Struggling to Get Enthusiastic?

Re: Struggling to Get Enthusiastic?

Postby Shrimp Girl » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 am

We have bought our three early bird STs and stuck the payment on credit card. I've been very poor in my life so completely understand people feeling they can't shell out at the moment. A sensible move would probably be, see how things develop then go for a half season ticket in the new year if it looks worthwhile. I'm trusting in the club to do right if we can't go to matches straight away. Maybe by offering refunds/credit as with the season just gone, or opening up iFollow to people who have paid for a seat.
My other half got a phone call from the club gently reminding him about the early bird deadline, so if others are also contacted, you will be able to tell them direct how you feel about the current arrangements.
Shrimp Girl

Postby redrobo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:09 am

Shrimp Girl wrote:We have bought our three early bird STs and stuck the payment on credit card. I've been very poor in my life so completely understand people feeling they can't shell out at the moment. A sensible move would probably be, see how things develop then go for a half season ticket in the new year if it looks worthwhile. I'm trusting in the club to do right if we can't go to matches straight away. Maybe by offering refunds/credit as with the season just gone, or opening up iFollow to people who have paid for a seat.
My other half got a phone call from the club gently reminding him about the early bird deadline, so if others are also contacted, you will be able to tell them direct how you feel about the current arrangements.

I've also renewed my 'Old Fart' Season Ticket but have no problem in the club taking my money now and in the event of games not having spectators that they would refund the cost or provide an alternative option.

It's up to the individuals to decide to purchase now or later or not at all and no criticism of their choice should be leveled at them not that there has been to date. :)
redrobo

Postby cragbankshrimp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:11 pm

I've also renewed mine, but paid by credit card as if MFC or indeed the EFL cannot deliver i can get my money back. I also think that if and when the EFL draw up a fixture list the games in the early days when crowds are limited and no away fans allowed it would be best to put the long distance games on first. We need games like Bolton, Bradfud, Barra and Carlisle to be played when the away fans are allowed in, if that ever happens.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby redrobo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if there is another complete lock down which could well see the closure of a number of football clubs through the lack of finance as a result of the season being put on hold until when..... :?: :?: :?:

I doubt that we will ever return to how it was as there is now talk of yet another virus in its early stage of mass circulation.

For me I believe that these viruses are man made and not via animals as was first thought.
redrobo

Postby Ego Tripping » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:31 pm

I usually do the easypay scheme but have paid up front this time as expected the club could do with the cash. Its fair enough if you can’t afford to renew at the moment but i’d hope those that can will reconsider. In my view we all need to do our bit (where we can) to ensure we have a club to come back to.

However it would be wise for the club to at least communicate that should games be played behind closed doors then full refunds will be offered. As others have said i cant see why they wouldnt extend the early bird scheme until there is clarity from the EFL.

Finally I do wish the club would consider a DD payment scheme. I know 2 casual supporters who cant afford the £50 a month but they would pay £25. Its times like these where businesses need to think differently.
Ego Tripping

Postby MFC-Manc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Why not just leave the price at the early bird prices? Then people don’t have to make a decision straight away.
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby KenH » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:28 pm

dazza wrote:it would be nice for the club to make a announcement whether its a close off tomorrow or extended

I think they will announce an extension or some other discount, once the deadline has passed, especially if the number of ST purchases is low. Maybe they'll leave it for a few weeks but in reality, no one will be buying STs at full price without knowing about games re-starting etc. But when the time approaches, and they know how many the ground can accommodate, I'm sure there'll be another marketing push with discounts/inventives to try to encourage previous ST holders who've not renewed - they'd be crazy not to.
KenH

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:11 pm

redrobo wrote:I doubt that we will ever return to how it was as there is now talk of yet another virus in its early stage of mass circulation.

For me I believe that these viruses are man made and not via animals as was first thought.

Neil,

Interesting (and disappointing) to see you've joined the ranks of the paranoid conspiracy theorists. The only way in which these viruses, and they include things like ebola and AIDS, are man-made, is in that they are caused by mankind's encroachment on the natural wild environment, including bushmeat, but also destruction of habitat meaning that humans come physically closer to the wild animals. I would have thought you intelligent enough to know that if Trump believes it, it genuinely is 'fake news'.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Posh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:01 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:
redrobo wrote:I doubt that we will ever return to how it was as there is now talk of yet another virus in its early stage of mass circulation.

Neil,

Interesting (and disappointing) to see you've joined the ranks of the paranoid conspiracy theorists. The only way in which these viruses, and they include things like ebola and AIDS, are man-made, is in that they are caused by mankind's encroachment on the natural wild environment, including bushmeat, but also destruction of habitat meaning that humans come physically closer to the wild animals. I would have thought you intelligent enough to know that if Trump believes it, it genuinely is 'fake news'.

Well said. Coronavirus is as natural as nature itself. Its global transmission is entirely the fault of human beings, selfishness and appalling political judgement.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby BerlinWaller » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:16 pm

I have had two calls from the club today but they were during work hours so I couldn't answer and no voicemail was left.

I will buy a season ticket, I just can't justify paying that money now for something I may be able to use in October. Hopefully the club will see the dilemma we have as fans but also as parents with bills to pay etc and extend the deal. I forfeited the outstanding money from last season and bought a shirt via the crowd fund raiser. It is great to see Posh, Neil and hopefully lots of others doing the same.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:07 pm

redrobo wrote:For me I believe that these viruses are man made and not via animals as was first thought.

Was Spanish Flu man-made over a hundred years ago? Or the three pandemics of the 1800's? Or Asian Flu? Or Hong Kong Flu?

The only 'surprise' about this pandemic is that it has arrived so late, as historically, major pandemics occur roughly every thirty years and with greater global travel, they were expected to occur quicker. I was part of a pandemic planning group on the Isle of Man fifteen years ago. The Public Health Consultant who Chaired it was very clear that it was 'when' not 'if'. The Isle of Man Government used the Pandemic Plan to influence its response to COVID-19.

I watched an interesting piece about 'conspiracy theories' recently. Part of the explanation is that the 'bigger' the outcome, the 'bigger' the expected background was. So COVID-19 has been huge, therefore it needs a 'huge' reason. Some bloke selling wild bats in a wet market isn't 'big', it needs a much bigger reason for it to have happened. The used the example of President Kennedy's assassination and how people believe all kinds of 'theories' about who was involved, more than one shooter, security forces involvement etc. Yet many people don't even know that President Reagan was shot in an assassination attempt, let alone have convoluted conspiracy theories. Kennedy died, which was a huge event, so it needs a huge explanation. Reagan survived, therefore a relatively 'small' story, which only required a small explanation. No-one doubts that Reagan was shot by a mentally ill man, who said he believed that Jody Foster would be impressed and become his girlfriend. If Reagan had died, that explanation wouldn't have been enough.

Back to the thread...

Perhaps the club don't want to sell too many season tickets at the moment? If [for example] the government allow 25% of capacity to be opened to fans, then we can have slightly over 1,500 fans. If we sell 1,300 season tickets, then we can guarantee everyone can get in to a game. But if we sell 1,600 season tickets, we're in trouble, having to turn season ticket holders away. Until the government make it clear to the FA, Football League & clubs how attendances will work, the club is in the dark too?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MFC-Manc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:42 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I have had two calls from the club today but they were during work hours so I couldn't answer and no voicemail was left.

I will buy a season ticket, I just can't justify paying that money now for something I may be able to use in October. Hopefully the club will see the dilemma we have as fans but also as parents with bills to pay etc and extend the deal. I forfeited the outstanding money from last season and bought a shirt via the crowd fund raiser. It is great to see Posh, Neil and hopefully lots of others doing the same.

I’ve not renewed mine and are still in 2 minds what to do? I also forfeited the money from last season.
I can’t see them extending it now.....
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:46 pm

Keith wrote:Perhaps the club don't want to sell too many season tickets at the moment? If [for example] the government allow 25% of capacity to be opened to fans, then we can have slightly over 1,500 fans. If we sell 1,300 season tickets, then we can guarantee everyone can get in to a game. But if we sell 1,600 season tickets, we're in trouble, having to turn season ticket holders away. Until the government make it clear to the FA, Football League & clubs how attendances will work, the club is in the dark too?

If this were to happen, it would only be fair that long standing season ticket holders were given top priority over others further down the pecking order, some (myself included) might have to sit it out the whole season and use ifollow to get the chance of seeing game time.

Hope it can be resolved soon, so I can get me and the lad back amongst the ranks of the Berlinwaller's.
HALMA 1983

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:46 pm

redrobo wrote:

Can't wait to see your working.
morecambegeek

Postby Ego Tripping » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:28 pm

As I’ve posted on here before (Unsurprisingly to the same person) conspiracy theories are for idiots to feel like intellectuals
Ego Tripping

Postby BerlinWaller » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:56 pm

Boris has announced that he is squeezing the brake so I think that has made my mind up.
BerlinWaller

Postby shrimperteer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 am

Ego Tripping wrote:As I’ve posted on here before (Unsurprisingly to the same person) conspiracy theories are for idiots to feel like intellectuals

It’s one of the most depressing things about this thing other than the human tragedy, seeing how thick some of the supposedly developed world is. Seems worse in America but it’s still depressing here.

Anti-vaccine cranks, 5G theories, face masks are suddenly bad for you, brexit, fiddled death figure accusations, flat earth etc etc. It’s like we’re heading to the future portrayed in that movie Idiocracy.
shrimperteer

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:42 pm

The death figures are over inflated the average deaths in english hospitals is 10 a day then PHE announce 100ish.

Also have people died with covid or because of covid lots of people on twitter saying their relatives died of old age or other conditions but covid was put on the death certificate.

Drs were also told at the start to put covid as a cause of death even without a positive test.

Cases are going to go up with more tests been done its the infection rate that is important and that's not going up.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:14 pm

P/T Indie wrote:The death figures are over inflated the average deaths in english hospitals is 10 a day then PHE announce 100ish.

Also have people died with covid or because of covid lots of people on twitter saying their relatives died of old age or other conditions but covid was put on the death certificate.

Drs were also told at the start to put covid as a cause of death even without a positive test.

Cases are going to go up with more tests been done its the infection rate that is important and that's not going up.

The Government have suspended using the inflated death figures but the news channels are still reporting them daily despite this.
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:09 pm

P/T Indie wrote:The death figures are over inflated the average deaths in english hospitals is 10 a day then PHE announce 100ish.

Are you suggesting that less people died of COVID-19 than is reported and the situation isn't as bad as the official figures suggest?

Okay then...

Number deaths recorded in England & Wales, January to June 2019: 270,094
Number deaths recorded in England & Wales, January to June 2020: 332,734

There were 62,640 more deaths recorded in England & Wales in the first six months of this year than last.
Official number COVID-19 related deaths in England & Wales to date (an extra month) 42,636

Looks like, if anything, number of deaths has been under recorded rather than over, unless you have another explanation?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 17july2020
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phil Anderer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:35 am

Keith wrote:

Are you suggesting that less people died of COVID-19 than is reported and the situation isn't as bad as the official figures suggest?

Okay then...

Number deaths recorded in England & Wales, January to June 2019: 270,094
Number deaths recorded in England & Wales, January to June 2020: 332,734

There were 62,640 more deaths recorded in England & Wales in the first six months of this year than last.
Official number COVID-19 related deaths in England & Wales to date (an extra month) 42,636

Looks like, if anything, number of deaths has been under recorded rather than over, unless you have another explanation?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... 17july2020

Keith, our excess deaths is high, as you say, but they're by no means all directly Covid-related. The Covid deaths do appear to have been inflated because for the first 4 months all deaths where Covid was mentioned on the death certificate were recorded as Covid deaths, whether or not that was the cause of death. Many other deaths have occurred as an indirect cause of Covid due to people either not receiving or not seeking treatment because of Covid. So you're both right
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:49 am

Early bird season tickets extended for another couple of weeks. Hopefully a few more will now be sold :D
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:31 am

Phil you beat me to it I know a few people who have died as an indirect cause as they didnt get the care they normally would.

Also take someone like Eddie Large 4 weeks in hospital with heart failure but then got covid so did he die of covid or heart failure?

Also a lot of people in care homes were put straight on DNR and told they shouldnt have been taken to hospital in order to save the NHS.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:27 am

Wild Bill wrote:Early bird season tickets extended for another couple of weeks. Hopefully a few more will now be sold :D

Well done to the club for taking this action. Fingers crossed we know a bit more by the middle of August.
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:22 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Early bird season tickets extended for another couple of weeks. Hopefully a few more will now be sold :D

Think I'll just bite the bullet and buy mine and the lads within this period, nothing's certain during these strange times but I'd hate to miss out on what's building.
HALMA 1983

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion