Season Tickets

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:06 pm

It now seems likely that the centenary concerts in June won't go ahead, although I don't recall seeing anything to confirm this yet. Just a thought, I like many other MFC fans have pre-purchased tickets for the events. Presumably in due course we would be due a refund when official cancellation takes place. We can't buy season tickets due to everything being up in the air but we could donate the concert ticket monies to the club to help in these crazy times. Don't know how many would be up for this and whether it would even make any difference in the grand scheme of things but hopefully it may help a little.

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby jbc.shrimp » Fri May 01, 2020 9:17 am

Morecambe Jack wrote:DD is more costly than SO to administer.

I suspect the reason we don't offer a payment plan for 1 year is that once the season ticket is issued there is no way the Club can stop people using it, even if they cancel the DD. I'm not convinced the electronic turnstiles we have are that sophisticated. At least with the 2 year plan they can withhold the 2nd year ticket.

I seem to remember some time ago we had to have computerised turnstiles to be eligible for L2. If this is this case, can the system not simply be adjusted to refuse entry to an unrecognised ticket removed from the system ?
jbc.shrimp

Postby Keith » Fri May 01, 2020 10:17 am

jbc.shrimp wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:DD is more costly than SO to administer.

I suspect the reason we don't offer a payment plan for 1 year is that once the season ticket is issued there is no way the Club can stop people using it, even if they cancel the DD. I'm not convinced the electronic turnstiles we have are that sophisticated. At least with the 2 year plan they can withhold the 2nd year ticket.

I seem to remember some time ago we had to have computerised turnstiles to be eligible for L2. If this is this case, can the system not simply be adjusted to refuse entry to an unrecognised ticket removed from the system ?

It would certainly be worth looking at and then setting up if possible. In any business, if you have customers telling you that they want to give you money, you generally say 'yes please'!

Berlin Waller's earlier comment about training kit etc could be amalgamated with al1's. We could have an online 'raffle' for the old stuff that is lying around. Spare shirts etc. Do the balls get changed every season? Buy a 'ticket' for £3 every week with a ball or shirt as the prize. The club shop has on-line purchasing facilities.

We've probably got a lot of this season's stock to dispose of too. Do a list of 'stuff' both shop and the bits that the club has to get rid of, and let the winner each week choose an item. If they've not responded by the day before the next draw, they have something allocated to them. One prize each week, so the draws can keep going for a long time. If we can sell 300 tickets each draw, that's almost a grand a week income in exchange for *stuff* that is practically worthless now.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion