Music that Morecambe have run out to

Music that Morecambe have run out to

Postby joeheadland1 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:11 am

Good morning everyone,

I hope this okay to post here, moderators please move or delete if you need to.

I’m part of a team at the University of Sheffield, led by Dr Chris Stride. We've published a number of academic papers and magazine articles relating to football history, on subjects such as statues and replica shirts (see, for example sportingstatues.com, and https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 19.1578255).

Our current project is investigating the music that football teams have run or walked out of the tunnel to over the years.

We're in the process of trying to track down the music that Morecambe have run out to, and have recieved excellent assistance from Mark Swindlehurst, but we are intrigued to see what fans can remember.

We are simply interested in the title of the song, the artist who recorded it, and for which seasons you can remember Morecambe running out to this. Any help you can give us to piece together the different songs that your club has run out to would be hugely appreciated.

I should also add that we are not interested in goal music, or a song that is played at the final whistle, but just the song that is on the tannoy system as the players enter the field.

If you think someone else may be able to help, or you have any questions, please let us know! We would be very happy to discuss the project.

Cheers

Joe
joeheadland1

Re: Music that Morecambe have run out to

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29 am

We had Tina Turner singing "Simply The Best" back in the 1990's not sure which seasons though.

Nowadays it is "Bring Me Sunshine" by Morecambe & Wise.
Gone_Shrimping

Return to General Discussion