O/T Airport car parking cancellation

O/T Airport car parking cancellation

Postby redrobo » Mon May 04, 2020 10:38 am

I'm sure that there are a number of fellow SVers who have pre booked car parking at Manchester Airport and like me now wish to cancel their booking due to the virus.

I phoned 0808 169 7030 and after a lengthy recorded message lasting over 5 minutes ( nearly lost the will to live listening to the recorded message :cry: ) I was eventually put through to a customer services person who was able to help me out as trying to do it on their web site proved impossible.

If you are having similar problems then stick with it and you will eventually get through and your payment will be refunded in the next week of so after a call from the Airport to confirm your details.
redrobo

Re: O/T Airport car parking cancellation

Postby Richard Head » Tue May 05, 2020 1:41 pm

Daughter used the Manchester Airport app to get our refund, took about a minute. We got a full refund, for her seperate booking there was a £7.50 admin fee

We had booked an Advance non refundable return train ticket to Euston, Avanti West Coast are now offering full refunds on these tickets, got my refund this morning
Richard Head

Postby redrobo » Tue May 05, 2020 2:22 pm

Richard Head wrote:Daughter used the Manchester Airport app to get our refund, took about a minute. We got a full refund, for her seperate booking there was a £7.50 admin fee

We had booked an Advance non refundable return train ticket to Euston, Avanti West Coast are now offering full refunds on these tickets, got my refund this morning

Excellent....but nothing is ever that straight forward when I do things.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Actually did use that app but rejected my refund application. Hence phone call ......
redrobo

Postby Richard Head » Tue May 05, 2020 4:09 pm

To be fair if I didn't get help then I would have struggled.

Still trying to get our refund from TUI. One hour 45 minutes waiting in the queue for someone to answer 3 weeks ago, was told that a voucher would be emailed within a week that could be used towards another holiday or transferred into cash on line. No sign of the voucher yet

Like I said we've got a refund from Avanti for our London trip, ticketmaster refunded our show tickets, the hotel booking was none refundable but they are offering a free night anytime up to 31st December so that's fair enough. Manchester airport Premier Inn have refunded as well so it's just TUI that's a ballache
Richard Head

Postby Keith » Tue May 05, 2020 7:13 pm

We were due to fly to north coast, Dominican Republic in March. We were flying with United, via Newark, New Jersey. United have given us a refund for Manchester>Newark return, but not refunded Newark>Puerto Plata because those flights weren't impacted by Trump closing flights from Europe!

I've pointed out that I booked Manchester to Puerto Plata so they are 'reviewing' their decision!
Manchester Airport ignored us for ages, but earlier this week, they offered us a refund. Premier Inn have offered a 'credit note' for the room. Just need United to play fair now and we will have come out level.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Tue May 05, 2020 9:32 pm

KLM are flatly refusing to refund our flights in June from Manchester to Calgary, instead offering vouchers valid for 12 months, even though they cancelled the booking.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby Richard Head » Sat May 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Finally got our refund voucher from TUI six weeks after my phone call to them, used it to apply for our cash refund which will now take up to 4 more weeks
Richard Head

Return to General Discussion