My club would not survive if forced to complete the season

Postby redrobo » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:58 am

https://talksport.com/football/efl/6969 ... WiHOvdQJMk

Could possibly also apply to a number of other clubs in EFL 1 and 2

:cry: :cry: :cry:
redrobo

Re: My club would not survive if forced to complete the seas

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:39 pm

I think it will apply to every club from top to bottom. How can a business survive with no income? The season has to be voided or else clubs will be folding.
BerlinWaller

Postby shrimpinho » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:36 pm

I’ve no idea if this even possible but if the EFL insist on the season finishing then I wonder if fans could pay to watch the games streamed. £5 to £10 a game (or even pay as much as you like minimum £1).

Personally I want to see the season to just be finished and void
shrimpinho

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Ultimately it's up to a vote of the members , not the EFL, so by the look of it there wont be any more games this season.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:09 am

shrimpinho wrote:I’ve no idea if this even possible but if the EFL insist on the season finishing then I wonder if fans could pay to watch the games streamed. £5 to £10 a game (or even pay as much as you like minimum £1).

Personally I want to see the season to just be finished and void

I share your view about the season being voided and posted such view on twitter. I got lots of responses, mainly angry ones from dirty Leeds fans.
BerlinWaller

Postby shrimpinho » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:16 am

What’s frustrating is how football pundits and fans keep saying there is too much at stake to cancel the season. Too much money involved. One of my friends talked about how harsh it would be on Sheff United and the money they could lose. I just don’t get it. There is more to life than football like........life.

I’m also getting frustrated by how simple people make the solutions sound. “Just test all players and lock them down in isolation camps” ....well what about other non playing staff?

“Continue the season when it is safe even if it is in September, we will worry about next season after”. Again it isn’t that simple. I honesty can’t see another option but to cancel seasons, give clubs time to plan for next and have the big wigs plan for a shortened 20/21 season if that is necessary.
shrimpinho

Postby asda shrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:33 pm

shrimpinho wrote:What’s frustrating is how football pundits and fans keep saying there is too much at stake to cancel the season. Too much money involved. One of my friends talked about how harsh it would be on Sheff United and the money they could lose. I just don’t get it. There is more to life than football like........life.

I’m also getting frustrated by how simple people make the solutions sound. “Just test all players and lock them down in isolation camps” ....well what about other non playing staff?

“Continue the season when it is safe even if it is in September, we will worry about next season after”. Again it isn’t that simple. I honesty can’t see another option but to cancel seasons, give clubs time to plan for next and have the big wigs plan for a shortened 20/21 season if that is necessary.
Totally agree, what happens if someone gets sick as it can take days to show up even if tested negative days before,all at risk,stupid idea.
asda shrimp

Return to General Discussion