Chelsea

Re: Chelsea

Postby redrobo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:11 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I just hope some of our fans have regained some perspective after the Newcastle game. Some of those comments haven't aged very well. Chelski's kids will be on tens of thousands of per week, probably played for every age group internationally and trained at state of the art facilities since they were 6 or 7.

The money gained from this cup run is vital and the saddest thing is that we can not share it with the team. We should be so proud of their efforts and if we get tonked 15-0, so be it.

....and some if not all will never have played against a team of 'get in your face' types before. Could be a wake up call for some which could be the making of some whilst others may find it not to their liking.

As long as we put on a professional if not pretty performance then that will do for me. If we get tonked but leave with our pride intact and some glowing post match comments from others within the game and media then we'll have done an excellent job for our club but above all themselves on a day some will never forget as being the highlight of their career to date.

:) :) :)
redrobo

Postby MfcChris » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:35 pm

Looks like game is on iplayer. Can only see it on red button from 2.30pm so second half only on tv.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Slanester » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:18 pm

redrobo wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:I just hope some of our fans have regained some perspective after the Newcastle game. Some of those comments haven't aged very well. Chelski's kids will be on tens of thousands of per week, probably played for every age group internationally and trained at state of the art facilities since they were 6 or 7.

The money gained from this cup run is vital and the saddest thing is that we can not share it with the team. We should be so proud of their efforts and if we get tonked 15-0, so be it.

....and some if not all will never have played against a team of 'get in your face' types before. Could be a wake up call for some which could be the making of some whilst others may find it not to their liking.

As long as we put on a professional if not pretty performance then that will do for me. If we get tonked but leave with our pride intact and some glowing post match comments from others within the game and media then we'll have done an excellent job for our club but above all themselves on a day some will never forget as being the highlight of their career to date.

:) :) :)

In a nutshell rr. COYS.
Slanester

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:13 pm

Currently losing 3-0 at home to Man City. Going to be a piece of cake for Derek’s men :lol: :lol:

(And it’s not over exaggerating to say it could be 6-0)
RapidShrimp

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:44 pm

If ever a game had so many whys, where's, ifs buts and maybes about it then it's this one. Will we lose players to positive tests, will Chelsea play the reserves (still many very expensive internationals amongst them). Or will Lampard turn his full first team out again as punishment for todays abysmal performance against City (as of half time that is).

Intriguing to say the least.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Freez » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:50 pm

It could be 7 or 8, Chelsea are bloody hopeless today, who knows what will happen?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:51 pm

We could put the final nail in Fat Franks coffin.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:07 pm

I disagree, we were bloody awful that night regardless of how good Newcastle were. We weren't just a few rungs below, we were miles away. If we take a pounding but feel we put the effort in, then that's fine, but against Newcastle we didn't even do the basics right. Since then, we've played much, much better. Playing how we have for the last couple of months, I think we'd give Newcastle a completely different game.

BerlinWaller wrote:The money gained from this cup run is vital and the saddest thing is that we can not share it with the team. We should be so proud of their efforts and if we get tonked 15-0, so be it.

Now that we can agree on. :(
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:15 pm

Keith wrote:

I disagree, we were bloody awful that night regardless of how good Newcastle were. We weren't just a few rungs below, we were miles away. If we take a pounding but feel we put the effort in, then that's fine, but against Newcastle we didn't even do the basics right. Since then, we've played much, much better. Playing how we have for the last couple of months, I think we'd give Newcastle a completely different game.

BerlinWaller wrote:The money gained from this cup run is vital and the saddest thing is that we can not share it with the team. We should be so proud of their efforts and if we get tonked 15-0, so be it.

Now that we can agree on. :(

Totally disagree. We are nowhere near giving teams like Newcastle a game. Fair enough, we could have a right good go and if they had the worst of days then maybe we could shock them but 99/100 they should beat us. I guess that is why they call them Giant killings. We were rubbish but the reactions on here were mind blowing.
BerlinWaller

Postby Freez » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:21 pm

I agree, we were three down in 15 minutes, everything they hit went in and we looked shellshocked, pretty much the same after half an hour against Cambridge and the second half against Crawley. It happens, Newcastle were comfortable from 5 mins onwards and we couldn’t get near them and as I said, everything they tried came off.
Fair play to them, we were crap, they were good, same as Cambridge and Crawley, I have no complaints about any of those results, but performances have been much improved since those early days and we have learned from them, which is all you can do.
The over reaction to the Toon game made me laugh, as though it was unacceptable but Cambridge was?
Weird.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:51 pm

If i turn up for a race with John McGuiness MBE on my push bike and he rocks up on his Superbile, he is going to beat me everytime unless his wheel falls off or his engine packs up. Just the way it is. Levels.
BerlinWaller

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:24 am

Beating Chelsea (as unlikely as it is) would probably cost Frank Lampard his job, which would really top the list managers losing their jobs after losing to Morecambe.
Little Shrimp

Postby Bare bum » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:44 am

Little Shrimp wrote:Beating Chelsea (as unlikely as it is) would probably cost Frank Lampard his job, which would really top the list managers losing their jobs after losing to Morecambe.

Less of this little old Morecambe narrative. I think it should be Derek who goes if we fail to beat a team in such disarray. They've lost 4 out of the last 6, damn it!
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:47 pm

Not saying we should win or that I'd expect us to, I'm saying 'we'd give them a game' in that, they would have to work a bit harder now than they did at the time.

In the same as it's called a 'giant killing' for a reason, there is equally a reason why that was Newcastle United's record victory in the League Cup (might be record away victory, not sure/don't care enough to check). Ordinarily, we'd expect something in between a thrashing and a giant killing. If we met the same team again now, I'd expect a more 'in between' outcome.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:13 pm

L2 Newport County gave it Tottenham Hotspur last year(or year before) in the FA Cup.
Andy D

Postby Freez » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:24 pm

Agree on that, it would be a different outcome now, perhaps we could keep 11 men on the pitch for a start!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:42 pm

Boris making a lockdown announcement tonight, wonder what "banning of outdoor team games" means?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:13 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Boris making a lockdown announcement tonight, wonder what "banning of outdoor team games" means?

Boris can be quoted in April saying he's in favour of getting Football back even if its behind closed doors on TV its good for people's Mental healths.

However Boris does talk pish
Andy D

Postby Screenster » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:50 pm

I'm led to believe that professional sport will carry on behind closed doors, frankly I see no reason why it shouldn't.
Screenster

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:21 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000r9m7

So is it only the second half of the game being shown on the BBC? Coverage starting at 2:30pm for an hour? Will it be on iFollow? Could it be our biggest game in 100 years, we won't even be able to watch the first half anywhere? Wonder if commentary will be on a BBC London site? Radio Lancs doesn't broadcast over the internet, so possibly can't even listen??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:35 am

Keith wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000r9m7

So is it only the second half of the game being shown on the BBC? Coverage starting at 2:30pm for an hour? Will it be on iFollow? Could it be our biggest game in 100 years, we won't even be able to watch the first half anywhere? Wonder if commentary will be on a BBC London site? Radio Lancs doesn't broadcast over the internet, so possibly can't even listen??? :cry: :cry: :cry:

BBC sport website says it’s on iPlayer from 13.30.

Sunday, 10 January 2021

Crawley Town v Leeds United (13:30 GMT) - Live on BBC One

Chelsea v Morecambe (13:30 GMT) - BBC Sport website/BBC iPlayer

I think I need 2 tellys :lol:
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:55 pm

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:

Sunday, 10 January 2021

Are you a Crawley fan too? I didn't know...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Keith wrote:
Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:

Sunday, 10 January 2021

Are you a Crawley fan too? I didn't know...

:lol: :lol:
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Freez » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:03 pm

Dirty Leeds! :cry:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby MfcChris » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Can watch the whole game on iplayer, or as I will be doing, watch the first half on iplayer and the second half on red button (which is easier and less chance of buffering as on tv and not through internet)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion