o/t European Super League

Re: o/t European Super League

Postby tim-sanchez » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm

Grimsby have started a kit amnesty: https://t.co/h3TsGZZXjU
tim-sanchez

Postby black morse » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:Grimsby have started a kit amnesty: https://t.co/h3TsGZZXjU

Guess they haven't sold many Grimsby shirts this season then ;)

No, seriously it sounds like a good idea.
black morse

Postby Freez » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm

:D How many other teams would get 85,000 at Wembley?
Well, there are two other in London I can think of!!
Arrogant twaddle from all 6 clubs and Gone Shrimping still thinking Spurs are bigger than they are!
It’s fun on here these days!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 pm

If the FA/Premiership had balls, they'd call their bluff and say 'okay, off you go'.

No promotion to/from the Super League/Premiership.
No FA Cup.
No League Cup.

Prisoners in your own gilded cage.

If it doesn't work out and you want to return to English football, you have to start in the National League.

That would give them something to consider, if it doesn't work out and place some element of doubt.

Sky/BT Sport would have to produce a separate package. The fans of the breakaway clubs would get it but would fans of the rest of football? Perhaps, but probably not. Would pubs pay for both packages or only one? If only one, would it be the Premiership package? No doubt the Asian & Middle East markets would lap it up and it would be extremely popular & lucrative, but I think that in a few years time it would be like living in England and choosing to support Rangers or Celtic.

With the Billy-Big-Bollocks teams out of the way, the rest of football can be on a fairer, more equitable footing. The top Premiership clubs stopped giving a monkey's about the fans decades ago. Let them go.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:Grimsby have started a kit amnesty: https://t.co/h3TsGZZXjU

Great idea. I'd love to see us do the same!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Niborian_Shrimp » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:20 pm

If they could kick the 6 out before Saturday so as to remove some of the stress I have regarding the Bolton game that would be grand.

Void relegation across the leagues, top 6 of each league goes up to fill in the gap.
We would be sitting very nicely.
Niborian_Shrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:52 pm

Freez wrote::D How many other teams would get 85,000 at Wembley?
Arrogant twaddle from all 6 clubs and Gone Shrimping still thinking Spurs are bigger than they are!

I don't think the other 2 would have 85k for a home game against Burnley , it's like watching paint dry , maybe not as entertaining as watching paint dry :lol: :lol:

Spurs are big , very big , and have the best football stadium in the world but are not successful in terms of trophies.

Another big club is Newcastle , huge in terms of support , and they haven't won a major honour since the 1960's.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Angler1 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Boot them out of Premier league , overpaid and crap anyway. Just promote 6 from championship and so on...
Angler1

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:27 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:

I don't think the other 2 would have 85k for a home game against Burnley , it's like watching paint dry , maybe not as entertaining as watching paint dry :lol: :lol:

Spurs are big , very big , and have the best football stadium in the world but are not successful in terms of trophies.

Another big club is Newcastle , huge in terms of support , and they haven't won a major honour since the 1960's.
Wasn't it the 1960's when Spurs last won the league championship?
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Freez » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:39 pm

Spurs are big, I agree.
Gone shrimping loves searching on the net to back up his argument.
This will show that Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all have larger support in the UK as of 2020.
As for abroad, it’s more of the same.
Sorry, don’t agree with the big 6, and it’s a daft argument about who is bigger, but let’s have it right!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:00 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

Wasn't it the 1960's when Spurs last won the league championship?

I did say Spurs weren't very successful ! It is possible to be a big club without winning much. Newcastle probably have more "local" support than most Premier League clubs. As as has been mentioned before when Manchester United lose they are crying in Taunton and Tokyo ! Manchester City are the club that has most support with Manchester.
Tottenham should have won the PL in the years Leicester and Chelsea won it recently but they bottled it. That is what supporting Tottenham has been like , beautiful football but not much silverware !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Freez » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:31 pm

And good for you supporting them through thick and thin, and not wanting them to follow the money, it’s the same here, as a youngster went everywhere watching Chelsea, hence my friendship with Glen as often we were both at home on the same Saturday and found ourselves on the same Euston train there and back.
Hate the money chasing, but loving the Shrimps even more as it’s my home town team and we never dreamed season like this could happen under Tommy Ferber, Micky Hoggarth and the like!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Talking of local support I think its going to be Liverpool fans that need to take the lead on this one.

Out of the 6 for me it's Liverpool that have the more hardcore support and where the club is part of the community.

I might be wrong but for me the fanbase of the other are probably from further a field or in Man City case people who have come to the party late.

I just cant see the other teams been as passionate when push comes to shove but I can see images of thousands of angry scousers marching down anfield rd.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:33 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I can see images of thousands of angry scousers marching down anfield rd.

But Liverpool FC's owners can't see Anfield Road from the USA. But they can see the franchise's bank account from their desks, so that's okay.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Screenster » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 pm

Florentino Perez (the Real Madrid President and the brainchild behind this) has been speaking to Spanish TV tonight.

One of the things he said is as follows:

"The attractive thing in football is playing between big clubs, the value for television increases and more income is generated. It's not just the rich who want the Super League, we're doing it to save football because it's at a critical moment.”

Just...where do you even begin to break down just how WRONG that is?
Screenster

Postby Alan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:56 pm

Keith wrote:If the FA/Premiership had balls, they'd call their bluff and say 'okay, off you go'.

No FA Cup.
No League Cup.

If it doesn't work out and you want to return to English football, you have to start in the National League.

That would give them something to consider, if it doesn't work out and place some element of doubt.

