Football finances

Football finances

Postby redrobo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:27 pm

IF as I suspect this season will be declared finished then clubs like ours will without doubt suffer a major financial crisis.

For me this is the time that those clubs in the Premiership have to look towards helping its smaller cousins such as ourselves by creating a survival fund that clubs outside the Premiership will have access to.

Premiership and some Championship clubs think nothing about paying millions of pounds for players.

These clubs should all contribute at least £2million towards a rescue fund for clubs like ours to be able to call on such a rescue fund for our very survival. Without such backing then I fear that a number of clubs will no longer be able to operate.

Drastic measures to combat drastic times..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
redrobo

Re: Football finances

Postby Bristol Shrimp » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:10 pm

I agree, completely unprecedented and therefore clubs shouldn't be made to suffer the consequences of something they have no control over, especially when gate receipts make such a difference. Please don't think I'm being petty because I'm not but it made me laugh to see it written as premiership, made me think this was posted in 2005!
Vi er røde, vi er hvide, vi står sammen, side om side!
Bristol Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:49 pm

Without doing maths, it will cost the Club around £302K assuming we can continue for August.. Summer festival organisers must be crapping themselves.
Hopefully sponsors wont ask for a refund on unused gametime and there is facility to claim some of this back.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:46 am

it’s was mentioned on another thread that it might be a good idea to get the early bird season tickets going now?

some tight arses are talking about existing season ticket holders being part refunded? the club is welcome to my money.
Andy D

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:57 am

Andy D wrote:it’s was mentioned on another thread that it might be a good idea to get the early bird season tickets going now?

some tight arses are talking about existing season ticket holders being part refunded? the club is welcome to my money.

Correct Andy and sooner the better
I'll be buying two straight away, Just hope my plastic money is accepted? ;)
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion