Fans allowed back in for Saturday’s match.

Re: Fans allowed back in for Saturday’s match.

Postby KenH » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Not sure how "a handful" of stewards can keep people apart (social distancing), on the terraces nor turnstiles going in, nor the gates coming out, not to mention toilets etc.
KenH

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:29 pm

KenH wrote:Not sure how "a handful" of stewards can keep people apart (social distancing), on the terraces nor turnstiles going in, nor the gates coming out, not to mention toilets etc.

If they make it crystal clear on entry there's absolutely no excuse and I can't see any of the locals going against this, can you?
Doing what you're told should come second nature during times like these and that extends to mask protesters ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Isn't it crazy how we can't be trusted to conduct ourselves in a safe manner these days? We have to look for guidance in everything we do now and have totally lost the ability to think for ourselves. Crazy times.
BerlinWaller

Postby KenH » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:56 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Isn't it crazy how we can't be trusted to conduct ourselves in a safe manner these days? We have to look for guidance in everything we do now and have totally lost the ability to think for ourselves. Crazy times.

Trouble is that a minority don't!
KenH

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm

KenH wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Isn't it crazy how we can't be trusted to conduct ourselves in a safe manner these days? We have to look for guidance in everything we do now and have totally lost the ability to think for ourselves. Crazy times.

Trouble is that a minority don't!

If that were the case, the minority don't get in again until things are back to normal and there places offered to those who will.
They have the name and address of every single person that buys a ticket, once again it's not rocket science to put into practice
HALMA 1983

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm

Keith wrote:
Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:
KenH wrote: Really no point in letting 1,000 ST holders in who've already paid and not getting any other revenue.

Apart from from us season ticket holders getting what we’ve paid for of course ;)

Absolutely. That's the right thing to do.
But that isn't a financial 'boost' for the clubs, quite the opposite.

No it isn’t, the financial boost came from me purchasing 2 season tickets, it really won’t happen again if what KenH suggests happens.
I can pay for all the home games on iFollow for £230 whereas my season tickets cost £638.

I’m sure there’d be plenty of whinging if people who purchased shirts suddenly found they weren’t going to receive them as a financial boost to the club.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:32 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:It should have been very easy to do and would of passed off without a single problem I'm sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Your faith in humanity is fantastic!

You should become a Risk Assessor... "it'll be fine, no-one will do anything stupid" :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:53 pm

Keith wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:It should have been very easy to do and would of passed off without a single problem I'm sure.

You should become a Risk Assessor... "it'll be fine, no-one will do anything stupid" :roll:

You obviously see the club's fan's as disobedient or just plain fool's?
One things for sure, I'll bet 998 out of the 1000 wouldn't argue with a steward of the club, when asked to wear a face covering but that's ok I guess? :shock:
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:43 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
Keith wrote:

You obviously see the club's fan's as disobedient or just plain fool's?
One things for sure, I'll bet 998 out of the 1000 wouldn't argue with a steward of the club, when asked to wear a face covering but that's ok I guess? :shock:

I am guessing that the rules aren't 'this is what all clubs will need to do except for Morecambe because their fans are sensible'?

Yup. I'd agree, 998 out of the 1,000 would behave impeccably. The 2 out of 1,000 are the ones that need planning for.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby KenH » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Are hundreds of fans, many of whom have known each other for years, really going to adhere to keeping 2 metres apart in the queues and on the terraces? If anyone thinks they will, they're deluded I'm afraid. I can see SD being possible and easier to enforce in all seater stadiums where fans are placed 2m apart due to the seating booking system, but you're just not going to be able to enforce/police it on terraces, and certainly not with "a handful" of stewards.
KenH

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:40 pm

KenH wrote:Are hundreds of fans, many of whom have known each other for years, really going to adhere to keeping 2 metres apart in the queues and on the terraces? If anyone thinks they will, they're deluded I'm afraid. I can see SD being possible and easier to enforce in all seater stadiums where fans are placed 2m apart due to the seating booking system, but you're just not going to be able to enforce/police it on terraces, and certainly not with "a handful" of stewards.

I imagine it is easier to socially distance in the main stand but could all our season ticket holders be accommodated in there and how would it work for those that have paid more to sit down?
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:11 pm

KenH wrote:Are hundreds of fans, many of whom have known each other for years, really going to adhere to keeping 2 metres apart in the queues and on the terraces? If anyone thinks they will, they're deluded I'm afraid. I can see SD being possible and easier to enforce in all seater stadiums where fans are placed 2m apart due to the seating booking system, but you're just not going to be able to enforce/police it on terraces, and certainly not with "a handful" of stewards.

Let's all just stop living and give up,
Never known such defeatism, might as well chain up the doors forever and be done with it.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:55 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:Let's all just stop living and give up,
Never known such defeatism, might as well chain up the doors forever and be done with it.

It's the "stop living" bit that requires the control measures in the first place.

In Madrid, they are considering re-opening their 'Nightingale', temporary hospitals again as hospitals are being overwhelmed due to the rise in COVID-19. France is seeing a massive rise. The UK has always been about two weeks behind.

Everyone wants fans back.
Some people want it done safely.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:10 am

Keith wrote:

It's the "stop living" bit that requires the control measures in the first place.

In Madrid, they are considering re-opening their 'Nightingale', temporary hospitals again as hospitals are being overwhelmed due to the rise in COVID-19. France is seeing a massive rise. The UK has always been about two weeks behind.

Spot on Keith. If people actually adhere to the regulations, then we wouldn’t need to “chain up the doors forever” anyway. And the people who think like that and break the restrictions just put the lives of everyone else at risk.
RapidShrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:14 am

Keith wrote:

We're only living like this now because of foreign travel and the re-infection it causes, now it's yoyoing from one country to another, they should have closed all borders when it reached Italy.

If they make the mistake of closing down the full economy again, you'll be lucky if there's anyone or anything left to come back to
HALMA 1983

Postby redrobo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:25 am

For me the Government are doing the best they can reacting to an ever changing situation. I'm certainly no lover of Boris et al, but I can't see how anybody else would do things better and if the Government decide to impose even further restrictive measures then so be it and we ALL will have to abide by them no matter how they will affect our daily lives which have already seen a dramatic change to the norm.

To those who choose to ignore the instructions then they deserve whatever is coming to them in terms of financial penalties etc. After all is it really that critical that pubs and restaurants stay open longer than 10pm as an example in the greater scheme of things..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby JTW » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:40 am

I won't get involved in the debate about COVID, but I will say that no-one at the club is defeated by this latest twist. Frustrated and unclear as to what the authorities are going to do next, yes, but never, ever defeated.

The plan doesn't change, and the plan is to enable fans safely back into the stadium as soon as this is permitted, whilst encouraging everyone to get behind Derek and the Team via iFollow as long as it isn't.

Yes this is a kick in the teeth, but there's still football to enjoy and an exciting team to get 100% behind.

COYS.
JTW

Postby morecambegeek » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:35 pm

redrobo wrote:For me the Government are doing the best they can reacting to an ever changing situation. I'm certainly no lover of Boris et al, but I can't see how anybody else would do things better

It's the first time since the second world war that something has affected the whole world.

Can you really compare the UK with plenty of other countries that have been less affected and say Boris has done a good job? It is easier to pick the countries that have done worse than the UK, because there are so few.
morecambegeek

Postby AndyReifman » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:58 pm

morecambegeek wrote:Can you really compare the UK with plenty of other countries that have been less affected and say Boris has done a good job? It is easier to pick the countries that have done worse than the UK, because there are so few.

I might be able to go back to the office sometime in 2022 :(
AndyReifman

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:13 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
Can you really compare the UK with plenty of other countries that have been less affected and say Boris has done a good job? It is easier to pick the countries that have done worse than the UK, because there are so few.

It’s all Boris’s fault, nothing at all to do with the likes of the three households on our street holding a street barbecue in the middle of the lockdown, one of them a local businessman who provides sponsorship for Mfc.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Accrington are refunding 50% of this seasons season ticket.

https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/13 ... 97312?s=19
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:20 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Accrington are refunding 50% of this seasons season ticket.

https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/13 ... 97312?s=19

Won't be many offering that in these difficult times, although once the ball starts rolling some fans will be putting the pressure on some Clubs
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion