Retained/Released?

Re: Retained/Released?

Postby redrobo » Sun May 24, 2020 5:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaKDqFRfFxE

Hope this works Keith....

....and this explaining why he hasn't had game time at Salford...mmmm :?: :?: :?:

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/why- ... t-salford/
redrobo

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:54 pm

redrobo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaKDqFRfFxE

....and this explaining why he hasn't had game time at Salford...mmmm :?: :?: :?:

I feel sorry for the lad, he obviously wanted to stay at Morecambe but had to do as he was told
Not helped his development one bit or his state of mind!
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Tue May 26, 2020 8:20 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
redrobo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaKDqFRfFxE

I feel sorry for the lad, he obviously wanted to stay at Morecambe but had to do as he was told
Not helped his development one bit or his state of mind!

Link worked, ta.

His contract is up with Man Utd at the end of June. If they choose to release him, I'd hope he'd want to come back to us (assuming DA wanted him to return).
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MRScaleHall » Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 am

Kelvin mellor not been offered a contract at bradford that would be a good addition I’m sure he’s already played under Adams at Plymouth.
MRScaleHall

Postby redrobo » Wed May 27, 2020 10:25 am

Wonder when we will learn of what our retained list will be..... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:44 pm

Interesting that Harvey Bradbury tweeted last week that "me and the rest of the Morecambe boys" would be doing the 34 k charity run for MFC player Mbulu who sadly passed away recently.

I thought he looked a decent player in the glimpses we had before the Covid-19 early finish and he could be an option if we don't sign Cole Stockton.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Interesting that Harvey Bradbury tweeted last week that "me and the rest of the Morecambe boys" would be doing the 34 k charity run for MFC player Mbulu who sadly passed away recently.

I thought he looked a decent player in the glimpses we had before the Covid-19 early finish and he could be an option if we don't sign Cole Stockton.

Looked useful but I hope Cole stays as he was getting into the groove just before this thing happened.
HALMA 1983

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:19 am

Plymouth just released Ryan Taylor.

Could well be on Derek's radar.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby glagys » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:31 pm

Hope not
hardly prolific
Averages a goal every 6 games
32 years
Think I'd stick with Cole although he's not prolific either,but is younger and seems sharper in his last few games,that is of course if he's kept on ??
glagys

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:37 am

On Derek's latest Radio Lancashire interview he says there should be news at the end of next week on players released etc.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:08 pm

Could be that the transfer system is predominantly made up of free agents, with no money changing hands and maybe a chance of better quality that wouldn't normally be available
Interesting times!
HALMA 1983

Postby Shrimp Girl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:25 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Interesting that Harvey Bradbury tweeted last week that "me and the rest of the Morecambe boys" would be doing the 34 k charity run for MFC player Mbulu who sadly passed away recently.

Did you see who else was running 34km with Alex and Sam?
Still under contract at Blackpool but loaned out last year when their new manager arrived.
Shrimp Girl

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Shrimp Girl wrote:

Did you see who else was running 34km with Alex and Sam?
Still under contract at Blackpool but loaned out last year when their new manager arrived.

I haven't seen the pictures but I am hoping you are referring to Jamie Devitt.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Jamie Devitt - tagged in Alex Kenyon's tweet. I remember he mentioned they're still in touch as friends on his podcast interview so I'm sure there's probably not too much to look into there.

That said, Derek Adams' favoured formation at Plymouth was apparently 4-2-3-1 so I still am going to dream about having an attacking midfield three of O'Sullivan, Devitt and Mendes Gomes.
Little Shrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I still am going to dream about having an attacking midfield three of O'Sullivan, Devitt and Mendes Gomes.

That’s a nice thought! :shock: :D O’Sullivan signed a 2 year deal as well so we’ve got at least another year of him - I think he was really underrated/under-appreciated last season (it feels weird saying “last season” when it’s not even complete :lol: )
RapidShrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:03 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:I still am going to dream about having an attacking midfield three of O'Sullivan, Devitt and Mendes Gomes.

That’s a nice thought! :shock: :D O’Sullivan signed a 2 year deal as well so we’ve got at least another year of him - I think he was really underrated/under-appreciated last season (it feels weird saying “last season” when it’s not even complete :lol: )

Can't think about it too much though, will only get my hopes up!

O'Sullivan I can't quite work out. I like him and think he has some serious quality, although it seems like this quality doesn't always quite reach the surface on match day. Still our joint highest assister (4) and joint highest goals/assists overall (7) this season. Has got a lovely delivery on him and that goal vs Port Vale superb.

Hoping he can really show what he's got over next season as I feel he's got a bit more in his locker still.
Little Shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Jim Gannon tweeted regarding ex league players being afraid of dropping in to non league footy. With clubs having the buyers market this summer, the NL and below may become a lot stronger with players signing for non league clubs because they can't secure a professional contract.
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:06 am

I hope we can loan the 2 Burnley players again. They seemed to enjoy their time at The Globe.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Keith » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:07 am

BerlinWaller wrote:Jim Gannon tweeted regarding ex league players being afraid of dropping in to non league footy. With clubs having the buyers market this summer, the NL and below may become a lot stronger with players signing for non league clubs because they can't secure a professional contract.

Could we find ourselves in a position where a wage & squad cap is brought in for League Two, but not National League, resulting in higher wages (and wage bills) in the lower league?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:06 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:I hope we can loan the 2 Burnley players again. They seemed to enjoy their time at The Globe.

I seem to recall something along the lines that Phillips didn't anticipate being retained by his parent club.

My understanding is that DA is assembling a squad and that the retained list will be available in the next week or so.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Jim Gannon tweeted regarding ex league players being afraid of dropping in to non league footy. With clubs having the buyers market this summer, the NL and below may become a lot stronger with players signing for non league clubs because they can't secure a professional contract.

Could we find ourselves in a position where a wage & squad cap is brought in for League Two, but not National League, resulting in higher wages (and wage bills) in the lower league?

There was a good debate on The Sunday Supplement this morning regarding wage caps in football. Some argued that they need to be brought in to stop the crazy investment that clubs are making and to stop the tycoon style takeovers. Others argued that football and football clubs will need as much investment as possible over the coming years and that a salary cap "cheapens the product". Do you sell your soul to the money men or do you cut your cloth accordingly but diminish the product?

It's a good point that Keith. Would players drop in to the NL to pick up a few quid at clubs like Fylde? What would happen if they get promoted and their wage bill exceeds the FL wage cap? It is a minefield.
BerlinWaller

Postby RapidShrimp » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:29 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
Keith wrote:

There was a good debate on The Sunday Supplement this morning regarding wage caps in football. Some argued that they need to be brought in to stop the crazy investment that clubs are making and to stop the tycoon style takeovers. Others argued that football and football clubs will need as much investment as possible over the coming years and that a salary cap "cheapens the product". Do you sell your soul to the money men or do you cut your cloth accordingly but diminish the product?

It's a good point that Keith. Would players drop in to the NL to pick up a few quid at clubs like Fylde? What would happen if they get promoted and their wage bill exceeds the FL wage cap? It is a minefield.

Just look at Jack Redshaw going to Salford in the National League North. I’m sure he had suiters in League Two (or at least the Conference) but he chose to join the money train.

Re your second point, the EFL would surely to have make a deal with the National league (and all of non-league for that matter) that there would be a wage cap ‘tier system’ so the cap in Conference North and South would be lower than the National League itself etc. and this would create even more minefields. In short it doesn’t seem a legitimate and possible option
RapidShrimp

Postby redrobo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:42 am

Jack finished the season on loan at Halifax where he appeared to have got his injury problems sorted.

Would have him back in an instance but suspect that his wage demands would exclude us.

However if a proposed wage cap comes into being then we are a lot nearer to other clubs in terms of playing budgets which I understand could be capped at £1.5 million.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby redrobo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:53 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Jamie Devitt - tagged in Alex Kenyon's tweet. I remember he mentioned they're still in touch as friends on his podcast interview so I'm sure there's probably not too much to look into there.

That said, Derek Adams' favoured formation at Plymouth was apparently 4-2-3-1 so I still am going to dream about having an attacking midfield three of O'Sullivan, Devitt and Mendes Gomes.

All depends on the Blackpool manager as whether Jamie is loaned out again as he's on his second season of a two year contract.

Didn't feature much for 'pool last season so a further loan could probably be on the cards.

redrobo

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:42 pm

redrobo wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Jamie Devitt - tagged in Alex Kenyon's tweet. I remember he mentioned they're still in touch as friends on his podcast interview so I'm sure there's probably not too much to look into there.

All depends on the Blackpool manager as whether Jamie is loaned out again as he's on his second season of a two year contract.

Didn't feature much for 'pool last season so a further loan could probably be on the cards.

Signed on loan for Bradford by Gary Bowyer who left the club a few months back. Bowyer rumoured to be one of those interviewed for Bolton job so he may link up there eventually.
Gone_Shrimping

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion