Friendly live on Facebook

Friendly live on Facebook

Postby Freez » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:50 pm

So thanks to lots of behind the scenes activity from Rod, Martin and Matt, tomorrow nights friendly v Workington from the Mazuma Stadium will be broadcast over Facebook live on the Morecambe FC Facebook page, starting at at 7.40pm.
Commentary and the usual texting services same as IFollow as it will be radio comms only, the club did try and organise to have live pictures but with Covid there are different areas of the ground and the radio is on one side and cameras on the other, and there is no way of connecting them as yet, sorry.
However, Morecambe FC reminds supporters that this is a behind closed doors friendly fixture and fans are asked not to congregate around the stadium. The stadium will be closed to the public from 12pm.
So if you don’t have a Facebook a account, now Is the time to get one!!
Morecambe FC Facebook page, 7.40pm Tuesday night, we go live with our only home friendly in pre-season.
Hopefully, get in touch on the night and let us know your thoughts.
Freez.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Re: Friendly live on Facebook

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:05 pm

Third time lucky! Good to hear that we have a game, and that there will be a way to listen/track what's happening on the field as we build towards a new season.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Freez » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:06 pm

And thanks for the comment Redrobo, I had to take it down as the club had to inform Workington that the game was to be broadcast, and had forgotten, all done now!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redrobo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:20 pm

Freez wrote:And thanks for the comment Redrobo, I had to take it down as the club had to inform Workington that the game was to be broadcast, and had forgotten, all done now!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ;)
redrobo

Postby RedRedWine » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:11 am

Only managed to catch 10-15 minutes either side of halt time, but the commentary went well I thought. Thank you to the club and Freez + Swidz for providing the commentary.

Slew ("looks to have lost 2 stone") and Toumani looking a lot sharper vs last season according to Dave, which is good to hear. No doubt Slew in particular will benefit from being in a full time setup once again.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Brucie Arnee » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:54 am

What I couldn’t understand is why wasn’t the camera facing the action ? Other clubs have shown their preseason friendlies ‘live’, if you’ve got the technology in place to show the commentators surely it was just a simple case of turning the camera the other way to face the pitch
Brucie Arnee

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 am

Brucie Arnee wrote:What I couldn’t understand is why wasn’t the camera facing the action ? Other clubs have shown their preseason friendlies ‘live’, if you’ve got the technology in place to show the commentators surely it was just a simple case of turning the camera the other way to face the pitch

I think Freez was broadcasting from an iPad, which probably wouldn't have been much good for covering the action properly had it been faced towards the pitch. Was mentioned Matt was operating a camera so we should have highlights hopefully.
Little Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:10 am

Unable to attend due to a family 'do'...

How did the new boys go on; in particular Pringle and Mcalinden and 'old' boy Slew who I expect to do well for us this coming season.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Brucie Arnee wrote:What I couldn’t understand is why wasn’t the camera facing the action ? Other clubs have shown their preseason friendlies ‘live’, if you’ve got the technology in place to show the commentators surely it was just a simple case of turning the camera the other way to face the pitch

Freez and/or Mark said that the club had instructed them to not show the action and that they themselves had to “beg” to be let into the ground when they heard the news of a friendly :lol: :roll: (not sure whether it was sarcasm or not :lol: )

As you say, no idea why our club has to do things differently to every other club in the EFL & below who are showing their friendlies live but whatever, I’m sure there’s a good reason behind it - things could be much worse!

And for the record, the commentary was fantastic and it was actually quite nice to see your faces instead of just a blank screen! A shame we won’t be able to have any live coverage of the Everton u23 friendly at their training ground but maybe Fleetwood will broadcast the game at their place (all rumours) :?:
RapidShrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Highlights from last night :-

Watch straight away for a superb well worked goal.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2020/a ... orkington/
Gone_Shrimping

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Highlights from last night :-

Watch straight away for a superb well worked goal.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2020/a ... orkington/

Cheers for that, the lads look like they've trained extremely well, J.Slew being a prime example.
Moving the ball around well and a very happy dressing room going off N.K.P

All bodes well for another tough season.
HALMA 1983

Postby Freez » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:54 pm

The club has a very talented Digital Media man, Matt, who had secured all the necessary equipment to enable us to broadcast both live video and commentary on Facebook live last night but it didn’t happen for two reasons, wise ones I feel.
Firstly, the club had to check the protocols needed to allow us to firstly gain access and then broadcast. They were keen but needed to check what we and they needed to do. There were three areas of the ground last night, colour coded, red, amber and green. Amber was the Wright and Lord above ground, Green the changing rooms and refs room and kit room etc, red was the Berlin Wall. Access was allowed after a temperature test, questionnaire and wristband issued. This allowed us access to one area, amber.
If we were to broadcast live video and comms we would have had to do so from the red area, which meant going into two areas, which wasn’t allowed. Swids was commentating as well as his normal job, stadium announcer, which is a health and safety prerequisite despite no fans being allowed in, so we couldn’t be in two areas anyway as the press deck is where the announcers booth is. Hence we didn’t do video.
Secondly, Facebook live is on the net, the Berlin Wall only has club wi-fi which is notoriously unreliable, so wisely the board decided after trialling, that broadcasting this game on Facebook live and risking it dropping out, buffering and generally ruining it for us all would quite likely put people off from subscribing to IFollow when the season starts.
This despite IFollow having professional cameramen who feed back the action to a studio in London who then feed it to the clubs IFollow account for fans to watch on their devices. So you can see the risks involved and why we didn’t go live other than comms.
A few asked why we didn’t turn the iPad round and let you see, again, we were asked not to do so, mainly as I couldn’t hold it up all game, it doesn’t fit on a tripod, no way of zooming in and out and there is no way of knowing what you are pointing it at, so it would have been as amateurish as our commentary!!
Hope this makes sense, we will be live from Blundell Park for our Carabao Cup game, I think that’s an all pay as it’s a cup game, hope you can all get together in bubbles and watch, text in and enjoy our start to the season? ;)
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:09 pm

Your commentary was top class yesterday and always is. Can't wait for the season to start now will definitely be tuning in for the Grimsby match. Normally I'm away working and just about catch 15 minutes or so on a terrible WiFi from a remote part of the world so looking forward to being able to watch from home on a reliable source. A personal favourite was when we beat MK Dons in horrific winds, I caught that game from Antarctica where the winds were probably a little bit worse but surprisingly good internet connection!
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby paschahound » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:59 am

Just watched the highlights...ok starting with the goal in the second half. But what a great video that was, with the behind the scenes section. Nathaniel Knight-Percival comes across as being such a lovely, articulate, genuine person. I really hope he does well for us this season. It would be superb if this 'behind the scenes' footage could become a regular occurrence for everyone enjoying the benefits of iFollow.
paschahound

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:15 am

Some lovely passing moves in that second half. Thought Mellor looked excellent in those clips, made some superb runs. Looks like it could be a hell of a battle for right back this season.

O'Sullivan, Wildig, Stockton, CMG and Slew all looking sharp in the bits of highlights we saw.

Agree that the behind the scenes stuff is excellent. The way it's done by Matt helps get across the real human side of the players which is really nice. I think it's something that really encourages the fans to get more behind the players.
Little Shrimp

Return to General Discussion