How we feeling?

How we feeling?

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:47 am

So, ahead of our biggest cup tie in years? How we feeling? For me, both excited and disappointed that we can't go (for very understandable reasons) that we won't be able to be there to see our lads play at one of the countrys most iconic grounds and miss out on £££££. Would have been some party. How many fans would we have took?
lancaster shrimp

Re: How we feeling?

Postby Slanester » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:09 am

Being at the game would have been massive for Morecambe Fc, the fans, and the team, so really, really disappointed for everybody. On a personal note, the excitement has superseded that, since knowing for so long that it wasn’t going to happen. Can’t bloody wait for kick off.
Numbers travelling, surely would have been 5/6000(?) SOME day it would have been.
Slanester

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:16 am

Nervous anticipation, just hope the lads acquit themselves well.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:35 am

Nervous...
For me we should manage the game in 15 minutes segments.

For the first 15 expect them to throw everything at us including the kitchen sink.

Survive the above and be a wee bit more expansive in the next 15 and in the 15 prior to H/T contain them but look to break as and when we can.

Second half, first 15 very much like the first half 15 but in the next press them and see what we can do.

Final 15 go for it assuming that a positive score is still within our reach and if we are already winning make sure we close the back door and allow them sod all.

If it's down to penalties. Mark to produce the final save to win the tie...I had a dream remember :lol:

Dreaming... :?: :?: :?: Can't beat a wee bit of dreaming in the FA Cup..... :D :D :D
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:12 pm

It should be an event, one of our biggest ever games. Taking my lad to a PL ground as a Morecambe fan rather than a tourist would have been something special. The whole day would have been some event for the many thousand travelling but now it is just a match on the tele sadly.

It's a free hit, as long as we give it our all I am sure all Morecambe fans will be proud.
BerlinWaller

Postby Screenster » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:10 pm

I'm feeling really positive, as BW says it's a free hit and we should be proud of the lads no matter what the result.
Screenster

Postby BigRedOne » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:20 pm

As long as we play well, don,t get hammered, I'm sure all shrimp fans will be proud.
BigRedOne

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:10 pm

I think we would have sold out our 13% allocation
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby AndyReifman » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Watching Arsenal v Newcastle now and neither team looks particularly up for it. Hopefully that's a Premier League thing and we can put it to Chelsea tomorrow.
AndyReifman

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:59 pm

I think we have already lost the biggest thing from tomorrow, finance. When we do well against a prem team I think the experience we gain to take into the league matches will bode us well for the promotion push.
jbc.shrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:05 pm

Slanester wrote:Being at the game would have been massive for Morecambe Fc, the fans, and the team, so really, really disappointed for everybody. On a personal note, the excitement has superseded that, since knowing for so long that it wasn’t going to happen. Can’t bloody wait for kick off.
Numbers travelling, surely would have been 5/6000(?) SOME day it would have been.

Slanester, you are possibly correct. The biggest question from your comment is where are the 4/5000 missing from the home league matches, that they are willing to follow the team to a prem club, and say they have been to a famous ground.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:07 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:Slanester, you are possibly correct. The biggest question from your comment is where are the 4/5000 missing from the home league matches, that they are willing to follow the team to a prem club, and say they have been to a famous ground.

While some of it is 'glory hunters', it is also because every real Morecambe fan would pull out all the stops to get there, even though they aren't able to get to every League game. I definitely wouldn't miss this game even though I can't get to many ordinarily.

Never having supported a 'second team', I've never been to a Premiership ground, so this would have been a first for me.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:16 pm

It's not always easy for some fans to get to every game, I used to live locally but moved away as my family moved for work. I would love to be able to go to every game but I would for sure have made sure I could have got to the Chelsea game. Never been to a premier league ground either and would be a brilliant experience. Glory hunters and Morecambe I never expected to see in the same sentence lol. Can't wait for the game to kick off, I have loved the media coverage we have had this last week and just hope we give a good account of ourselves tomorrow.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Slanester » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:09 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:
Slanester wrote:Being at the game would have been massive for Morecambe Fc, the fans, and the team, so really, really disappointed for everybody. On a personal note, the excitement has superseded that, since knowing for so long that it wasn’t going to happen. Can’t bloody wait for kick off.

Slanester, you are possibly correct. The biggest question from your comment is where are the 4/5000 missing from the home league matches, that they are willing to follow the team to a prem club, and say they have been to a famous ground.

I could be way off with numbers, maybe getting carried away due to my own enthusiasm? I do know numerous people/ mates etc who are casual supporters who would have gone, just based on a great away day. We all probably do? Not disrespecting them, just how it is. Hopefully, our success this season, might reflect in more fans attending home lge games, once we are allowed. COYS.

Based on the 13% mentioned by Marky 1.......5438 away fans. :D :D
Slanester

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:32 pm

Bristol Shrimp wrote:Can't wait for the game to kick off, I have loved the media coverage we have had this last week and just hope we give a good account of ourselves tomorrow.

+1

So many days have passed since the draw was made that it feels amazing that we are playing against last season’s finalists at their ground tomorrow! Whatever the result, I’ll be proud of the lads for getting to R3 in both the proper cups, and still being 7th in the league despite all the games we’ve missed! But of course I’ll be even prouder if the lads can show how good they are, like they have been all season, and make Chelsea work extremely hard to break us down and get through the game.

The anticipation is at breaking-point! COYS :D
RapidShrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:34 pm

Rapidshrimp, in your comment, the sentence, 'and still being 7th in the league despite all the games we've missed', say's it all. Newport and the Shrimps have played at least 1 game less than the rest in the top 7. If we can put that advantage to good use, I may be wishing, but automatics here we come !
jbc.shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:34 am

Keith wrote:Never having supported a 'second team', I've never been to a Premiership ground, so this would have been a first for me.

It only came to me afterwards... ...of course, this is the second time Morecambe have played at a top flight club in the FA Cup. So today would have been my second time if we'd been allowed.

Who else attended on the first occasion?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:06 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby AndyReifman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:02 pm

Keeping an eye on the Chelsea fans and they seem pretty split on starting youth vs first XI. Some say start the first XI so they can batter us and regain confidence, the others say start the kids to see if any are ready to be played in the league.

On the plus side, I think this match is a bit of a no-win situation for Lampard. If he loses, he's almost certainly out his job, but if he wins that doesn't really gain him any safety. We are just little old Morecambe after all.
AndyReifman

Postby paulshrimp » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Today I am wearing the tee shirt I first wore 20 years and 4 days ago :D
paulshrimp

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:07 pm

AndyReifman wrote:Keeping an eye on the Chelsea fans and they seem pretty split on starting youth vs first XI. Some say start the first XI so they can batter us and regain confidence, the others say start the kids to see if any are ready to be played in the league.

On the plus side, I think this match is a bit of a no-win situation for Lampard. If he loses, he's almost certainly out his job, but if he wins that doesn't really gain him any safety. We are just little old Morecambe after all.

Play the youth Frank, play the youth. COYS.
Slanester

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:50 pm

Keith wrote:It only came to me afterwards... ...of course, this is the second time Morecambe have played at a top flight club in the FA Cup. So today would have been my second time if we'd been allowed.

No-one?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:29 pm

Keith wrote:
Keith wrote:It only came to me afterwards... ...of course, this is the second time Morecambe have played at a top flight club in the FA Cup. So today would have been my second time if we'd been allowed.

No-one?

Portman Road was it? Yes I was there. Memories of the day. Getting on one of the supporters coaches at Charnock Richard due to living in E Lancs. I think the rules were different then and the coach was like a mobile bar. We had some boxes of bottled Stella straight from a recent booze cruise to France. Remember they were all gone by the time we arrived in Ipswich. Straight in the pub outside the ground along with several hundred other noisy Morecambe fans. We made a great noise in the ground but after Jimbo got sent off early in the first half we had no chance. Remember Danny Carlton (think it was) having a great second half but to no avail and we lost 4-0.That was the nucleus of the team which got us promoted into the league a few years later and was a very decent outfit.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Phoenix Shrimp 2017 wrote:
Keith wrote:

No-one?

Portman Road was it? Yes I was there. Memories of the day. Getting on one of the supporters coaches at Charnock Richard due to living in E Lancs. I think the rules were different then and the coach was like a mobile bar. We had some boxes of bottled Stella straight from a recent booze cruise to France. Remember they were all gone by the time we arrived in Ipswich. Straight in the pub outside the ground along with several hundred other noisy Morecambe fans. We made a great noise in the ground but after Jimbo got sent off early in the first half we had no chance. Remember Danny Carlton (think it was) having a great second half but to no avail and we lost 4-0.That was the nucleus of the team which got us promoted into the league a few years later and was a very decent outfit.

Isn't that the game when the BoD hired as plane but had to hire a coach for the return as the plane broke down at the arrival airport or was that yet another 'dream' i had earlier in my life.... :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:31 pm

In answer to the post question.......Proud to support Morecambe!!! :D
black morse

Next

Return to General Discussion