Signing Number 8 - Welcome back Adam Phillips

Signing Number 8 - Welcome back Adam Phillips

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:05 pm

What a surprise, I would have never guessed that! :lol: In all seriousness, fantastic to have Adam back! :D

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2020/august/loan-deal--adam-phillips/
RapidShrimp

Re: Signing Number 8 - Welcome back Adam Phillips

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:22 pm

Adam and Ryan are 2 brilliant signings, probably worth over a million in transfer fees combined. It is good to see that Burnley trust us with the development of their youngsters as well.
BerlinWaller

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Double get in!
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby redrobo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:43 pm

I'm getting bloody well fed up with all these 'quality' DA signings it just will not do :o .....so instead of my usual use of the word 'excellent'....I'll simply say....SUPERB for the lot of 'em..... :lol:

Welcome back Adam and closer to your Garstang home... :D
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Fantastico! Will we really be favourites to go down again?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:24 pm

The pulling power of Derek Adams has been different class and what a season in prospect!
HALMA 1983

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:52 pm

There hasn't been a single mention of how hard it is to attract players to little old Morecambe.

I'm thinking we might be worth a cheeky £10 to make the playoffs at this rate :o
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:04 pm

P/T Indie wrote:There hasn't been a single mention of how hard it is to attract players to little old Morecambe.

I'm thinking we might be worth a cheeky £10 to make the playoffs at this rate :o

I started to type something similar but decided against opening old wounds. It is a brighter future with signs we are getting things right on and off the pitch. Feels like we have stopped feeling sorry for ourselves.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:25 pm

With so many 'quality' players available, it's knowing the market place and who one knows can do a good job for our club that in my opinion has worked in favour of both DA and OUR club in general.

A dramatic reduction in the squad size and the intelligent use of the loan market has ( i assume) enabled DA to be able to offer slightly more in terms of wages that a large squad would have made impossible.

Same budget but a better spend..... :)
redrobo

Postby parceldave » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:27 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Fantastico! Will we really be favourites to go down again?

Hope so, it will improve our odds at the other end of the table . ;)
parceldave

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:41 pm

redrobo wrote:With so many 'quality' players available, it's knowing the market place and who one knows can do a good job for our club that in my opinion has worked in favour of both DA and OUR club in general.

A dramatic reduction in the squad size and the intelligent use of the loan market has ( i assume) enabled DA to be able to offer slightly more in terms of wages that a large squad would have made impossible.

Is this pure speculation/guff or are you one of those in the knowers?
BerlinWaller

Postby black morse » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:02 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
redrobo wrote:With so many 'quality' players available, it's knowing the market place and who one knows can do a good job for our club that in my opinion has worked in favour of both DA and OUR club in general.

Is this pure speculation/guff or are you one of those in the knowers?

He did say.....(I assume).
black morse

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Given the current situation I'd be surprised if DA had a larger budget.

I'd guess the good recruitment will be down to cutting the squad size, possibly a bit more pull from DA (more contacts in scouting etc) and also power has probably shifted towards clubs with so many players looking for clubs, with previously more unattainable players now in reach.
Little Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:01 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:There hasn't been a single mention of how hard it is to attract players to little old Morecambe.

I started to type something similar but decided against opening old wounds. It is a brighter future with signs we are getting things right on and off the pitch. Feels like we have stopped feeling sorry for ourselves.

This I like,
Everything that has gone before has now past, we have all moved on and so has the club in leaps and bounds.
Let's embrace this new found positivity and hope what's being put into place right now, takes the club to even greater heights.
HALMA 1983

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Given the current situation I'd be surprised if DA had a larger budget.

I'd guess the good recruitment will be down to cutting the squad size, possibly a bit more pull from DA (more contacts in scouting etc) and also power has probably shifted towards clubs with so many players looking for clubs, with previously more unattainable players now in reach.

+1
RapidShrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:36 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Given the current situation I'd be surprised if DA had a larger budget.

+1

It is a buyers market and with things the way they are with fans not allowed in, smaller clubs can mix it with the bigger boys. I just sense that DA has a clear plan of what he wants and he has gone out and got it done. No inferiority complex, no sulking.
BerlinWaller

Postby glagys » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:18 pm

Good squad taking shape,
Maybe a tried and tested striker either this level or a good young one coming through elsewhere ?
glagys

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:27 am

I wonder how much if anything we contribute towards the wages of the Burnley lads. If its very low that is like getting two players for nothing which can be spent elsewhere on the squad.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimperteer » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:22 am

BerlinWaller wrote:I started to type something similar but decided to word it in a way that pretends I’m still not trying to have a dig. It is a brighter future with signs we are getting things right on and off the pitch. Feels like we have stopped feeling sorry for ourselves.

Get over it :lol:
shrimperteer

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:20 am

shrimperteer wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:I started to type something similar but decided to word it in a way that pretends I’m still not trying to have a dig. It is a brighter future with signs we are getting things right on and off the pitch. Feels like we have stopped feeling sorry for ourselves.

Get over it :lol:

No need to be salty mate, put your Jimbo teddy down and come and enjoy the bright new era. We welcome all converts here.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:33 pm

We can only enjoy the bright new era if you stop dragging up the one that's past
Draw a line under it and move on!
HALMA 1983

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:06 pm

We will welcome Lee/Shrimpeteer/MPH in to the Church of Derek if he confesses his sins.
BerlinWaller

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:44 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:We can only enjoy the bright new era if you stop dragging up the one that's past
Draw a line under it and move on!

There’s no harm comparing our current setup at the club to the one we had 5 years ago for example!

In fact, with Derek & John McMahon, new commercial manager Martin Thomas, new set of directors with fresh ideas, the experience, expertise and loyalty of Rod & Graham, new life vice presidents, innovations happening all around the club, smaller squad with on average a higher calibre of player, and not to forget all of the other staff that are working hard to keep Morecambe alive.

I think comparing to past seasons actually makes me even more positive! All the players coming in and saying they’re excited for the season and think they’ll have a good season, rather than the ‘we hope we can stay up because we’re all cast-offs’ mentality :D
RapidShrimp

Postby black morse » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:49 am

We are all positive about the new season but so we should be. Let's see whether we still are at Christmas :lol:
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:13 pm

The usual suspects are just trying to poke me with a stick. I just hope they enjoy the new world and don't long for the old one too much that it stops them doing so.

Onwards and upwards.
BerlinWaller

Next

Return to General Discussion