Chelsea

Re: Chelsea

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:23 pm

Freez wrote:Dirty Leeds! :cry:

Shrimps vs Leeds in the 4th round, now that would be epic :D
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Castaway » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:16 am

It's live on ESPN3 here in Peru (in Spanish).

It'll be interesting which of our players they struggle with in terms of pronunciation, but I doubt they'll bother to learn them. Apparently just used to call Peter Crouch Giraffe and the regular commentator often sings after a goal.

If for whatever reason anyone struggles to access the game through BBC, you should try streaming the game through ESPN (hesgoals).

Wonder if we get a wee bit of cash for their coverage? I've seen it'll be live in Spain and Latin America.
Castaway

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:58 am

Castaway wrote:It's live on ESPN3 here in Peru (in Spanish).

It'll be interesting which of our players they struggle with in terms of pronunciation, but I doubt they'll bother to learn them. Apparently just used to call Peter Crouch Giraffe and the regular commentator often sings after a goal.

If for whatever reason anyone struggles to access the game through BBC, you should try streaming the game through ESPN (hesgoals).

Wonder if we get a wee bit of cash for their coverage? I've seen it'll be live in Spain and Latin America.

I think I'd enjoy listing to the game in Spanish. Particularly if we score. 'Mendes Gomes! Gooooaaaaalll!!!!'

Enjoy!
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby black morse » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:38 am

Not sure I really want us to win this as we will be racking up too many games in hand. FA cup means good money but play offs should be the main aim. Some fans should be allowed in by then.
black morse

Postby AndyReifman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:59 pm

Castaway wrote:It's live on ESPN3 here in Peru (in Spanish).

It's on ESPN+ in the US (first two rounds were as well if I remember correctly) and I pay monthly for that on top of my TV, so I hope the club seems some extra cash from them for that.
AndyReifman

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:20 pm

black morse wrote:Not sure I really want us to win this as we will be racking up too many games in hand. FA cup means good money but play offs should be the main aim. Some fans should be allowed in by then.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

We get to this stage of the cup for the first time in 18 years and you’re not sure if you want a cup upset? Incredible! If it was in the Pizza EFL Trophy then fine, but it’s the FA Cup THIRD ROUND! The chances of us winning it, or even taking it beyond the 90 minutes, are extremely slight, so how about you just forget about the potential of a ‘fixture pileup’ and just live in the moment! The Shrimps are going to Stamford Bridge! :roll:
RapidShrimp

Postby black morse » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:34 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:
black morse wrote:Not sure I really want us to win this as we will be racking up too many games in hand. FA cup means good money but play offs should be the main aim. Some fans should be allowed in by then.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

We get to this stage of the cup for the first time in 18 years and you’re not sure if you want a cup upset? Incredible! If it was in the Pizza EFL Trophy then fine, but it’s the FA Cup THIRD ROUND! The chances of us winning it, or even taking it beyond the 90 minutes, are extremely slight, so how about you just forget about the potential of a ‘fixture pileup’ and just live in the moment! The Shrimps are going to Stamford Bridge! :roll:

Well that put me in my place :oops: :oops: :oops:
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:58 pm

I wouldnt worry too much BM, you both make valid points and I dont think any of us want us to lose the game...
Going into the 4th round would be a massive achievement and go in our record books and we are only 14/1 to do so, would love to see us do it, success breeds success
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:48 pm

black morse wrote:Well that put me in my place :oops: :oops: :oops:

I’m sorry if my post came across in any way offensive, and you’re entitled to think like that with us actually being at the right end of the league for once, but you don’t get chances like this often (and we have never had a tie to this scale before). It would be a shame for our own fans just count us out due to the size of Chelsea & how well we’re doing in the league, and prepare for the rest of the season before we’ve even reached match-day, let alone kicked a ball.

The odds are slight for us to compete with them, but the odds were also equally small that we’d be in our current league position! ;) COYS
RapidShrimp

Postby Bare bum » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:56 pm

Referee for Sunday is Darren England

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/match ... cup-100121

I notice that there are VAR officials. That will be the first time our players enjoy (or suffer) VAR
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby black morse » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:48 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:
black morse wrote:Well that put me in my place :oops: :oops: :oops:

I’m sorry if my post came across in any way offensive, and you’re entitled to think like that with us actually being at the right end of the league for once, but you don’t get chances like this often (and we have never had a tie to this scale before). It would be a shame for our own fans just count us out due to the size of Chelsea & how well we’re doing in the league, and prepare for the rest of the season before we’ve even reached match-day, let alone kicked a ball.

The odds are slight for us to compete with them, but the odds were also equally small that we’d be in our current league position! ;) COYS

No offence my friend :)
black morse

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:07 am

Bare bum wrote:Referee for Sunday is Darren England

https://www.si.com/soccer/chelsea/match ... cup-100121

I notice that there are VAR officials. That will be the first time our players enjoy (or suffer) VAR

Could have done with VAR in the FA cup v Hull or League Cup v Newcastle, so it may be a good thing!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby captain sparkle » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:31 am

MfcChris wrote:Can watch the whole game on iplayer, or as I will be doing, watch the first half on iplayer and the second half on red button (which is easier and less chance of buffering as on tv and not through internet)

I think it may be worth keeping an eye on the red button schedule, maybe even looking in at kick off time.

11:50
WSL: Women's Football, Red Button, 20/21
WSL: Arsenal v Everton
10/12 Live coverage of Arsenal v Everton in the WSL. (R)

AFTERNOON
14:00
FA Cup Red Button
FA Cup Third Round: Chelsea v Morecambe
5/3 Live coverage of Chelsea v Morecambe in the FA Cup third round.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Slanester » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:43 am

I wonder if Gibson will be fit, and ready for this game? If DA feels he is, then I think he should start, even though that’s not the norm for getting back into the 11 after injury etc.

Like a kid at Christmas, bring em on.COYS.
Slanester

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:45 am

I really want to be positive about this even tho the dream has us in the 4th round draw.
Hopefully still in touching distance at half time, but a lack of game time for 2 weeks will be a problem me thinks.

4.0 loss, would be great to score tho
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:49 am

Hope the Referee or VAR don't spoil this game, unless its in our favour of course. :lol:
Andy D

Previous

Return to General Discussion