Are Morecambe FC Unique?

Are Morecambe FC Unique?

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Can there be any other football club who celebrate their centenary by not celebrating their centenary? :cry:

I don't think the concert has been officially cancelled yet, but it will almost certainly not go ahead. I wonder if there will be something else arranged? Something to make the first weekend of football extra special?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Are Morecambe FC Unique?

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:39 pm

Without spoiling anything as I dont know what is being planned, I have been asked to supply some items belonging to a former player for reference and photos, I am sure RT is on it.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm

I think if the Club can get some merchandise on the website, it will go viral
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Posh » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:00 am

marky No.1 wrote:I think if the Club can get some merchandise on the website, it will go viral

I agree entirely with this. If there is something quirky that appeals outside of Morecambe FC fans then we could get huge sales beyond the normal.

P.S. We're already unique. Apparently we're the only team in the world to have dropped a league place despite no games being played.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby paulshrimp » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:54 am

Aren’t the EFL got other cases against Macc pending so we might get the place back?
paulshrimp

Postby AppleShrimp » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:59 am

Hi Keith,

The Club has lots of ideas in action and will try our utmost to make the centenary year as special as possible.

As I’m sure you appreciate, there is so much uncertainty regarding the logistics of the football season plus ensuring that we maintain the safety and health of players, staff, fans and the general public, it’s very tricky to plan too much in advance.

We have a couple of things to release in the next couple of weeks regardless so watch this space.

We all can’t wait to get going again, whenever that may be.

Regards
Charlie
AppleShrimp

Postby Potted Shrimp » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:47 pm

A few ideas:

(1) High profile glamour friendly that could bring a big crowd.
(2) Centenary shirt based on original MFC strip. To be used for season or a one-off limited edition game.
(3) Gathering of legends for a game and legends evening proceeds going to charity.
(4) A cheap entry ticket game to mark the occasion, which is done usually during the season anyway.
Potted Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:08 pm

AppleShrimp wrote:Hi Keith,

The Club has lots of ideas in action and will try our utmost to make the centenary year as special as possible.

As I’m sure you appreciate, there is so much uncertainty regarding the logistics of the football season plus ensuring that we maintain the safety and health of players, staff, fans and the general public, it’s very tricky to plan too much in advance.

We have a couple of things to release in the next couple of weeks regardless so watch this space.

We all can’t wait to get going again, whenever that may be.

Regards
Charlie

Thanks Charlie. It wasn't intended as a dig at the club in any way, more a 'just our luck' that this happened at this time comment. Things like the concert plans, even simply the shop being shut.

Obviously, people are having far more devastating 'real world' challenges at the moment, way beyond football.

Look forward to the announcements soon though!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion