Chelsea

Chelsea

Postby redrobo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:31 pm

Not that far off now and I wonder what others like myself expect from the game.... :?: :?: :?:

Probably wishful thinking but a win would be incredible but a draw is not beyond reason.

For me it's more about how we are judged by the footballing public and to that end the performance and the way that we go about it is important. If we play hard but fair with a positive approach then I'll be delighted.

To show them too much respect could be our downfall. It all depends on what sort of a team they put out. If it's of fringe players keen to impress then no problem but if it's their usual team then they could wish to show boat and that could be their downfall because to change mind set during a game is difficult.

So for me as long as we put in a good performance that creates a good impression of our club and team then that is fine by me.

Obviously as win would be bloody incredible but a draw would and could be more than acceptable...and then it would be down to penalties which could go either way but just imagine Mark saving the last penalty to see us through. :lol: What a tremendous feeling for Mark after being left out for so long.... :!: :!: :!:

One can live in hope...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by redrobo on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Re: Chelsea

Postby al1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:22 pm

No draws,no replays this season,extra time then penalties to decide games.Referee will be Darren England with var in operation!
al1

Postby Andy D » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Will Chelsea respect the FA CUP?

if not and they just put out a team of "Rookies" then we could cause an upset.
Andy D

Postby Freez » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:57 pm

To be fair, with the squad they have, a full first team or the second eleven would be a tricky tie for most teams apart from the top half of the Prem. But with hitting a sticky patch and some changes expected for tonight’s home game with Villa, it could be a mixture of both.
The one thing that can trouble most teams is pace, Hudson-Odoi, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech have it to burn, but currently only Pulisic is firing, so reckon it could be Giroud up top, which would suit us more.
But as long as we defend well and put a shift in, keep our passing crisp, and have a go, anything else is a bonus for me.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:30 pm

Just hope they are happy to play us in less than 2 weeks time
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ahw01 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:56 pm

ahw01

Postby Freez » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:19 pm

Paper talk, total tripe, filling column inches with bull. :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Freez wrote:Paper talk, total tripe, filling column inches with bull. :D
I agree. Tuchel was supposed to be lined up to replace Arteta last week! :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:42 pm

marky No.1 wrote:https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-boss-lampard-ready-to-go-with-kids-for-morecambe-fa-cup-tie-4353415

Show us and the FA Cup some respect Chelsea.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby Andy D » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:01 pm

redrobo wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chelsea-boss-lampard-ready-to-go-with-kids-for-morecambe-fa-cup-tie-4353415

Show us and the FA Cup some respect Chelsea.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hopefully they will be of the same standard as the Man Utd under 23 side we recently "Stuffed" 8-)
Andy D

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:44 pm

Apparantly Lampard wants to assess the strength of the under 23 squad before deciding where or if any go out on loan in the January transfer window! I'm sure the kids will want to impress him. I just wonder if they noticed we had a good result against Man Utd's under 23's recently. :)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Caton83 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:18 pm

Heard Port Vale sniffing around Halstead again, from one of my PV pals
Caton83

Postby Bare bum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:21 pm

29-1 on a Morecambe win on Betfair! ;)
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby redrobo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:01 pm

Caton83 wrote:Heard Port Vale sniffing around Halstead again, from one of my PV pals

They might be sniffing again but can't see any deal in this transfer window and especially before any Chelsea U23 game.

However if they came in with an incredible offer of £150K minimum then we might be tempted post the FA Cup clash....bit I for one would be more than happy for Mark to see out his current contract with us taking up any option that may be in his contract.

Mark will be a free agent in the summer so any move is more likely to happen then. It all depends on how he feels at the time and whether he feels he has the complete backing of DA.
redrobo

Postby Born again Bill » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:43 pm

Certainly looks like they need a new goal stopper !
Born again Bill

Postby Freez » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:52 pm

If the rumours are to be believed , possibly two under 23’s could be given their debuts, plus Tino Anjorin who has played three games in Europe for Chelsea, (who looks pretty good tbf), so starting with 8 from the first team squad is hardly not taking it seriously?
Liverpool did pretty well last season and the season before using their young players in the FA Cup games, even had a few fans on Facecloth bragging that their under 23’s would beat most teams in the Premier League at the time!
Horses for courses, let’s hope we get back in our groove after 10 days without training! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redrobo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 pm

https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-pa ... flyl8mq9tn

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/new ... morecambe/

Even if they pick 'as many Under 23s as possible' it'll still be a difficult call for our lads...but the FA Cup has a tendency to spring a surprise result or three on the day.... :lol:
redrobo

Postby Freez » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:00 pm

So possible line up
Kepa (Spain int.) or Cabellero (Argentina int.).

RB Lawrence (under 23) CB Rudiger (German int) or Tomori ( England Int) or Christenson (Danish int) 2 from 3, LB Emerson (Italian int) or Alonso (Spain int)
Bate (under 23) Gilmour ( Scotland under 21 int) Pulisic ( US int)

Ziyech (Moroccan int) Giroud( France int.) Anjorin ( England under 18 int)

Based on those that have appeared only in single figures this season so far, so everyone is playing for a place. That’s leaving Callum Hudson Odoi ( England int) out of the starting line up, even though he has started only 7 games.

Guessing but that’s not a bad side!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:31 pm

To be honest, I don't care what side Chelsea put out. It is up to us to play whoever they choose. If they get it wrong and put out too weak a side, and we win, fantastic, we're in the fourth round, happy days. If they put out their entire first team out and thrash us, so be it.

I'm just sad that our biggest game in 100 years, won't have any fans there.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Freez wrote:So possible line up
Kepa (Spain int.) or Cabellero (Argentina int.).

RB Lawrence (under 23) CB Rudiger (German int) or Tomori ( England Int) or Christenson (Danish int) 2 from 3, LB Emerson (Italian int) or Alonso (Spain int)
Bate (under 23) Gilmour ( Scotland under 21 int) Pulisic ( US int)

Ziyech (Moroccan int) Giroud( France int.) Anjorin ( England under 18 int)

Based on those that have appeared only in single figures this season so far, so everyone is playing for a place. That’s leaving Callum Hudson Odoi ( England int) out of the starting line up, even though he has started only 7 games.

Guessing but that’s not a bad side!

Have to agree whatever team they put out it's not a bad side. Wonder if Man Utd thought that prior to our game but felt different afterwards. Big difference in both cups though. It will depend on how the foreign players adapt to playing 'the mans game'....as opposed to Development or non contact reserve games.

Hope you enjoy your day....you lucky s*d.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:48 pm

Caton83 wrote:Heard Port Vale sniffing around Halstead again, from one of my PV pals

Not surprised. They’ve never got over his performance against them a couple of seasons ago.

Keith wrote:To be honest, I don't care what side Chelsea put out. It is up to us to play whoever they choose. If they get it wrong and put out too weak a side, and we win, fantastic, we're in the fourth round, happy days. If they put out their entire first team out and thrash us, so be it.

I'm just sad that our biggest game in 100 years, won't have any fans there.

+1
Slanester

Postby Freez » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:52 pm

I don’t care what side Chelsea put out either, I was just making the point that even playing three under 21’s, they are still taking it seriously as the above line up suggests, with masses of experience and international caps to play with.
However, if they all think it will be doddle and take us for granted, we are different beast to the one that capitulated against the Toon in September! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Castaway » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:01 am

When are we due to resume training, Freez?
Castaway

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:48 pm

I just hope some of our fans have regained some perspective after the Newcastle game. Some of those comments haven't aged very well. Chelski's kids will be on tens of thousands of per week, probably played for every age group internationally and trained at state of the art facilities since they were 6 or 7.

The money gained from this cup run is vital and the saddest thing is that we can not share it with the team. We should be so proud of their efforts and if we get tonked 15-0, so be it.
BerlinWaller

Next

Return to General Discussion