AJ Out Again

Re: AJ Out Again

Postby tim-sanchez » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:11 pm

CityShrimp wrote:Slew is the new Vadaine Oliver... gets more game time than he warrants and whilst we all want him to do well, he’s just not delivering the goods.

To be fair, before yesterday he'd played a total of 14 minutes in our 8 league matches so far. Fair enough to give him a chance given the injury crisis I think, it's clear he's not the solution now. I think he's getting about the game time his performances warrant! Just makes it all the more baffling to me that DA thought he deserved a new contract.

Agree with the rest of what you said.
tim-sanchez

Re: AJ Out Again

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:39 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:
CityShrimp wrote:Slew is the new Vadaine Oliver... gets more game time than he warrants and whilst we all want him to do well, he’s just not delivering the goods.

To be fair, before yesterday he'd played a total of 14 minutes in our 8 league matches so far. Fair enough to give him a chance given the injury crisis I think, it's clear he's not the solution now. I think he's getting about the game time his performances warrant! Just makes it all the more baffling to me that DA thought he deserved a new contract.

Agree with the rest of what you said.

I think he had a good first half, held the ball up well and flicked it on to the advancing midfielders many times. But the second half was poor from him. And ultimately, when you have just one lad up front, they have to be clinical and Slew just didn’t get into the positions.
RapidShrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion