Watching Matches

Re: Watching Matches

Postby paschahound » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:49 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:

Frustratingly on the international side, it looks there's only a season or international pass, with no option to buy individual match passes. Price seems to have gone up quite a bit though, used to be the equivalent of £5 a match or £110 for a season pass, now seems to be closer to £134 for a season pass (shows as $178), but when I go to purchase the price goes up to £160 ($213.60). Not sure if anyone else has abroad has these issues?

Thanks for posting Tim, I had been looking for the subscription details.

From where I am it's 140 UK pounds for a season or 20 pounds per month - It shows up in UK pounds not US dollars for me. So yes, 30 pounds more than last season, but maybe they are ensuring all clubs like Port Vale have enough terminals this season.

I tried to subscribe, but after logging in and clicking on the pay button it just came up with 'DUPLICATE_LICENCE'. I then saw that I still have an active account until 3rd September and It looks like it's auto renewal, so if you got the season pass last season, maybe check that.

By the way, I make it just 3 pounds a match (140/46), which is absolutely incredible value given you get the match feed live, expert partisan commentary with viewer interaction via Shrimpsvoices / texting, commentary for the FA and League Cups as well as video for the EFL trophy and all the other features of the iFollow site such as highlights.
paschahound

Postby Freez » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:20 am

Pascha, thanks for the positive feedback, as you say, around 3 quid a game as you get all the away games, Checkatrade and Carabao cup games as well as the home ones. We expect to be a lot more popular because of the Covid situation, initially at least! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby tim-sanchez » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:11 am

Totally agree Pascha, it's definitely worth it and I'd be more than happy to pay, I just don't want to end up paying the wrong price! Take a look at the screenshot here, video season pass on the right is $178, but then package cost is $213.60?

Probably best if I just contacted them directly, but I wanted to check if anyone else had the issue first.
tim-sanchez

Postby Bare bum » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:05 pm

A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby paschahound » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:44 pm

That's curious Tim, I wonder if a local tax is being added? Definitely best to ask iFollow.
paschahound

Postby tim-sanchez » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:14 am

paschahound wrote:That's curious Tim, I wonder if a local tax is being added? Definitely best to ask iFollow.

Yes, I think it is a sales tax actually as it's exactly 20%! I'm not sure why though, never experienced it anywhere else.
tim-sanchez

Postby redrobo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:37 am

Just spoken to Martin in the Club Shop about the 'free' iFollow match pass until fans are allowed back into the stadium.

Martin kindly confirmed that this special service was FREE to season ticket holders (in other words no need to pay any monies to iFollow) whilst fans are not allowed into the stadium.

To obtain this FREEBIE it's necessary to register with iFollow and in due course all those season ticket holders who have registered with iFollow will be issued with a pass that will enable them to gain access to the free service to watch coverage of home games until a percentage (yet to be determined) of fans are allowed back into the stadium.

My thanks to Martin for confirmation as to how access the FREEBIE which will be based on the information that our club has been given to date.

:D
Last edited by redrobo on Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby Andy D » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:47 pm

redrobo wrote:Just spoken to Martin in the Club Shop about the 'free' iFollow match pass until fans are allowed back into the stadium.

Martin kindly confirmed that this special service was FREE to season ticket holders (in other words no need to pay any monies to iFollow) whilst fans are not allowed into the stadium.

To obtain this FREEBIE it's necessary to register with iFollow and in due course all those season ticket holders who have registered with iFollow will be issued with a pass that will enable them to gain access to the free service to watch coverage of home games until a percentage (yet to be determined) of fans are allowed back into the stadium.

My thanks to Martin for confirmation as to how access to the FREEBIE will operate based on the information that our club has been given to date.

i assume we just login to our existing iFollow accounts and when asked for payment use a code instead?
Andy D

Postby redrobo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:41 pm

Andy D wrote:
redrobo wrote:Just spoken to Martin in the Club Shop about the 'free' iFollow match pass until fans are allowed back into the stadium.

My thanks to Martin for confirmation as to how access to the FREEBIE will operate based on the information that our club has been given to date.

i assume we just login to our existing iFollow accounts and when asked for payment use a code instead?

Not sure. Better to contact the club as and when the FREEBIE is available.
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:45 am

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby glagys » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:17 pm

Great step by step guide for new followers on Facebook well done Martin and the club,
Just need to sort my email out now as I have been locked out all week :D
glagys

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:29 pm

All well and good if you're a social media buff but what about those who don't do social media?
Lincoln managed to use YouTube saturday and that would cover all bases as goes usability
HALMA 1983

Postby Freez » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:32 pm

That was a friendly, Lincoln will be the same as most of the rest of the EFL on Saturday and Broadcasting through IFollow, which is available through the club website, easy as YouTube TBF!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby tim-sanchez » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:19 pm

I've been using iFollow for a while and it's been great, if anyone is having issues let me know and I'll try to help.
tim-sanchez

Postby AndyReifman » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:05 pm

tim-sanchez wrote:Frustratingly on the international side, it looks there's only a season or international pass, with no option to buy individual match passes. Price seems to have gone up quite a bit though, used to be the equivalent of £5 a match or £110 for a season pass, now seems to be closer to £134 for a season pass (shows as $178), but when I go to purchase the price goes up to £160 ($213.60). Not sure if anyone else has abroad has these issues?

Yep, last year and in 2018 I paid $140 (got $26.60 back for last season) and this year it costs me $191.35. I was actually planning on asking Freez if the club got to see that extra $50 during the match tomorrow. I sure hope so.
AndyReifman

Postby Freez » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm

As I understand it, 80% of all subscriptions, so that is 80p in every pound spent goes to the parent club.
Also, some have said the cost increase is up five dollars a game abroad, which it is if you only count home games, however away matches are also live to watch or listen and the yearly subs do count towards that too, so only a couple of dollars a game more, essentially just over quid a game, so not bad really.
Usually texting in tomorrow, hopefully hear from many of you! ;)
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby dannymorc1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:25 pm

I am trying to book a match pass for the Grimsby game. I am being asked to enter a voucher code. Does anyone know where I get code from? I can’t see it mentioned anywhere.
dannymorc1

Postby al1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:28 pm

At least 70% of net revenue goes to clubs,according to ifollow website.
al1

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:11 pm

There isn't a voucher code for cup and away games
marky No.1

Postby dannymorc1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 pm

Thanks madly No 1, I have managed to book a match pass. Hope we can get a great result.
dannymorc1

Postby Scotty » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:52 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:All well and good if you're a social media buff but what about those who don't do social media?
Lincoln managed to use YouTube saturday and that would cover all bases as goes usability

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=64296 ... Aa8MctqtvD

I would suggest signing up now in readiness selecting the Free Basic Pass. Making sure you can at least log on in advance, it's less to do come that first match day.

Then as matches approach, season ticket holders should receive emails with vouchers that we can offset against the individual match passes. Or for away/cup games just pay the £10 fee per match.
Scotty

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:11 am

dannymorc1 wrote:Thanks madly No 1, I have managed to book a match pass. Hope we can get a great result.

Lol, cheers, coys
marky No.1

Postby Crazeenick » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:33 am

Paid for my match pass for the Grimsby game.

They haven't provided an access code or anything. Presumably when the match starts I will just be able to Logon to iFollow and watch the match and the system will somehow know that I have paid?
Crazeenick

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:24 am

Scotty wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:All well and good if you're a social media buff but what about those who don't do social media?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=64296 ... Aa8MctqtvD

I would suggest signing up now in readiness selecting the Free Basic Pass. Making sure you can at least log on in advance, it's less to do come that first match day.

Then as matches approach, season ticket holders should receive emails with vouchers that we can offset against the individual match passes. Or for away/cup games just pay the £10 fee per match.

I've always been signed up to i-follow and will pay the £10 quid today after a good friend called me tight for not doing so :lol:
Saying that, it'll be the first time I've paid for a cup game, League games away from home without question.
Looking forward to seeing the new structure of the squad and how much the extremely tough training regime benefits the team over the full 90 minutes
HALMA 1983

Postby Bare bum » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:06 pm

Ok, so we've paid for today and had email confirmation. First time I've done this so how do we actually watch the match?
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion