Fans allowed back in for Saturday’s match.

Fans allowed back in for Saturday’s match.

Postby Brucie Arnee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 pm

So presuming it’s season ticket holders plus 200 or 300 others. The good news is hopefully fans will also be allowed in for the Newcastle game. As a matter of interest how many season tickets were sold ?
Brucie Arnee

Re: Fans allowed back in for Saturday’s match.

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Where did this nugget of info come from :?: :?: :?: :?:

I've heard or seen nothing to suggest that this will happen although my son in law Whats Apped me this morning saying something similar.... :?

My understanding of the situation is that the club has to apply to become a 'test event' and assuming permission is given no more than 1000 fans can attend.

:? :? :?
Last edited by redrobo on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby Bare bum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:48 pm

A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Born again Bill » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:50 pm

It’s popped up on Facebook Neil but I’m sure Freez said it wasn’t going to happen this Saturday although a test game against Newcastle would be a good idea . The 12th man will come in handy
Born again Bill

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:55 pm

Well that's shut me up..... :o ;)

Superb, now all we need to know who will be allowed and what are the arrangements for crowd safety.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 pm

We urgently need the club to clarify what the plans are for Saturday - are supporters officially able to attend or not? Only yesterday evening it was stated that this Saturdays game would be behind closed doors - so either the EFL article is wrong (hope not), the club has changed direction on this (hope so), or the people relaying the information were not full informed (highly doubtful).

If fans are able to attend the test event - who can attend? During the Fans online Q&A with James Wakefield and Charlie Appleyard it was disclosed that initially at least, attendance would be limited to season ticket holders only (around 700) for the first few fixtures at least, building to a capacity of 1200. Is this still the case? To me if match-day protocols need to be tested, it would make sense to test your systems for general match day admission - because this is ultimately likely to form future operational match day activities.... and I say that as a season ticket holder that hopes to attend.

If season ticket holders (or some of them) are able to attend, what are the arrangements for attending games - the details that the club has been working on and make "War and Peace look like the giant caterpillar" as per Graham Howse statement yesterday have not been shared with spectators that I am aware of, other than some outline protocols revealed in the Q&A (no pies, refreshments etc.) but not much by way of specific detail.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Surely the club had been informed of this development prior to the announcements on BBC and Sky or did it come through this morning as a total surprise and therefore (quite understandably) the club haven't had time to digest the info and put in place all those plans that have been worked on over the last few months.

I can imagine that there is a lot of activity off the field at the club at the moment.

:)
redrobo

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:08 pm

Luton, one of the other selected games, has now been called off as a test event - they do not have enough time to prepare apparently. Their statement is completely pathetic. They applied to host a test event for this coming weekend yesterday afternoon, heard nothing yesterday evening so requested confirmation early this morning but again heard nothing. Because the EFL only got back to them this afternoon (presumably they were in a position to host this morning - 3 to 4 hours earlier) they now do not have enough time to go ahead with the test event and get everything in place. Its bullshit - they aren't ready, which is a shame because these test games are a pathway for fans of all clubs to start attending matches again ASAP. They've let everybody else down by applying in the first place.

Carlisle test event goes ahead, limited to 1k with 1.8k season ticket holders on the books..... tickets available at full price first come first served. Not sure how you can charge season ticket holders for something they have already paid for! Not sure that will go down well at any club.

If we have applied for a game, crowed to the government about how desperate and ready we are to get fans back into stadiums only yesterday, and then turn around and say we can't accommodate a game that we have applied for because we are not ready, it will look terrible IMO. But if we aren't ready, there is no way the game should take place because we could ultimately mess things up for all the other member clubs.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Bare bum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:11 pm

This is how Carlisle are doing it

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2 ... kend-game/

Though don't know why they are informing of ticket costs when it's season ticket holders only
Bare bum

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:44 pm

Bare bum wrote:This is how Carlisle are doing it

Though don't know why they are informing of ticket costs when it's season ticket holders only

As much as I hate CUFC I have to congratulate them on being quick off the mark with getting their info over to season ticket holders.

What I find interesting is that it would appear that Season Ticket holders have already been allocated their position in the ground either in the stands or on the terraces.

In some ways I understand their decision to charge entry but not at full price... :o

I would expect our club to do something similar even though it will not be a decision they take lightly.

Our club needs some revenue quickly and for that reason I would have no problem in paying some kind of entrance fee to watch DA's new team perform.
redrobo

Postby Bare bum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:52 pm

redrobo wrote:
Bare bum wrote:This is how Carlisle are doing it

As much as I hate CUFC I have to congratulate them on being quick off the mark with getting their info over to season ticket holders.

What I find interesting is that it would appear that Season Ticket holders have already been allocated their position in the ground either in the stands or on the terraces.

In some ways I understand their decision to charge entry but not at full price... :o

I would expect our club to do something similar even though it will not be a decision they take lightly.

Our club needs some revenue quickly and for that reason I would have no problem in paying some kind of entrance fee to watch DA's new team perform.

No, I misunderstood. Apparently they only sold season tickets from 22nd October onwards - 22 matches so they haven't paid already. I would have found that objectionable (unlike you)
Bare bum

Postby Bare bum » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:52 pm

Not that I'm saying I find you objectionable ;)
Bare bum

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:37 pm

marky No.1 wrote:https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2020/september/club-statement--pilot-game/

Disappointing.....BUT better to be safe than sorry.

A lot of work has been done by a small and dedicated team and there should be no criticism of their efforts.
redrobo

Postby Born again Bill » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Shame but necessary I guess. Might have been our one and only chance looking at the rising COVID figures :(
Born again Bill

Postby KenH » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 pm

Why did the club put themselves forward if they're not ready? Very poor for them not to be able to take part in the trial and brings us back to the old negativity "can't do" attitude.
KenH

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Although the notice was short from the EFL (who in turn, could only react on permission from the government), it was ultimately the Club that decided on Tuesday to apply for permission to have a crowd at the game on Saturday. If we were not in a position to do that, they shouldn't have applied - like presumably other Club's didn't given only three were listed in the end.

A bit of PR disaster today as a result.
Morecambe Jack

Postby tim-sanchez » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 pm

Surely the club told the EFL they wanted to apply, but only if they could satisfy certain conditions first? Otherwise this does feel a bit weird from us.

With Luton also pulling out, feels a bit rushed from the EFL. Sounds like they asked teams to apply, and as soon as a team said yes they put their name down without actually confirming if they could do it or checking what the club needed before participating.
tim-sanchez

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:26 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:Surely the club told the EFL they wanted to apply, but only if they could satisfy certain conditions first? Otherwise this does feel a bit weird from us.

The club applied for the opportunity to host a pilot game, and as is shown in the OWS statement, they haven’t even submitted the official documents for safety yet.

Not a good look for the club. Again. :evil:
RapidShrimp

Postby Heysham Shrimp 51 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:33 pm

Absolutely fed up with it all,if we had applied then surely we should have been in a position to facilitate the admission of fans,have been elated,excited,whatever, at the prospect of getting back to watch a game only for the rug to be pulled away,surely in such an open space we could have dealt with 1000 fans,evenat short notice......well pissed off
Heysham Shrimp 51

Postby Brucie Arnee » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Sadly a bit of a PR disaster, you can’t really spin it any other way. The club had the chance to accommodate fans and I realise it would have been a lot of work but the bottom line is they’re not. The really strange thing is that you can attend Lancaster City’s matches. Surely the Mazuma is better suited to deal with Covid than the Giant Axe.
Brucie Arnee

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:46 pm

Brucie Arnee wrote:Sadly a bit of a PR disaster, you can’t really spin it any other way. The club had the chance to accommodate fans and I realise it would have been a lot of work but the bottom line is they’re not. The really strange thing is that you can attend Lancaster City’s matches. Surely the Mazuma is better suited to deal with Covid than the Giant Axe.
don't you wash your hands on the way out from the axe? ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Questions should be asked of our owners who put us forward for a pilot game. :x :x :x

Fans hear nothing from either of them even for months prior to the departure of JB then out of the blue this...... :x :x :x

Sounds to me that despite all their promises about increasing communication something has gone wrong leading up to this debacle.

So much for those promises about increasing communication.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

As for Lancaster City I doubt that clubs at their level have had to undertake as much scrutiny by SAG as those in the EFL and above.
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Macclesfield!!!!
Slanester

Postby Freez » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:54 pm

For once, Redrobo, I reckon you’re dead on the nail there, it smacks of lack of communication to me.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Next

Return to General Discussion