Agree fully with that Keith......tell them to leave at the end of this season..why wait !

A premier of 20 and 3 leagues of 22 leaving a bit more time for cup replays, let them back into lge 2
and they can make their way up the pyramid, giving all the clubs a few seasons to perhaps make some extra money. Hopefully it might then dawn on them what football is really about.

There is no way the FA/Premiership should offer them any incentive not to go. Call their possible bluff.
Alan

Postby ChrisC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:19 am

Maybe a good opportunity to persuade some disillusioned local Man Utd and Liverpool fans to support their local EFL teams! Especially one doing well at the moment!
ChrisC

Postby Angler1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:37 am

It's total greed , football at this level is unsustainable It's become too expensive. So this to me is just another pot of money so they can pay even bigger ludicrous wages.
Angler1

Postby jbc.shrimp » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:21 am

halfwayprawn wrote:Once these greedy clubs start playing all over the world, spare a thought for the supporters of these parasites who have followed and paid out good money and made the history to get right shafted by the likes of greedy owners .Get rid of the premiership and lets have the 72 EFL clubs plus the conference getting our own deal with a tv company
Yes it will be hard for some clubs, but lets get our own rules/regs and have the fans on the board with elections to a new Efl board.
Lets get back to fans football, even get the anglo italion cup back.

A little unfair to say 'just 72 clubs'. Let's not forget, there are clubs in the prem that are against this. Let's go more for, those that want to go, bye bye, make 4 fresh 'division's out of the remaining teams, and go with your suggestion of fans led BoD's. Get a fresh T.V. deal and see how that goes.
jbc.shrimp

Postby jbc.shrimp » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:22 am

Keith wrote:If the FA/Premiership had balls, they'd call their bluff and say 'okay, off you go'.

No FA Cup.
No League Cup.

Sky/BT Sport would have to produce a separate package. The fans of the breakaway clubs would get it but would fans of the rest of football? Perhaps, but probably not. Would pubs pay for both packages or only one? If only one, would it be the Premiership package? No doubt the Asian & Middle East markets would lap it up and it would be extremely popular & lucrative, but I think that in a few years time it would be like living in England and choosing to support Rangers or Celtic.

With the Billy-Big-Bollocks teams out of the way, the rest of football can be on a fairer, more equitable footing. The top Premiership clubs stopped giving a monkey's about the fans decades ago. Let them go.

+1.
jbc.shrimp

Postby tim-sanchez » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:10 am

Everton stand against it, and give us a shout-out in their statement as well: https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2111866/ ... -the-board
tim-sanchez

Postby black morse » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:24 am

tim-sanchez wrote:Everton stand against it, and give us a shout-out in their statement as well: https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2111866/ ... -the-board

Excellent statement by Everton.

Maybe the defecting fans from Liverpool will switch their support to Everton? :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby redrobo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:42 pm

It would appear that the majority of criticism is coming from those countries where clubs are reported to be in the process of forming this ludicrous league.

As football has a world stage there is a feeling in countries who only view teams scheduled to take part via TV and that the proposal opens up an entirely new offering for those prepared to line the pockets of the clubs owners by paying a match viewing fee of whatever is determined in the days and weeks to come.

The opposition to this new league is home grown in those countries involved NOT according to the mid day radio news from countries such as India and China where populations are huge who would have access to viewing some of the worlds leading players.

The Chairman of Real Madrid claimed that the move was to develop the game throughout the world but did accept that it was finance driven as clubs like his are loosing money. :roll:

Maybe if they and others particularly in this country refused to pay the absorbent wages they they currently pay players then the need for even extra finance would be significantly reduced.

I'm totally against this league BUT I can to some degree understand the desire of the world audience to be able to pay to view those participating clubs whatever the cost.

Maybe those who are prepared to drop their allegiance to the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool would support other more localised clubs such as our own beloved MFC.... :?: :D
redrobo

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:16 pm

redrobo wrote:It would appear that the majority of criticism is coming from those countries where clubs are reported to be in the process of forming this ludicrous league.

As football has a world stage there is a feeling in countries who only view teams scheduled to take part via TV and that the proposal opens up an entirely new offering for those prepared to line the pockets of the clubs owners by paying a match viewing fee of whatever is determined in the days and weeks to come.

The opposition to this new league is home grown in those countries involved NOT according to the mid day radio news from countries such as India and China where populations are huge who would have access to viewing some of the worlds leading players.

The Chairman of Real Madrid claimed that the move was to develop the game throughout the world but did accept that it was finance driven as clubs like his are loosing money. :roll:

Maybe if they and others particularly in this country refused to pay the absorbent wages they they currently pay players then the need for even extra finance would be significantly reduced.

I'm totally against this league BUT I can to some degree understand the desire of the world audience to be able to pay to view those participating clubs whatever the cost.

Maybe those who are prepared to drop their allegiance to the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool would support other more localised clubs such as our own beloved MFC.... :?: :D

Supporters of the clubs should, in the majority, be from the area the club is based. These should be the clubs' bread and butter, and the ones they should not be letting down but thinking about at all times. This shows that they don't give a flying you-know-what about the loyal supporters who turn up week in/week out, but would rather earn their money from people hundreds and thousands of miles away who never set foot in their stadium.

Let them go and good riddance.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Keith wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:I can see images of thousands of angry scousers marching down anfield rd.

But Liverpool FC's owners can't see Anfield Road from the USA. But they can see the franchise's bank account from their desks, so that's okay.

and they don't care about the scousers or if there are any fans in the stadium as long as there are people in Asia willing to pay to watch them on TV.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion