O/T Wales and Covid

O/T Wales and Covid

Postby redrobo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Spending a week in the Caenarfon area and did a visit to Lidl in Conwy on the way here.

Was surprised to see that very few people wore face masks in the store but evidently it is not compulsory in Wales to do so.

Just another growing example of how countries on England's borders differ.

:o :o :o
redrobo

Re: O/T Wales and Covid

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:31 pm

Edit: second thoughts, I don't give a damn ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:40 pm

redrobo wrote:Spending a week in the Caenarfon area and did a visit to Lidl in Conwy on the way here.

Was surprised to see that very few people wore face masks in the store but evidently it is not compulsory in Wales to do so.

Just another growing example of how countries on England's borders differ.

:o :o :o
Were the sheep wearing them?
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:25 pm

redrobo wrote:Just another growing example of how countries on England's borders differ.

Isle of Man 110 days COVID-19 free*. No masks, no social distancing, no giving details when you go in to a pub. Everything normal, apart from no tourists allowed over here!

*Apparently the definition of 'COVID-19 free' is 'no community transmission'. We had our first positive test yesterday, but that was someone who had returned from the UK. They were mid-way through 14 days mandatory quarantine when tested. Because they were an imported case and had been in quarantine, it doesn't count. New Zealand only ever managed eight days without any COVID-19 cases at all, but over 100 days before they had community transmission.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:07 pm

Keith wrote:
redrobo wrote:Just another growing example of how countries on England's borders differ.

Isle of Man 110 days COVID-19 free*. No masks, no social distancing, no giving details when you go in to a pub. Everything normal, apart from no tourists allowed over here!

*Apparently the definition of 'COVID-19 free' is 'no community transmission'. We had our first positive test yesterday, but that was someone who had returned from the UK. They were mid-way through 14 days mandatory quarantine when tested. Because they were an imported case and had been in quarantine, it doesn't count. New Zealand only ever managed eight days without any COVID-19 cases at all, but over 100 days before they had community transmission.

That paradise of yours is way too exclusive, they could repatriate everyone to the mainland and get rid of all the prison's here by turning it into the new Devils island ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:37 pm

We went to south wales and were the only people in masks.

Apparently a supermarket is not an inclosed area and supermarkets were doing a good job monitoring 2 meters. They might have been at the start but not now.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Andy D » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:20 am

A new term being used "Granny Killers" down to attitudes of younger people "Oh Well, it only really kills OAPs"
Andy D

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:00 pm

Isle of Man woman jailed having got off the ferry and filled up with fuel on the way home to quarantine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe ... n-54266517
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:57 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Isle of Man woman jailed having got off the ferry and filled up with fuel on the way home to quarantine

The bizarre part of this story is, fuel here is about 10p per litre more expensive than it is over there! Everyone with half a brain goes across with enough petrol fumes left to get from the ferry to ASDA, then on return, is full to the brim! Not sure what level of dumb you need to be to arrive on the Island before 6am without enough fuel to get you home, then resist arrest when you get a knock on the door!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Andy D » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Keith wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Isle of Man woman jailed having got off the ferry and filled up with fuel on the way home to quarantine

The bizarre part of this story is, fuel here is about 10p per litre more expensive than it is over there! Everyone with half a brain goes across with enough petrol fumes left to get from the ferry to ASDA, then on return, is full to the brim! Not sure what level of dumb you need to be to arrive on the Island before 6am without enough fuel to get you home, then resist arrest when you get a knock on the door!

they still have mental laws in the IOM, i know it was only recent they tolerated or slackened laws on homosexuality.

they have Laws written like where you can still kill somebody with a bow n arrow if they kill or steal livestock on private Land :lol:
Andy D

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:56 am

Andy D wrote:
Keith wrote:

they still have mental laws in the IOM, i know it was only recent they tolerated or slackened laws on homosexuality.

they have Laws written like where you can still kill somebody with a bow n arrow if they kill or steal livestock on private Land :lol:
Where can you buy a bow and arrows? ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 am

Find yourself a nice yew for a bow and sharpen some flint for your arrows.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:44 am

Andy D wrote:they still have mental laws in the IOM, i know it was only recent they tolerated or slackened laws on homosexuality.

'Sadly', the killing of a Scotsman on a beach, on a Sunday, if he was wearing a kilt was always a myth.

Genuinely sadly, the dreadful treatment of homosexuals did indeed continue well in to the 1990's.

However, we're attempting to make up for it, as one of only about five countries that have had an openly homosexual leader (Chief Minister Alan Bell).

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:54 am

The others being Luxembourg, Belgium, Iceland, Ireland and Serbia I believe.
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:47 pm

Bristol Shrimp wrote:The others being Luxembourg, Belgium, Iceland, Ireland and Serbia I believe.

If you haven't Googled this, I'm impressed! I knew Iceland & Ireland.

Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion