Morecambe 1 [Lavelle] Rochdale 2 LIVE iFollow

Re: Morecambe 1 [Lavelle] Rochdale 0 LIVE iFollow

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:13 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Pretty sure James said at the Q&A that there is a cap on this, so dont get too excited

Bugger!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:16 pm

It's nice to have the luxury of 2 decent right backs and 2 decent right backs to choose from! As a Dane tonight is going well for me, Morecambe winning and Denmark aren't losing yet!
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Andy D » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:19 pm

like look of Harry Davis at corners, hopefully another David Artell and double figures this season ;)
Andy D

Postby Andy D » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:24 pm

the Pele Story was Brian Clough after a player were suffering concussion and the Physio told Brian Clough he was confused. ;)
Andy D

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Come on you REDS we need another goal NOW!
dannymorc1

Re: Morecambe 1 [Lavelle] Rochdale 1 LIVE iFollow

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:30 pm

1-1

It will be bizarre if the start to the 2020/21 season begins with two penalty shoot-outs in the first two games!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 [Lavelle] Rochdale 2 LIVE iFollow

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:35 pm

Be happy to get penalties now :cry: :cry: :cry:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby dannymorc1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:42 pm

A shame to lose after a good performance. Looks good for the season. COME ON YOU MORECAMBE REDS.
dannymorc1

Postby Crazeenick » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:42 pm

Oh well, we played OK at times. Created quite a few chances but wasted too many. But some promise there...
Crazeenick

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm

2 games in a row we have thrown away a lead hopefully derek will get them tightened up. Its like the ghost of seasons past lives on.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:50 pm

Sat back too much when we were 1-0 up in the second half. There were a few times when we played the ball backwards, keeping possession rather than getting in to the area. First half we were much better than second. In the second half, we created more decent chances after going 1-2 down than the previous 45 minutes! Glen said in the commentary, that we were "drawing them out", to me it looked like we were happy to run down the clock. Apparently, Derek's style is to win 1-0, so perhaps part of a learning curve?

Cooney had a couple of great positions at 1-2 but hit one wide and crossed/passed instead of shooting. Pity he didn't bury one!

More positives than negatives overall but I think we shot ourselves in the foot in the second half.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:55 pm

Ah, at least Denmark drew!
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:58 pm

Bristol Shrimp wrote:Ah, at least Denmark drew!
England didn't manage to bring home the bacon! :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:14 am

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
Bristol Shrimp wrote:Ah, at least Denmark drew!
England didn't manage to bring home the bacon! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not that we'd buy it nowadays.
HALMA 1983

Postby glagys » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:37 am

Just watched the highlights
We looked good created chances, with a bit more luck could’ve won
On the flip side do we need so many stewards in attendance? ? With no crowds to watch over ?
glagys

Postby Andy D » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:32 am

glagys wrote:Just watched the highlights
We looked good created chances, with a bit more luck could’ve won
On the flip side do we need so many stewards in attendance? ? With no crowds to watch over ?

i picked up on that with Stewards.

I suspect it will have been more of a dress rehearsal and chance practice new Covid-19 rules and regulations.
Andy D

Postby glagys » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:46 am

I suspect it will have been more of a dress rehearsal and chance practice new Covid-19 rules and regulations.

Not really dress rehearsal as most were sat down watching the game, which shouldn’t happen on match days
glagys

Postby KenH » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:40 am

Andy D wrote:i picked up on that with Stewards.

They'll need a hell of a lot more than that if there's any hope in maintaining social distancing in the standing areas.
KenH

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:52 am

Thought we were comfortably the better side for most of the match. Shame about the result but overall a pleasing performance - very encouraging to see we have good options all over the pitch.

Kenyon looked good again, both full backs had decent games, and Pringle brought some real quality. Thought he drifted in an out a bit - most likely due to lacking match fitness - but throughout still had flashes of quality. McAlinden had a decent game, maybe just lacked physically a bit but definitely seems a good option.

Also - Slew played great! When he got his confidence up after a couple of successful dribbles he really kicked on. Very much enjoyed him staring nonchalantly back up the touchline, hemmed in by a defender, then pulling off a quick swivel to get away. A goal would do him the world of good.

Also, who spotted CMG's little no-look-pass from the left wing? Lovely stuff.
Little Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:27 pm

Keith wrote:Sat back too much when we were 1-0 up in the second half. There were a few times when we played the ball backwards, keeping possession rather than getting in to the area. First half we were much better than second. In the second half, we created more decent chances after going 1-2 down than the previous 45 minutes! Glen said in the commentary, that we were "drawing them out", to me it looked like we were happy to run down the clock. Apparently, Derek's style is to win 1-0, so perhaps part of a learning curve?

Cooney had a couple of great positions at 1-2 but hit one wide and crossed/passed instead of shooting. Pity he didn't bury one!

More positives than negatives overall but I think we shot ourselves in the foot in the second half.

Sat back too much? Running down the clock? You loved all that stuff last season but now you are against it? 21 shots at goal in 90 minutes and DA is playing for a 1-0 win? We used to get 21 shots in five games if we were lucky.
BerlinWaller

Postby parceldave » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:58 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:Sat back too much when we were 1-0 up in the second half. There were a few times when we played the ball backwards, keeping possession rather than getting in to the area. First half we were much better than second. In the second half, we created more decent chances after going 1-2 down than the previous 45 minutes! Glen said in the commentary, that we were "drawing them out", to me it looked like we were happy to run down the clock. Apparently, Derek's style is to win 1-0, so perhaps part of a learning curve?

Sat back too much? Running down the clock? You loved all that stuff last season but now you are against it? 21 shots at goal in 90 minutes and DA is playing for a 1-0 win? We used to get 21 shots in five games if we were lucky.

21 shots and only 1 goal proves we are definitely not clinical enough , same as Saturday really with some very good build up play but lacklustre finishing with the goalie not really being tested :( . Early days yet but i don't think we will get as many chances in a league game and a 1 goal lead is no good to us. ;)
parceldave

Postby redrobo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:24 pm

Despite result it could serve the squad well that DA knows where problems lie and will be working hard as usual to put things right.
redrobo

Postby Keith » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 am

BerlinWaller wrote:

Oh good, my stalker is back.

How about you find anywhere, where I "loved all that stuff last season"? Go on, off you toddle and find some evidence. We'll wait.

I also wrote in this thread:

Keith wrote:Looking good at the moment. Weather looks grim though!

And...

Keith wrote:Playing well at the moment, with lots of nice passing & moving. Slew was a bit anonymous on Saturday and rightly substituted but playing well tonight. After he'd skinned their lad a couple of times, he started to look more confident. A couple of runs inside and shot and went past their lad, only to be brought down on the edge of the penalty area. It would be good to see him get an early goal.

...but you skipped past those comments.

21 shots at goal.
4 shots on target.

Their keeper made one good save that I can recall.

There were lots of positives in the game. In the first half we were comfortably on top. Start of the second half we had a few occasions where we were in decent positions, but ended up playing a series of 'keep ball' passes all the way back to the half way line. Perhaps with Cole playing, we'd see those moves result in a cross more often? We didn't deserve to lose, but failed to kill the opposition off when we were on top. I'm not too fussed because it is a Paint-Pot Trophy game, but we need to see more when the League begins.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:04 pm

parceldave wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:

21 shots and only 1 goal proves we are definitely not clinical enough , same as Saturday really with some very good build up play but lacklustre finishing with the goalie not really being tested :( . Early days yet but i don't think we will get as many chances in a league game and a 1 goal lead is no good to us. ;)

Totally agree that it isn't the best shot to goal ratio but it is a huge improvement in terms of attacking mentality Dave. We used to have 21 pass backs every game but now we are attacking teams and getting shots in on goal. The goals will come as will much improvement on the pitch.

Who could do a better job Keith? In fact, who on earth would want the Morecambe job?
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:48 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Who could do a better job Keith? In fact, who on earth would want the Morecambe job?

Where have I said that I don't want Derek Adams as manager? Where have I even slightly hinted at that?

Did you watch the game?
Did you see a number of occasions where we were close to Rochdale's penalty area, but then after a series of passes, we were back on the half way line?
Did you hear Glen Cooper saying "I think we're trying to draw them out"?
Did you see us have four shots on target?
Do you agree that was one goal, one good save and two weak shots straight at the goalkeeper?

Are you saying that I'm not allowed to comment on a game now?

To avoid you getting confused again, and resorting to 'making stuff up'...

1. I've never been a fan of 'keep ball' to control a one goal lead. At our standard of football, it is a dangerous thing to do as mistakes happen that can let a team back in. We're not George Graham's Arsenal!

2. The above was true under Jim Harvey, Sammy McIllroy & Jim Bentley too. In fact, I've previously said that I think Jim Harvey's decision to change from a 'you score two, we'll score three' to 'good teams win one-nil' that led to his downfall, because we actually went to 'we'll score one and you still score two'!

3. I think we played well on Tuesday, in the first half in particular. We deserved something from the game but we need to be more clinical going forwards.

4. I'm 100% supporting Derek Adams.

5. I think we will probably have a good season, finishing just inside the top half, although that is a pretty random guess due to COVID-19 making the world a very weird place at the moment, so difficult to try and second guess what is happening elsewhere. I don't even know when the transfer window opens & closes this season! I also think that due to the way the club is now being run off-field, we're in a much stronger position than most lower Football League clubs, so we may well be in a strong position to sign good quality players later, if needed.

6. I also think that Jordan Slew is going to have a great season once he gets his confidence up. After he beat his marker on Tuesday, he looked to grow in stature and he's got a turn of pace too. He cut inside nicely a couple of times, and while the end product was missing still, there's enough there to think he'll do well, especially if he can get a goal early on.

Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion