O/T Penalty charge scam

O/T Penalty charge scam

Postby redrobo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:26 am

Got a fixed penalty charge claim by email for entering a payment zone without paying the fee. Be warned that this is yet another scam claiming payment by card for £25.

Any claim for payment would have been sent by post NOT email.

Suggest that if you have elderly relations then make them aware of this new scam.

My mother in law got a 'message' from someone claiming to be from Amazon last week suggesting that she owed them £50. She was totally unaware that such scams existed but had the foresight to ring us to check it out. It caused her a lot of concern and worry that at 94 she doesn't need BUT there will be those of a similar age who will pay out....just hope that it's nobodies elderly relation of a fellow SVer.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
redrobo

Re: O/T Penalty charge scam

Postby black morse » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:31 am

redrobo wrote:Got a fixed penalty charge claim by email for entering a payment zone without paying the fee. Be warned that this is yet another scam claiming payment by card for £25.

Any claim for payment would have been sent by post NOT email.

Suggest that if you have elderly relations then make them aware of this new scam.

My mother in law got a 'message' from someone claiming to be from Amazon last week suggesting that she owed them £50. She was totally unaware that such scams existed but had the foresight to ring us to check it out. It caused her a lot of concern and worry that at 94 she doesn't need BUT there will be those of a similar age who will pay out....just hope that it's nobodies elderly relation of a fellow SVer.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks RR, always useful to know.
black morse

Postby Born again Bill » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:09 pm

Within the last week I have had scam calls from Amazon , the inland revenue and the accident I haven’t had yet . Problem is I’m sure a lot of these callers actually believe they are Doing a genuine service :roll:
Born again Bill

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:56 pm

Born again Bill wrote:Within the last week I have had scam calls from Amazon , the inland revenue and the accident I haven’t had yet . Problem is I’m sure a lot of these callers actually believe they are Doing a genuine service :roll:
Be careful crossing the road, your Amazon delivery (by a part time HMRC worker) might not see you! :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby redrobo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:51 am

Born again Bill wrote:Within the last week I have had scam calls from Amazon , the inland revenue and the accident I haven’t had yet . Problem is I’m sure a lot of these callers actually believe they are Doing a genuine service :roll:

Amazon, BT, TV licence, Inland revenue and now Penalty charge.....all in the last couple of weeks. Mostly via the phone but a couple by email.

It's getting ridiculous but there appears little the authorities can or will do about it.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Return to General Discussion