Fans allowed back in for Saturday’s match.

Re: Fans allowed back in for Saturday’s match.

Postby Slanester » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:02 pm

shrimperteer wrote:I don’t see the problem, it’s sounds like things were moving quickly and maybe things weren’t communicated correctly between all parties. It happens.
What I do know is that if the club had done nothing then there’d be no people attending on Saturday anyway, so I don’t have a problem with them putting us forward if there was even a slight chance of it happening.
If people’s biggest gripe is ‘they got my hopes up’ then that’s a level sensitivity I can’t really feel sorry for.

+1
Real world.
Slanester

Postby Andy D » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Slanester wrote:
shrimperteer wrote:I don’t see the problem, it’s sounds like things were moving quickly and maybe things weren’t communicated correctly between all parties. It happens.
What I do know is that if the club had done nothing then there’d be no people attending on Saturday anyway, so I don’t have a problem with them putting us forward if there was even a slight chance of it happening.
If people’s biggest gripe is ‘they got my hopes up’ then that’s a level sensitivity I can’t really feel sorry for.

+1
Real world.
same here.

I can honestly say i'm happy with the Owners and new Manager, everything is looking good on and off the pitch plus having Tyson Fury as our next door neighbour keeping a close eye ;)
Andy D

Postby MFC-Manc » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:25 pm

KenH wrote:
Freez wrote:Maybe somebody in the know has tipped The club off, all that work would have gone to waste as we would be back to no fans Saturday after all. Mmm. Bit strange!

No need for tip-offs. The published daily numbers of infections, hospitalisations and ICU bed occupancy in Lancashire (including Lancaster/RLI) have been growing for the past couple of weeks. It's no surprise at all that further restrictions were highly likely, and this weeks' figures make it inevitable. The only doubt is what kind of restrictions.

Please can you provide a link to the above
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby Bare bum » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:04 pm

Yes, fair comment. There's some strong opinion around here mostly based on speculation and assumption.

No need for tip-offs. The published daily numbers of infections, hospitalisations and ICU bed occupancy in Lancashire (including Lancaster/RLI) have been growing for the past couple of weeks. It's no surprise at all that further restrictions were highly likely, and this weeks' figures make it inevitable. The only doubt is what kind of restrictions.

Also Lancaster's current infection rate is 24 per 100,000 which is less than Blackpool at 38 per 100,000 and which has avoided further restrictions, so the current figures didn't make further restricions inevitable.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:34 pm

Something to do with a two tier council and the Illuminations being on. There will be no need for a National lockdown if they keep locking regions down. Biggest scam ever.
BerlinWaller

Postby halfwayprawn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 pm

I see Chris Witty walking down the prom today fetching his scam to Morecambe
halfwayprawn

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:33 am

The reason the club are anxious to get fans back into the ground is because of the income that we fans generate for the club.

Given the central role of fans to the success of the club you would imagine that communication with us would be an absolute priority. Yet in this, the roof etc. etc. we’re not.

Simple strategy for the club. Put your customers first and success will follow.

I know people like Charlie get this but others need to as well. If they don’t during this pandemic then they never will.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:45 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Something to do with a two tier council and the Illuminations being on. There will be no need for a National lockdown if they keep locking regions down. Biggest scam ever.

Blackpool is a single tier unitary authority. We’ve got two councils and on this decision, rather than look at our district council data they are looking at the County Council as a whole. As a result, we’re chucked in with Skelmersdale, Chorley and Colne as if we’re all the same. It is ridiculous and easily avoided but if you’re in London then distances and boundaries up North don’t mean much.

P.S. Under the Tories plan for Lancashire the existing County and District councils will be abolished. We’ll then be in a new council currently called “Greater Blackpool”, that includes Blackpool, Fleetwood, Lytham and err.. us. The great arguments over Lancaster and Morecambe and who screws who etc. will end because decisions will be made for us in Blackpool, where senior council jobs will move.

https://spineless.uk/county-council-ann ... existence/
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby KenH » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:33 am

Posh wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Something to do with a two tier council and the Illuminations being on. There will be no need for a National lockdown if they keep locking regions down. Biggest scam ever.

Blackpool is a single tier unitary authority. We’ve got two councils and on this decision, rather than look at our district council data they are looking at the County Council as a whole. As a result, we’re chucked in with Skelmersdale, Chorley and Colne as if we’re all the same. It is ridiculous and easily avoided but if you’re in London then distances and boundaries up North don’t mean much.

