Chelsea (A) Predictions, FA Cup 3rd round. 10 January.

Chelsea (A) Predictions, FA Cup 3rd round. 10 January.

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:51 pm

Assuming we’re Covid free place your predictions please. As always, score at the end of normal time.

4-1 loss but showing real spirit

2-2 for Mrs Sak
Last edited by Sakhalin Shrimp on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Re: Chelsea (A) Predictions, FA Cup 3rd round. 10 January.

Postby Zippy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:29 pm

5_0
Zippy

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:49 pm

i will wait 1hr before KO and the lineups are confirmed .
Andy D

Postby Born again Bill » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:37 pm

Chelsea playing Man City now , wonder what the chance of 10 hamstring injuries is :lol:
Born again Bill

Postby ianmcm » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm

3-1 sadly.
ianmcm

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Andy D wrote:i will wait 1hr before KO and the lineups are confirmed .

Don't forget that it's a 13.30 KO :lol:
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby black morse » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:37 pm

4-1
black morse

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:46 pm

4-0 sadly. We are much improved but this is light years above Div 2.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:09 pm

2-1 and proud of the effort.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:22 pm

I’d be chuffed if we scored!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Freez » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:22 pm

Chelsea, that is :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:23 pm

4-1 defeat although obviously hoping for much better!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:23 pm

4-1 defeat although obviously hoping for much better!
Morecambe Jack

Postby MfcChris » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:21 pm

6-0 loss
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Crazeenick » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:41 pm

Maybe a 2-1 win for the Shrimps :D :D :D

COYS
Crazeenick

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:52 pm

I have a dream....

It's all square at the final whistle and we take the following penalties first to decide such a close faught match.

We score..and Chelsea equalize...

And so it goes until the 5th penalty which Carlos places on the white spot. Takes a deep breath and SCORES sending the Chelsea 2nd choice 'keeper the wrong way...and not for the first time that afternoon..

It's all down to Chelsea's final penalty and Mark prances up and down in his goal until the ref has quick word to stop his gamesmanship.

The ball is placed on the spot..... The Chelsea players gather in a huddle in the centre spot. Frank L can't look whilst DA remains his cool exterior so familiar over the match to date.

The ball is arched towards Mark's goal destined for the back of the onion net....

Somehow Mark is able to track the ball and flings himself to his left and direct the ball onto the post which appears to be redirected into the back of the net. BUT Mark recovers and is able to punch the ball away to safety. NO GOAL. NO WINNER FOR CHELSEA....

The lads in red look stunned unable to believe what has just happened....BUT as if by clock work to a man they make a bee line for Mark who by this time is dancing in his area like a man possessed. He HAS single handed with a touch from another hand of God won the game for his EFL2 club and created the following day's back page headlines.

DA shows a side of emotion not often witnessed by the TV public, whilst Frank sinks to the floor knowing that his time as Chelsea's manager is now no longer in his hands or more to the point his Chelsea players at all levels.

Meanwhile Mark is engulfed by the entire Morecambe squad and support staff. The clubs Directors and Owners are unable to keep it under control and proceed to become children in one fleeting moment.

BUT then I wake and realize that it's all been a beautiful dream that is so far from reality that it's as if my whole life has become a continuing nightmare. To come so far without actually being able to see any game live is a cruel fate of nature and one that time will not heal.

So our gallant lads went down fighting playing a brand of football that we all know they are capable of. Football is a cruel game and non more so than this dream shattered by a team costing multi millions.

Oh well back to reality and our continued battle to seek life in EFL1.

As for reality and the final score at The Bridge....who cares about the result. The team did themselves, the club and the fans proud.

Score prediction from this dreamer....a close 3-1 defeat....BUT wonders do happen...so....... :o :o :o
redrobo

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:02 pm

I think if Chelsea play their second string we might have half a chance. 3-2 Morecambe I say
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:52 pm

Anybody who watched the game, saw us absolutely stun the Man Utd youth. Plenty of improvement since, so if Lampard underestimates us, goes with the Chelsea “boys”, then why not? I’m backing our lads, no not pi$$ed.

2-1 Shrimps win.

Sam Lavelle being out, is a big one for us. Lampard not taking too much risk with his starting 11. Not “Little old Morecambe,” but too tough of an ask, to win this.( Shrimps football miracle please.)

3-0 home win.

Very proud of these lads, lg1 team in waiting IMO.
Last edited by Slanester on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slanester

Postby Alan » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:00 am

Glad to read the last 3-4 posts as I was getting a bit narked at the predictions before that. It is as if some have still to shed the 'little Morecambe ' mentality we have been used to over the last few years. Remember that Ipswich came 5th in the Premier 2001-2 when we were in the Conference and in those days most fans were confident of a good display and were not disappointed. OK so we lost 3-0 but we are hopefully a classier side now.
This is my team and I expect them to win every match, irrespective of the opposition.
I have every confidence in DA and the lads and so go with Wild Bill -- 3-2 to the Shrimps!

Edit-- Perhaps some just want to score points in the prediction competition instead of having the blind faith of nutters like me! :lol:
Alan

Postby paulshrimp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:06 am

I think Lampard might play a serious team as he is under pressure. 4-0 Shrimps defeat
paulshrimp

Postby JTW » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:14 am

1-1, MFC win on penalties.
JTW

Postby JTW » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:15 am

redrobo wrote:I have a dream....

It's all square at the final whistle and we take the following penalties first to decide such a close faught match.

We score..and Chelsea equalize...

And so it goes until the 5th penalty which Carlos places on the white spot. Takes a deep breath and SCORES sending the Chelsea 2nd choice 'keeper the wrong way...and not for the first time that afternoon..

It's all down to Chelsea's final penalty and Mark prances up and down in his goal until the ref has quick word to stop his gamesmanship.

The ball is placed on the spot..... The Chelsea players gather in a huddle in the centre spot. Frank L can't look whilst DA remains his cool exterior so familiar over the match to date.

The ball is arched towards Mark's goal destined for the back of the onion net....

Somehow Mark is able to track the ball and flings himself to his left and direct the ball onto the post which appears to be redirected into the back of the net. BUT Mark recovers and is able to punch the ball away to safety. NO GOAL. NO WINNER FOR CHELSEA....

The lads in red look stunned unable to believe what has just happened....BUT as if by clock work to a man they make a bee line for Mark who by this time is dancing in his area like a man possessed. He HAS single handed with a touch from another hand of God won the game for his EFL2 club and created the following day's back page headlines.

DA shows a side of emotion not often witnessed by the TV public, whilst Frank sinks to the floor knowing that his time as Chelsea's manager is now no longer in his hands or more to the point his Chelsea players at all levels.

Meanwhile Mark is engulfed by the entire Morecambe squad and support staff. The clubs Directors and Owners are unable to keep it under control and proceed to become children in one fleeting moment.

BUT then I wake and realize that it's all been a beautiful dream that is so far from reality that it's as if my whole life has become a continuing nightmare. To come so far without actually being able to see any game live is a cruel fate of nature and one that time will not heal.

So our gallant lads went down fighting playing a brand of football that we all know they are capable of. Football is a cruel game and non more so than this dream shattered by a team costing multi millions.

Oh well back to reality and our continued battle to seek life in EFL1.

As for reality and the final score at The Bridge....who cares about the result. The team did themselves, the club and the fans proud.

Score prediction from this dreamer....a close 3-1 defeat....BUT wonders do happen...so....... :o :o :o

Love this!
JTW

Postby AndyReifman » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:56 am

Think we draw 1-1 and go through on Penalties.

As they say in school, Chelsea ain't shit.
AndyReifman

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:40 pm

5 - 0 to Chelsea

We are playing well but remember Newcastle
Redalert1970

Postby cragbankshrimp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:03 pm

4 - 0 defeat
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion