Mental Health & Resilience:

Mental Health & Resilience:

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:05 pm

I'm not even putting this as 'off topic' as it is important to everyone, Morecambe FC included.

A Registered Mental Nurse on the Isle of Man has put together a resource pack of activities that can help with all aspects of mental health. This has been produced with the current social isolation in mind, but the activities it refers to can be valuable at all times.

I'd urge everyone to have a read and learn some of the techniques. It can be a 'pick & mix', find what works for you, or you can work through it.

It is simple & can be valuable. Some of the relaxation techniques can be 'carried with you' anywhere, so you can do them even when in a large group of people (whenever that next happens!) without anyone even knowing. Being aware of your breathing is a simple relaxation technique.

Also, knowing what you can control and what you can't. I tend to be very political and 'involved'. You may even have noticed that in my rants on here or elsewhere over the years! :roll: I can't 'change' Brexit or the government, but I enjoy debating these 'out of my control' issues. I like politics & current affairs. But the other day, I was aware that I was feeling a bit 'anxious' (claustrophobic probably). I made a deliberate and conscious decision not to watch any news bulletins or read any news pages on Facebook. In fact, I was only on FB for a very short time in the morning, then didn't look at it again for the rest of the day. Simply 'controlling' how much negative news I was exposed to at that time made me feel better (and back to my argumentative self the following day!)

Find someone to talk to. If you haven't got anyone to talk to, contact the Samaritans (Freephone: 116-123) or genuinely, anyone on here who needs someone to talk to, give me a call (if you don't have my number, PM me).

Now I'd urge everyone to read this:

https://mmo.aiircdn.com/61/5e8dbb22e489d.pdf
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Mental Health & Resilience:

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:28 pm

I really don't know how I'd be right now, if I didn't have the luxury of living in this Town
We're truly spoilt and most don't even know it.
Cheers for the link Keith, keeping busy seems to be my own personal remedy and spending much more time with the family than normal.
Missing the Football alot, truth be known :cry:
HALMA 1983

Postby Andy D » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 am

Exactly this
Attachments
F697D537-4F87-4F86-912D-1B6C8DBFC5F3.jpeg
F697D537-4F87-4F86-912D-1B6C8DBFC5F3.jpeg (68.58 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
Andy D

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:49 pm

Andy D wrote:Exactly this

You can have too much of a good thing :lol:
Atleast the jobs at home, I've been putting off for years are being ticked off the long list the wife handed me :D
Think I'll go back to work for a rest :lol:
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion