Watching Matches

Watching Matches

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:37 am

Couple of interesting updates I've seen over the past few days. First, Crawley Town have issued guidelines on hopeful returns to stadiums. They estimate 20% capacity for them - I'd hope we'd be able to offer more as I think we have a more modern stadium?

https://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/2020 ... n-of-fans/

Also seen that this story has just been broken by the Mail. Claims that Sky Sports have reached a deal with the EFL to allow clubs to stream matches on their sites until stadiums are able to fill back up to 50% capacity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... match.html
Little Shrimp

Re: Watching Matches

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:52 am

Sensible move by the EFL.
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby redrobo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:51 am

Carlisle United issued a letter to all its season ticket holders some weeks ago informing them of the restrictions to be put in place with regards to movement in their stadium due to the virus.

Maybe our club should do the same to keep fans up to date with the clubs plans of how to manage the problems ahead.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby morecambegeek » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:58 am

redrobo wrote:
Maybe our club should do the same to keep fans up to date with the clubs plans of how to manage the problems ahead.

Given there is no official guidance on capacities, or when spectators can return to stadia, what would you like the club to say?
morecambegeek

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:02 am

Being allowed to stream every match would be a great move, but I wonder how it will affect away attendances. I can't imagine many making the journey to Exeter on a Tuesday night in January if you can watch the game at home.
tim-sanchez

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:20 am

tim-sanchez wrote:Being allowed to stream every match would be a great move, but I wonder how it will affect away attendances. I can't imagine many making the journey to Exeter on a Tuesday night in January if you can watch the game at home.

Tuesday night games have always been streamed live on iFollow because they’re not in the Saturday 3pm blackout and 60-80 people still make the journey down to the south coast so Tuesday night away matches won’t really be affected. The ones that will be impacted is the Saturday 3pm away games that are too far away for most fans to consider travelling.
RapidShrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:27 am

This looks like great news, especially for season ticket holders! Also, my reading of this is we will possibly benefit from the revenue sharing agreement too?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... match.html
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:19 pm

I assume that this will only be available to those who have Sky..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby tim-sanchez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:55 pm

redrobo wrote:I assume that this will only be available to those who have Sky..... :?: :?: :?:

I'd assume they'd use iFollow, so it shouldn't matter whether you've got Sky or anything else.
tim-sanchez

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:27 pm

I thought we would have seen more DVD's of the players training and interviews with new players etc this season.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Freez » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:14 pm

It’s absolutely nothing to do with Sky the general broadcasts, they have the rights so had to give permission for all the 3pm kickoffs to be shown on IFollow.
That is their only involvement.
The games prospectively will be shown live on IFollow, so far, and this could change, we believe home games will be free for season ticket holders anyone else can subscribe possibly for a season, possibly on a match by match basis.
Be aware, that when home games allow crowds back in, it will revert to radio commentary only for those games, no TV pictures on your device. Away games may yet remain available to be seen, but again, that may change. It’s up in the air.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby thedoc » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:51 am

Freez wrote: It’s up in the air.

I'm confused now. I thought it was on satellite...
thedoc

Postby Freez » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:51 pm

IFollow is on tintaweb, so it’s not even up in the air until it gets to your wee house!! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby redrobo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Excuse my ignorance but in order to watch forthcoming EFL2 games is it necessary to pay to subscribe to iFollow ( as it has been in the past) or is this new service going to be free to season ticket holders and if so does that mean the club have to provide us with a password or something..... :?: :?: :?:

Technology and stuff like it passed me by many moons ago.....
redrobo

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:43 pm

redrobo wrote:Excuse my ignorance but in order to watch forthcoming EFL2 games is it necessary to pay to subscribe to iFollow ( as it has been in the past) or is this new service going to be free to season ticket holders and if so does that mean the club have to provide us with a password or something..... :?: :?: :?:

Also, another question, could it actually be cheaper for non-season ticket holders to just buy a 14-17yr junior standing ST for £65? After watching 7 matches, you’ve essentially made your money back, and for supporters who maybe live too far away to come to games, this would seem a cheaper option than buying a season pass for iFollow. (Unless there’s an age minimum of 18 for iFollow?? - In that case the cheapest would be around £150 which could still be cheaper)
RapidShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:42 pm

redrobo wrote:Excuse my ignorance but in order to watch forthcoming EFL2 games is it necessary to pay to subscribe to iFollow ( as it has been in the past) or is this new service going to be free to season ticket holders and if so does that mean the club have to provide us with a password or something..... :?: :?: :?:

If you read it, it says "clubs will be able to stream every match on their own websites"
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Freez » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Marky is right, it does say via the club website, but as the cameras and video feed is paid for by IFollow through the club, it’s safe to say that an IFollow subscription will be needed. As has been asked, if a season ticket holder is to get access they will need a password, which will hopefully be supplied for the home games. The away days will be all pay unless you have all game subscription.
This is the first season that fans in this country can get to watch, as fans abroad such as Aspers, Peru Shrimp, Cyprus shrimp, Danny in Nerja and various other peeps in Texas, Canada and Hong Kong have enjoyed for the past few seasons.
I imagine their subscription will remain similar, however as IFollow only provided radio commentary in this country, the club are currently looking at which is the best way of charging for the games, either game by game or as a block. It’s difficult to know how this will work as when home fans are allowed back in, then only mostly away fans will want to watch so there has to be some thought put into this.
I sure it will all be sorted by the time we take on Grimsby at Blundell Park in the Charabang Cup, hopefully?
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Freez wrote:Marky is right, it does say via the club website, but as the cameras and video feed is paid for by IFollow through the club, it’s safe to say that an IFollow subscription will be needed. As has been asked, if a season ticket holder is to get access they will need a password, which will hopefully be supplied for the home games. The away days will be all pay unless you have all game subscription.
This is the first season that fans in this country can get to watch, as fans abroad such as Aspers, Peru Shrimp, Cyprus shrimp, Danny in Nerja and various other peeps in Texas, Canada and Hong Kong have enjoyed for the past few seasons.
I imagine their subscription will remain similar, however as IFollow only provided radio commentary in this country, the club are currently looking at which is the best way of charging for the games, either game by game or as a block. It’s difficult to know how this will work as when home fans are allowed back in, then only mostly away fans will want to watch so there has to be some thought put into this.
I sure it will all be sorted by the time we take on Grimsby at Blundell Park in the Charabang Cup, hopefully?

Does that mean we have to listen to you and your Oppo commentating ? It was described by the Dagenham fans as being like 2 Northerners talking about football in a pub :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What about those of us who have renewed the season ticket and also paid I-Follow for the season. I don't mind as long as the football club receives some decent revenue.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Freez » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:45 pm

Better than two cockernees talking about football in a boozer!! :D
80% of the IFollow income goes to the club, so it’s a good earner and a great way to support us if you can’t get to all the games, home or away.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby paschahound » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:40 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
What about those of us who have renewed the season ticket and also paid I-Follow for the season. I don't mind as long as the football club receives some decent revenue.

How did you manage to subscribe to iFollow already? I just get a message that subscription packages aren't available yet, but to register to be informed when they offer them. Do you have a different link?
paschahound

Postby redrobo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:34 am

morecambegeek wrote:
redrobo wrote:

Given there is no official guidance on capacities, or when spectators can return to stadia, what would you like the club to say?

Each club will have its own policy on how to carry out restrictions re the virus.

Carlisle's thinking to date is attached.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2 ... t-holders/

An update to the above is now available on the CU web site.

Congrats to the Shrimps Trust in an excellent survey ( details posted elsewhere) and in particular the positive findings it generated.
Last edited by redrobo on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:02 pm

paschahound wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

How did you manage to subscribe to iFollow already? I just get a message that subscription packages aren't available yet, but to register to be informed when they offer them. Do you have a different link?

I received an Email I think it was from the EFL telling me that it would automatically be renewed on 31st August and paid by direct debit.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby paschahound » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:
paschahound wrote:
Gone_Shrimping wrote:

I received an Email I think it was from the EFL telling me that it would automatically be renewed on 31st August and paid by direct debit.

Brilliant, thanks for the reply.
They gave me a partial refund in July (totally unrequested, unexpected and unnecessary) so they have the details and I guess they'll do that with everyone who had subscribed for last season. That'll save time wondering how to re-subscribe.
paschahound

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:33 pm

What about those of us who have renewed the season ticket and also paid I-Follow for the season. I don't mind as long as the football club receives some decent revenue.[/quote]

How did you manage to subscribe to iFollow already? I just get a message that subscription packages aren't available yet, but to register to be informed when they offer them. Do you have a different link?[/quote]

I received an Email I think it was from the EFL telling me that it would automatically be renewed on 31st August and paid by direct debit.[/quote]

Brilliant, thanks for the reply.
They gave me a partial refund in July (totally unrequested, unexpected and unnecessary) so they have the details and I guess they'll do that with everyone who had subscribed for last season. That'll save time wondering how to re-subscribe.[/quote]

It was an email from EFL Digital and they say they will take a direct debit of £45 from me on
1st Septemberfor next season.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby tim-sanchez » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:38 pm

More details on the OWS: https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2020/a ... or-online/

Looks like there's no month or season pass for UK fans, other than a season ticket giving access to all home games (for the foreseeable future).

Frustratingly on the international side, it looks there's only a season or international pass, with no option to buy individual match passes. Price seems to have gone up quite a bit though, used to be the equivalent of £5 a match or £110 for a season pass, now seems to be closer to £134 for a season pass (shows as $178), but when I go to purchase the price goes up to £160 ($213.60). Not sure if anyone else has abroad has these issues?
tim-sanchez

Next

Return to General Discussion