Kevin Ellison to Newport 1 Year Deal

Kevin Ellison to Newport 1 Year Deal

Postby Bara brith » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:16 pm

Showing on Wikipedia ( if you can believe that) and also on the
Newport Forum, sorry should have placed on former shrimps thread, but Kev deserves his own post , always done well against them in the past , great deal for Kev if true
Bara brith

Re: Kevin Ellison to Newport 1 Year Deal

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:30 pm

Thats a long trek for him doesn't he have his kids a lot as well.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Bara brith wrote:Showing on Wikipedia ( if you can believe that) and also on the
Newport Forum, sorry should have placed on former shrimps thread, but Kev deserves his own post , always done well against them in the past , great deal for Kev if true

I wouldn’t believe everything you read on Wikipedia - if I wanted to I could change someone like Lukaku’s page to show he’s currently playing for us. It’s not showing Newport anymore so I don’t know if that means anything. To be honest I’d be very surprised if he found another league club considering he’s previously insisted he doesn’t think he needs to go on trial anywhere and he had an especially poor season with us last season. Of course wish him well though and I suppose he’s had some good days against Newport! They don’t seem to be making many (if any) signings at the moment, so it’s possible, I suppose, and maybe his career can have one last boost!

Someone on the Newport forum was claiming Kev had been “apparently spotted at the training ground” but quite a few other users quickly shut him down and said it’s not credible so who knows in this transfer merry-go-round!
RapidShrimp

Postby Andy D » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:40 am

Nice one, pleased for him, can see Kev and Paddy Amond causing plenty of mischief ;)
Andy D

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:19 am

I've seen a couple of rumours on Twitter about him training with them although I'd be pretty surprised about this. Newport's in South Wales which is a hell of a way from his Liverpool base just for a bit of fitness. Surely players do this kind of thing with local clubs - eg, Yaya Toure probaby leaves near Leyton Orient's ground.

Would be surprised if he got another deal in League Two. I know he's scored a few against Newport and he's been a bit of a bogey player for them but you'd like to think that a professional football club's recruitment process goes a bit deeper than 'he bagged a few against us' :lol:

Talking of Newport - they signed Ryan Taylor yesterday. Remember seeing a number of rumours linking him to us due to previous connections with DA.
Little Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:12 am

If Kev gets any deal in the football league then he has done very well. I can see why a club would look to bring him in as an impact player and a big voice in the dressing room but his best days are well behind him. Saying that, The Beast has done pretty well at Wycombe despite being written off.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Would have thought that JB would have offered Kevin some kind of a deal in view of their friendship and how highly JB views Kevin.

Somehow can't see Kevin travelling all that way to Newport as it is a b*gger of a trip ....We travel quite frequently just to Bristol and that's a nightmare whatever the time... :!: :!: :!:
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:16 pm

Fair play to Kev for securing another year of professional football. I honestly thought he would drop in to NL.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:23 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Fair play to Kev for securing another year of professional football. I honestly thought he would drop in to NL.

Has he signed for them yet ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:21 am

I saw something on twitter saying he had signed a one year deal but struggling to find it now
BerlinWaller

Postby Shrimp Girl » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:24 pm

It's true. On Kev's own Twitter page, one year deal
Shrimp Girl

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Good luck to him

Kevin Ellison: Veteran forward joins Newport County - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54034286
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby redrobo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:33 pm

See that he's also doing some striker coaching duties.

Such a pity that we couldn't have found him a similar role.

:cry:
redrobo

Return to General Discussion