iFollow problems

iFollow problems

Postby redrobo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:32 am

Is anybody else having problems accessing DA's post match interview?

I'm registered with iFollow but it doesn't allow me to access the interview saying that I have to pay a subscription to continue to view interviews etc.

No way am i going to pay when last season my registration allowed me to all interviews and match highlights FOC.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Re: iFollow problems

Postby Shrimp Girl » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:22 pm

I could watch it 'free' but then I paid a tenner to watch the game, so maybe the interview is a bonus feature?
If so, I expect these are iFollow's decisions not the club's. You will probably be able to see it in a couple of weeks time. The 'end of pre-season' player interviews that were behind the paywall are now free to view.

It is annoying though. Something as fundamental as a manager's post match interview should be available to all fans for nothing.
Shrimp Girl

Postby Freez » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Once all season ticket holders have been issued their password,due to happen before next Saturdays game v Cambridge at the Mazuma, I think it will be access all areas from what I’ve been told, for the duration of the game and the post match interviews. The rest of the time, we wait to see.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:25 pm

How is the IFollow revenue for tomorrow's game at Cheltenham allocated. I assume nothing for MFC just as if it was an attended game.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Freez » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Apparently, the home team and away team do split the revenue, from what I’ve asked and then ascertained, could be mistaken mind.
For instance, if we have 200 people log on and pay a tenner tomorrow and listen to the MFC commentary, IFollow can log this and the club will get 80% of that money, as with home games.
This applies up to 500 log ins, I believe, above that, it’s all goes to the home side.
Cup matches are different, I’ll try and find out more tomorrow.
I’ll also clarify that what I’m lead to believe is correct, and if not, hopefully correct it. :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:36 pm

One question that arose today was, is it possibly to watch the game on a smart tv big screen instead of a tablet or p.c monitor?
HALMA 1983

Postby Freez » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:52 pm

If you can access the club website on your smart tv, it should be do-able, but never tried tbf.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:10 pm

Freez wrote:If you can access the club website on your smart tv, it should be do-able, but never tried tbf.

I'll leave the technical stuff to our youngest son and I'm sure it'll be sorted without delay
i-follow will be bigger than Sky the way things are going :D
HALMA 1983

Postby shrimp in cyprus » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:08 pm

Have to say that I totally agree with Red Robo's initial post on this thread. I have found exactly as he has and feel that basically I have been kicked into touch and not allowed access to post match interviews and presumably match highlights also.

Oh well. If that's the attitude I will just not bother.

Enough issues with the Covid 19 pandemic without worrying about i-follow (whatever the **** that is!!!).

Good luck to all at MFC this season and all the supporters. Doubt that I will be making too many comments this season, but maybe just occasionally. (???)
The wine and the football seem better in the sunshine!!
shrimp in cyprus

Postby Freez » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:12 pm

It’s a bizarre situation, but apparently it’s not MFC’s decision, it’s the EFL’s. Pissing off viewers and listeners from the past ten years is a stupid thing to do to try and placate the new people, in my opinion.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby tim-sanchez » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:15 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:One question that arose today was, is it possibly to watch the game on a smart tv big screen instead of a tablet or p.c monitor?

If you buy an HDMI cable (should be super cheap from Amazon or anywhere else really, less than a tenner), then you can connect a laptop to any TV. Works fine for me.
tim-sanchez

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:37 am

tim-sanchez wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:One question that arose today was, is it possibly to watch the game on a smart tv big screen instead of a tablet or p.c monitor?

If you buy an HDMI cable (should be super cheap from Amazon or anywhere else really, less than a tenner), then you can connect a laptop to any TV. Works fine for me.

That was going to be my suggestion too. In previous years, it didn't work on a SMART-TV, but that may have been addressed now.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:33 pm

We'll find out today if it works or not?
Galaxy tab at the ready just incase ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby AndyReifman » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:51 pm

I wish they'd release an AndroidTV app, would make life a lot better.
AndyReifman

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:13 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:

Yes I know this because my close neighbour is linked to my Sky subscription and I set it up for them through an old laptop we no longer used, told them it would be much easier through an old x-box, what's one of them was the reply.
They're in their 70's bless em :lol:

I was hoping for a stand alone way for using i-follow but if we haven't advanced far enough for that as of yet, I'll go the same way as yourself ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Shrimp Girl » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:04 pm

Chromecast works wirelessly if you have it, that's what we are using. It's great having adult children who know stuff :D
Shrimp Girl

Postby Castaway » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:13 pm

What a shambles!

Paid for the match which correct me if I'm wrong is double the cost of last year?
Doesn't seem to work in Google Chrome so had to use a different browser. As a result, I had to put in my password again which it didn't recognise. I may have input it wrong, but i've not long reset it so i'm pretty sure it was correct. Anyhow, I try to reset password and the email doesn't get sent. How *kin frustrating.
Castaway

Postby Castaway » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:20 pm

Resolved now. They've had a season to sort out these niggles. Not good enough.
Castaway

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:27 pm

I was quite happily watching having paid, then the video went off, can only get sound now
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Castaway » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:02 pm

Paid for the match which correct me if I'm wrong is double the cost of last year?

I'll correct myself. The payment was in another currency (not my local currency) but the cost is sterling was £7 - an increase of £2 which is no issue. They need to iron out these technical issues. On a positive, the video quality is excellent.
Castaway

Postby Andy D » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:09 pm

streaming live football on iFollow is crap both on my ipad and LG TV, i can stream live football matches on beIN Sports and its way better, hardly any interruptions.
Andy D

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Couldn't do the Smart TV thing and the Galaxy wouldn't even get beyond a constantly buffering screen, although the audio was present, so went to plan c and the desktop

perfection both in 720p picture quality and the excitable commentary ;)
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion