andy Mitchell, manager Mark Wright now has the smallest playing squad in the League.

Wright was forced to raid the youth team and had five teenagers on the bench for Saturday's 3-0 defeat at Brentford, a game for which he also had to select three half-fit players.
wonder shrimp

Postby Gnasher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Nice lad who was described `respectfully` on Tuesday evening by a club official as a player who is popular because he puts in 100% effort but lacks the necessary quality for league 2 football and is typical of a player who would stand out in a Sunday league

That's nasty, if you're going to repeat something like that you could at least have the balls to name the club official so it can be "discussed".
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:39 pm

Gnasher wrote:Nice lad who was described `respectfully` on Tuesday evening by a club official as a player who is popular because he puts in 100% effort but lacks the necessary quality for league 2 football and is typical of a player who would stand out in a Sunday league

That's nasty, if you're going to repeat something like that you could at least have the balls to name the club official so it can be "discussed".

Exactly....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Dazzer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:02 pm

If Sammy felt Hunter was'nt upto League 2 standard, he would'nt still be at the club.

So the comment is tosh, wherever it originated from.
Dazzer

Postby George Dawes » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Dazzer wrote:If Sammy felt Hunter was'nt upto League 2 standard, he would'nt still be at the club.

So the comment is tosh, wherever it originated from.

McCann & Carr might have been on a lot more money than Hunter as we are tyring to tighten our strings
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:27 pm

Or at least have the balls to say it yourself instead of saying it was from a club official.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Bare bum » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:30 pm

I think Sammy’s comments in the Visitor are spot on about Stanley and McLachlan being big players for us in recent weeks. Their long term injuries could not have come at worst time and Sammy realises like most people that the shortage of quality replacements in key areas is a major concern. Just as it looked like the team was stabilising its position we lost Rene Howe and you don’t have to be an experienced manager to realise that Blinkhorn, Curtis or any of the strikers don’t have what it takes in this league. Of equal concern is the engine room midfield where our only replacement for the missing duo is Hunter. Nice lad who was described `respectfully` on Tuesday evening by a club official as a player who is popular because he puts in 100% effort but lacks the necessary quality for league 2 football and is typical of a player who would stand out in a Sunday league.
Let us hope Sammy can find a way around this embargo and get some loan players in as we don’t want to get sucked into the Chester syndrome. All things considered Saturday’s match now takes on more significance as I am sure the Welshmen who on Monday were apprehensive will now see this as an opportunity to halt their slide.

Ned, do you talk like that in real life?
Are you saying that our football team has 2 or 3 of its best players injured, the replacements might not do as well and you think as a result they might "get sucked into the Chester syndrome". In addition you think Curtis, Blinkhorn, Taylor, Twiss, O'Carroll and, particularly, Hunter are crap.

What is the Chester syndrome by the way? Is that the one where a crook of a chairman grinds the club into the ground over 5 years? How is our injury list going to cause that, pray tell?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Abbo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:24 pm

I cant understand why people rise to what Simply Ned ever posts on this site because its obvious he is just a shit stirrer trying to wind people up by posting remarksthat intend to annoy and irritate.
Abbo

Postby Gnasher » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:17 pm

Quoting a club official with such a remark is OTT, wind up merchant or not.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby james456 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Abbo wrote:I cant understand why people rise to what Simply Ned ever posts on this site because its obvious he is just a shit stirrer trying to wind people up by posting remarksthat intend to annoy and irritate.

He does offer a (arguably) valid opinion. Either that or he's a really really good troll/WUM.
james456

Postby Abbo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Its quite obvious really, he's talking out of his arse and he should be treated with the contempt he deserves.
Abbo

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:43 pm

I used to think negative ned was a bit of a wind up merchant who supported some other team and just came on here to stir it when things had not gone morecambes way.

I now know who it is,, and nasty the comments about GH plus the cowardly way they are veiled behind a fictional club official just about sums the person up, crawl back under your stone ned.
PUNKISDEAD

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:48 am

He may be a wind up merchant who enjoys pushing the buttons of some of the more guilable punters on SV but he also normally has a valid point or two and on this he is right - without Howe we are woefully light upfront and taking aside (a fit) twiss Ned is spot on - NONE - YES NONE of our options are good enough up front in this division and if we get higher the 14th this season i will gladly eat my words but I think not!
IMHO we have recently turned a corner and at times look more than capable of holding our own in this league but like many clubs we are inconsistent - without Rene upfront and our best 11 all fit and on form I can't see a platform we can can build off to threaten other teams and if we think Wayne & Matty are going to give us that then bring on the Blue Square!

I'm not a doom merchant but face facts - next season will be our big test as with all things being equal we need Sammy to unearth talent or make some shrewd loan signings or it promises to be a rollacoaster!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby ezz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:37 am

Same thing was said about this season......the next season is always the hardest!!!
I'm going to guess that infact next season will be really easy and we'll piss this tinpot league. We'll coast to a 12 point winning gap easy as pie
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:37 am

SkinnyShrimp wrote:...or it promises to be a rollacoaster!

Isn't it always, when you're a Morecambe fan. Shrimper must have RSI from typing that out over the years. I would like to see O'Carroll given a decent run out for a few weeks now, with Twissy dropping back in to midfield once Howe is fit again. For me, our style has changed since the start of the season and I'd like to see if O'Carroll can produce the goods.

And until Howe returns, give Hunter a chance to show whether he is or isn't up to it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 am

Once again Ned has prompted more debate.

For my two penn'orth I'd say he makes some valid points. But most of them are so obvious I wonder 'why' they are being made (other than to prompt debate - or stir things up, which is fair enough).

Aside from the opportunity to have a snide, underhanded dig at one of our young players he says nowt we don't already know.

We know our squad lacks strength - no-one has ever denied it.

Find me one person at the club - from management, to officials, to fans - who honestly thinks this current squad is capable of taking us any further than we are now and I'll show you someone who knows little about football.

So - other than to be snide - why make the point, particularly when, weak or not, our squad has thus far been good enough to outplay a few very much more established Football League sides in recent weeks?

The club (based on attendances, size of town and history in football) is punching way above its weight.

The management and players are working hard for OUR club and delivering results and performances (with a few exceptions) well above what most people would expect.

We all know that the next couple of seasons will show whether we have the ability as a club to move forward.

This close season will be crucial. We won't have the buffer of the 'deducted points' clubs beneath us and will have to bring in new players to ensure our safety and help us take advantage of our new stadium's earning potential in years to come.

That's a matter for the board to sort out with the League to make sure we can 'include' money that is ours to spend in our player budget.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Freez » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:52 pm

The wage cap is a good thing which we must all abide by, perhaps Daggers don't have a squad littered with long and mid-term injury "victims".

There is a credit crunch on you know, a recession, 2 million unemployed, and we have some right pansies phoning in sick.

Think Michael Howard, should we stop paying him? Bloody right, hasn't done a stroke in months.
Andy Parrish, not his fault, but stop his money anyway, that'll learn em..
Stanners n Frase, I bet they got injured deliberately, pair of shirkers, get them signing on.
Right idea with Wayun, get him off the pay roll if he aint fit.
Rene Howe, looks like he is on his way back as I speak, he's bombing around like a gazelle on the plastic at Heysham, WHY? Stopped his money I'll wager.
Henry McStay, can't afford twenty a day on sick money, quite rightly!

In my day, Bert Trautman played with a broken neck while sporting a fishing sweater and diving boots.

Bloody big girls the lot of 'em!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby wijit » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Gnasher wrote:Nice lad who was described `respectfully` on Tuesday evening by a club official as a player who is popular because he puts in 100% effort but lacks the necessary quality for league 2 football and is typical of a player who would stand out in a Sunday league

Only my humble opinion, but I'd say Ned is just a spineless pillock who lacks the courage of his convictions.
wijit

Postby CASS » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:16 pm

wijit wrote:

Only my humble opinion, but I'd say Ned is just a spineless pillock who lacks the courage of his convictions.

Would that be the same as a "Tosser" :?:
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Return to General Discussion