More money in

Re: More money in

Postby jbc.shrimp » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 am

glagys wrote:Some teams have sleeve sponsors :!: :?:

I have mentioned this before comparing football to rugby league sponsorship. Somebody replied mentioning a rule concerning how much of the shirt can be covered. Apparently the sleeves can only be used for EFL, and shirt manufacturer.
jbc.shrimp

Postby RedRedWine » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 am

New official takeaway partner: Morecambe Eats!

MorecambeFC.com Sponsorship

Another tasty deal for the club.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby redrobo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:36 am

All the sponsorship to date has probably saved the club from financial ruin but it's the week to week outgoings with nothing coming in that could cause problems further into the season.

Anybody got an update on the Premierships financial help that I understand has run into problems due to the EFL not agreeing at the moment to the Premierships terms that they have applied to the loan.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby RedRedWine » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:19 pm

In the Q&A last night, Charlie commented that the club is fairing relatively well in the current circumstances, and a lot better than most other clubs - primarily because of a low cost base. They've been able to take advantage of the government support schemes which saw most employees placed on Furlough. There is a concern about starting the season with no guarantees fans won't be locked out at some point depending on external circumstances - because there's no assurances support will be forthcoming and the expectation is seemingly for owners to meet running costs.

Don't forget, the club makes more money from being in the football league than it does from gate receipts... Hence the importance of being an EFL member club. Presumably the club didn't have to return any of this membership money last season (despite not completing a full season), and has received some or all of funds for the season ahead.

I'm pretty sure Charlie said if not for COVID-19 the club would have made a profit last season, rather than a small manageable loss. Of so that's a big turnaround from reported annual losses of £250-500k a year for the last 10-15 years.

Make sure you attend the next meeting Neil, I think you'd get a lot of information out of them by hearing things first hand. It'd help add some basis to some of speculation ;)
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:32 pm

RedRedWine wrote:In the Q&A last night, Charlie commented that the club is fairing relatively well in the current circumstances, and a lot better than most other clubs - primarily because of a low cost base. They've been able to take advantage of the government support schemes which saw most employees placed on Furlough. There is a concern about starting the season with no guarantees fans won't be locked out at some point depending on external circumstances - because there's no assurances support will be forthcoming and the expectation is seemingly for owners to meet running costs.

Don't forget, the club makes more money from being in the football league than it does from gate receipts... Hence the importance of being an EFL member club. Presumably the club didn't have to return any of this membership money last season (despite not completing a full season), and has received some or all of funds for the season ahead.

I'm pretty sure Charlie said if not for COVID-19 the club would have made a profit last season, rather than a small manageable loss. Of so that's a big turnaround from reported annual losses of £250-500k a year for the last 10-15 years.

Make sure you attend the next meeting Neil, I think you'd get a lot of information out of them by hearing things first hand. It'd help add some basis to some of speculation ;)

Certainly the sponsorship of the Ground is going to increase the Football Club's revenue as I doubt they ever received any actual cash from Globe Construction at all. I would hazard a guess that the naming rights for "Globe" were done as a contra against their construction cost invoices in the first year. Also the Wright & Lord sponsorship money will probably be the first money received for sponsoring the main stand as I doubt if PMG was chipping into the pot for the honour of having his name on the stand.
Gone_Shrimping

Previous

Return to General Discussion