Man Utd away today

Man Utd away today

Postby redrobo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:18 pm

Any ideas of KO time and whether we will get updates throughout the friendly from Carrington... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Re: Man Utd away today

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Our first game in over 5 months and we’re yet to even hear any confirmation from the club about the friendly today? I’d like a bit more clarity over the game, whether or not we can see a stream/listen to commentary - if there’s no streams/commentary available (as expected), then we just need confirmation! I’d have personally liked our first game back after the long break to be a very exciting moment for the club (even if we can’t watch it/listen to it!) and all of us fans but it’s turning out to be a damp squib.
RapidShrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Update! - Charlie Appleyard has posted on twitter that there’ll be no commentary/stream for the game available, but he’s “awaiting confirmation” whether someone at the club will be able to tweet updates.

Considering I’ve seen masses of live-streams/commentary/detailed live Twitter updates from clubs at our level and below, am I wrong to expect a bit better? I don’t know!
RapidShrimp

Postby redrobo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:50 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:Update! - Charlie Appleyard has posted on twitter that there’ll be no commentary/stream for the game available, but he’s “awaiting confirmation” whether someone at the club will be able to tweet updates.

Considering I’ve seen masses of live-streams/commentary/detailed live Twitter updates from clubs at our level and below, am I wrong to expect a bit better? I don’t know!

With you all the way on the above BUT it may be our manager's preference to keep everything under wraps which is his right to do so. Same applies for videos of training sessions.... ;)
redrobo

Postby Freez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:17 pm

No staff/ press allowed in at Carrington today, not even club reps. Just team and physios etc, so hardly surprising little info.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:19 pm

There's a difference between matches at stadiums and matches at training grounds. Man Utd are probably desperate to keep their training ground as tightly locked down as possible, no room for a guy from Morecambe to live tweet it.
tim-sanchez

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Charlie has just confirmed there will be no updates. As much as Derek may be trying to keep the squad “under wraps (could prove to be a good plan!), we’ve surely got to announce other friendly games? We surely can’t start a season after just playing youth teams? Especially when Man Utd have announced the friendly on their own channels and are planning to upload the highlights. I understand why there’s no-one allowed to be there apart from club staff etc, but surely we’d at least acknowledge there’s a friendly rather than keeping everyone guessing? I guess not!

What none of us have mentioned yet, though, is that this silence could be Man Utd’s doing :?: They themselves might want some sort of exclusivity with the game?
RapidShrimp

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:51 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:What none of us have mentioned yet, though, is that this silence could be Man Utd’s doing :?: They themselves might want some sort of exclusivity with the game?

You could be right. Salford and Swindon both played them, and neither mentioned it on the OWS or their twitter beforehand. Swindon posted one tweet about it after, Salford nothing. It does seem like this always meant to be a closed off friendly.

Could be lots of reasons for that as well, could be seen as much more of a training match for both teams rather than a "proper" friendly.
tim-sanchez

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:31 pm

marky No.1 wrote:1.1

Carlos with the goal apparently
RapidShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Im sure clubs have many behind closed door training games with no press etc.

Was it last year we played wrexham at the Uni.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:25 pm

RapidShrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 pm

I’ve heard rumours that A-Jay, Cooney and Phillips didn’t play due to knocks/illness
RapidShrimp

Postby glagys » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:15 am

Don't know if big baz was there,he was shopping in Lancaster Saturday morning at about 11.00 ?
glagys

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 am

glagys wrote:Don't know if big baz was there,he was shopping in Lancaster Saturday morning at about 11.00 ?

It's only an hour away.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby redrobo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:13 pm

Excellent interview with DA post match :) ...just a pity we couldn't see Carlos's goal.... :(
redrobo

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:50 pm

redrobo wrote:Excellent interview with DA post match :) ...just a pity we couldn't see Carlos's goal.... :(

And just a pity that it’s not even 2 mins long and there’s no info about the game... Nice tone to the interview though
RapidShrimp

Return to General Discussion