P.S. Under the Tories plan for Lancashire the existing County and District councils will be abolished. We’ll then be in a new council currently called “Greater Blackpool”, that includes Blackpool, Fleetwood, Lytham and err.. us. The great arguments over Lancaster and Morecambe and who screws who etc. will end because decisions will be made for us in Blackpool, where senior council jobs will move.

There is the alternative also being put forward of Lancaster/Morecambe joining in a Morecambe Bay authority including Kendal, Grange, and round to Barrow which makes a lot more sense.
KenH

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:56 pm

KenH wrote:
Posh wrote:

There is the alternative also being put forward of Lancaster/Morecambe joining in a Morecambe Bay authority including Kendal, Grange, and round to Barrow which makes a lot more sense.

I agree. Same footprint as the Morecambe Bay NHS Trust and lots of other positives. However, government are refusing to accept cross border mergers and claiming population isn’t big enough. Seems to be a highly political carve up.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Im glad we arent there

Haha, Glen, Ive got us at 66/1 , lol
Last edited by marky No.1 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:02 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Im glad we arent there

hahahahahahaha bloody killjoy
HALMA 1983

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:04 pm

better already
HALMA 1983

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:16 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:better already

Really?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:18 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:better already

Really?

it was for a millisecond :)
HALMA 1983

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:49 am

Good decision by the club not to get everything ready in time - they must've had a tip-off ;)
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:23 am

Everything seemed to go well at Blackpool yesterday according to reports.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:19 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Everything seemed to go well at Blackpool yesterday according to reports.

Carlisle also enjoyed the benefits of having their fans inside the ground, all went swimmingly as expected.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 am

Posh wrote:The reason the club are anxious to get fans back into the ground is because of the income that we fans generate for the club.

Until clubs get to a point where there are no restrictions, or at least 50%+ that's not the case. Letting 1,000 season ticket holders in, who've already paid anyway, will actually cost the clubs due to increased numbers of stewards etc. At the moment, were getting income for 500 away fans each iFollow game and will probably have a far bigger income on Wednesday than if the game was available for fans at the ground.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby KenH » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:06 am

Keith wrote:
Posh wrote:The reason the club are anxious to get fans back into the ground is because of the income that we fans generate for the club.

Until clubs get to a point where there are no restrictions, or at least 50%+ that's not the case. Letting 1,000 season ticket holders in, who've already paid anyway, will actually cost the clubs due to increased numbers of stewards etc. At the moment, were getting income for 500 away fans each iFollow game and will probably have a far bigger income on Wednesday than if the game was available for fans at the ground.

And the catering outlets need to be opened too. Not to mention the hospitality suite/boxes. Really no point in letting 1,000 ST holders in who've already paid and not getting any other revenue.
KenH

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 am

KenH wrote: Really no point in letting 1,000 ST holders in who've already paid and not getting any other revenue.

Apart from from us season ticket holders getting what we’ve paid for of course ;)
Last edited by Sakhalin Shrimp on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:14 am

Sakhalin Shrimp wrote:
KenH wrote: Really no point in letting 1,000 ST holders in who've already paid and not getting any other revenue.

Apart from from us season ticket holders getting what we’ve paid for of course ;)

Absolutely. That's the right thing to do.
But that isn't a financial 'boost' for the clubs, quite the opposite.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:24 pm

These Pilot games might not be a short term fix but obviously need to be done to get more fans in sooner. I can see why an owner would be keen to get fans in.
BerlinWaller

Postby Born again Bill » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:43 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:These Pilot games might not be a short term fix but obviously need to be done to get more fans in sooner. I can see why an owner would be keen to get fans in.

I guess the powers will want us back in ASAP before the season ticket holders amongst us start questioning what we have payed for ! .
Born again Bill

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:02 pm

KenH wrote:
Keith wrote:

And the catering outlets need to be opened too. Not to mention the hospitality suite/boxes. Really no point in letting 1,000 ST holders in who've already paid and not getting any other revenue.

Folk are going there purely to watch the game live, without any expectation of there being food on and without away fans, is there really any need for more than a handful of steward's in the whole stadium?
It should have been very easy to do and would of passed off without a single problem I'm sure.
HALMA 1983

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion