I follow

I follow

Postby glagys » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:28 pm

Well I was gonna defend/ suggest that ifollow use the £10 watch a permanent feature, but looking back on past messages it seems they are not geared up for it
A few times last season I couldn’t finish early enough to start the long away trip,
but would have paid £10 to watch the game, but really unsure now, couldn’t do it today as I was out
Maybe not worth buying Tuesday and rely on radio Stanley
glagys

Re: I follow

Postby Freez » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Sorry to hear that you are deciding not to give it a go, lots of problems with people not being prepared, expecting to get on with ten mins to spare, some bandwidth issues as it does eat it up, but I have to say there were lots of very pleased listeners/watchers on Saturday, but as we know, poor reviews travel farther and many happy people don’t mention it.
But each to their own.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Shrimp Girl » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 pm

It was fine for us, having now watched three iFollow games it's clear that the picture and sound quality is going to vary from club to club according to their set-up. Cheltenham was much better than Grimsby. Our main issue was with the snack-related banter - is this going to go on all season? :D
Shrimp Girl

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:13 pm

glagys wrote:Well I was gonna defend/ suggest that ifollow use the £10 watch a permanent feature, but looking back on past messages it seems they are not geared up for it
A few times last season I couldn’t finish early enough to start the long away trip,
but would have paid £10 to watch the game, but really unsure now, couldn’t do it today as I was out
Maybe not worth buying Tuesday and rely on radio Stanley

I’m surprised that you’ve seen a lot of negative comments, I for one feel that my experience has been almost 100% positive and much better than just listening on the radio.

I used it last season (and maybe the season before if it was around back then) for the Tuesday aways and I was never disappointed. The first 3 games this season were all well-broadcast and organised, not had any problems with payment or struggling to watch the game etc. Before this season, I’d always buy the audio season pass and not recently had any major issues with that.

Obviously the Grimsby game was worse quality and the audio issue was a disappointment, but at least Lancs & Quinny were able to help out.

The quality for the last two games has been exceptional and the commentary has been loud & clear and up to its usual best! :D :lol:

For only £10 a game to watch it in my own home with my own refreshments and no petrol/transport costs (compared to a standard pre-covid matchday) it’s been well-worth the £30 and I urge anyone who can spare a tenner to give it a go on Tuesday night!
RapidShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:07 pm

Only done ifollow a couple of times a season when abroad and had issues here and there. Now we are basically dependent on it, i must say it has improved, other than the spinning wheel every now and again.
Quite a lifeline really to watch my team, roll on Tuesday, 6 of us gathered around a tablet , lol
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:25 am

I'm generally pretty positive about it. I was a little worried after the stream went dodgy when the Championship 19/20 season restarted in June, but that doesn't seem to have repeated itself this time around which is good.

Grimsby had a low quality picture and lacked the magic commentary cable which appears to be down to the club rather than any general iFollow issues. As has been said, very shoddy that Grimsby hadn't sorted themselves out properly.

Overall though, very much enjoyed and the streams from the Mazuma and Johnny Rocks were excellent, along with the commentary!
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 am

iFollow has been steadily improving in quality & stability over a few seasons. Some things would work better (or frustrations less) if they were made clear, for example, it won't work if you are running a VPN. I never do financial transactions without running a VPN, so all banking, on-line shopping etc is more secure. As a result, my VPN starts automatically (Nord VPN is reasonable cost and very reliable if anyone is wondering). Obviously, now, I remember to switch it off if I have an access issue but if people don't know about this, they could find it very frustrating! Also, if using a public wifi when abroad, in a bar for example, again, the bar may be running a VPN, so you can pay for the game, but then not actually see anything.

My only issue with iFollow is technical, in that there is anything up to a minute lag between 'real time' and the stream, so I have switched update notifications off on my phone! Nothing worse than an update telling me we've scored/conceded before I see it happen! :D :D :D I blame Freez.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Freez » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:43 pm

It’s a thorny issue Keith, as I have found out to my peril more than once. So I too switch off any notifications on my devices if I’m not at the game.
The lag can vary, some days it’s around 30 seconds, others it’s anything up to a minute but usually around 45 seconds.
As you know, the pictures are beamed to London, as is our Commentary, they are knitted together and then beamed out on the internet.
Last Saturday the lag was around 40 seconds, but that was 40 seconds to the US, Canada, Peru, Australia, Spain, and the Far East, as we had fans contacting us from all of those places plus the Isle of Man!! :D
So the further you are away, you still get it at the same time!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:43 pm

Freez wrote:It’s a thorny issue Keith, as I have found out to my peril more than once. So I too switch off any notifications on my devices if I’m not at the game.
The lag can vary, some days it’s around 30 seconds, others it’s anything up to a minute but usually around 45 seconds.

When England played Sweden in the World Cup, I was watching in a pub in Liverpool, close to the ferry terminal, so I could make a quick dash for the boat at full time. There was a big screen set up outside the pub next door. I didn't realise we were watching the BBC via the internet. When England scored from a corner, the crowd outside cheered a few moments before we saw the corner being taken... funnily enough, I had a strong suspicion we might score from that corner! 8-) :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm

Freez wrote:It’s a thorny issue Keith, as I have found out to my peril more than once. So I too switch off any notifications on my devices if I’m not at the game.
As you know, the pictures are beamed to London, as is our Commentary, they are knitted together and then beamed out on the internet.
Last Saturday the lag was around 40 seconds, but that was 40 seconds to the US, Canada, Peru, Australia, Spain, and the Far East, as we had fans contacting us from all of those places plus the Isle of Man!! :D
So the further you are away, you still get it at the same time!!

I pay £7 every 2 months to an outfit called [Edit] and they enable you to see all the football on Sky and BT. On a Saturday afternoon they cover all the Premier League games so I surf around looking for the best games. There is a time lag of about a minute or slightly more on what you see on the screen so I listen to the radio and I know when a goal is going to be scored and go to that match !
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Freez » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Haha, ahead of the goals but you know when it’s happening!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby glagys » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:39 pm

Well I’ve decided to give it a try, although I have only got my iPad to watch it on
COYS
glagys

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:41 pm

glagys wrote:Well I’ve decided to give it a try, although I have only got my iPad to watch it on
COYS

That’s all I watch on Gladys it’s not a problem , the quality is excellent although the commentary is a bit dodgy :lol: :lol: but you can’t have everything . Enjoy COYS
Born again Bill

Postby Freez » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Only a BIT dodgy????
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Born again Bill » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Freez wrote:Only a BIT dodgy????

Obviously , looking forward to another evening of Radio Bias :D
Born again Bill

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:57 pm

The key thing to remember is, out of £10 fee, the club get [I think] £8, so the majority of the money is going to the club!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby glagys » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Well slice of humble pie for me, bought the game great quality pic and sound , so all good
glagys

Return to General Discussion