Morecambe 0 Cambridge 5 LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Morecambe 0 Cambridge 5 LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Keith wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:Unless I'm missing something more recent (we've lost 5-1 at home to Doncaster and Yeovil respectively) our worst home league defeat for nearly 39 years.... 21/09/1981 Morecambe 0-9 Bangor City at Christie Park in front of 160 fans.

Oh you little ray of sunshine!

I was there too. :(

Ironic that in our centenary year, we're playing a top flight team in a competitive match for only the third time, and there will be less people there on Wednesday to see it live than watched the Morecambe v Bangor game.
After yesterday that might be a blessing! :(
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Re: Morecambe 0 Cambridge 5 LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Thought for the first 15 mins we were the better side and could well have taken the lead. Then they found a bit more of a foothold in the game getting it forward to Mullin a bit quicker, so things were relatively even until Hoolahan's goal. Then we just seemed to lose it completely, compounded by a couple more good strikes before HT. Just seemed our heads had completely gone. Not sure there's much to analyse in the second half.

Main concern obviously is how we just lost the plot so completely after Hoolahan's goal (best of the bunch). Great hit, not loads we could have done about it, but we just lost it completely from that point.

NKP was great against Cheltenham but struggled on Saturday and after the excellence of the Lavelle/Davis partnership on Tuesday, I'm really not sure why they didn't start together again. Think we were a bit unbalanced in midfield with CMG, Phillips, Wildig and Pringle. We lacked real coverage out wide that might be offered by Slew/O'Sullivan as CMG/Pringle do a lot of drifting about. That's fine, but there wasn't another player to cover wide and I think that made us quite easy to bypass.
Little Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion