Morecambe 1 [Wildig] Crewe 1LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Morecambe 1 [Wildig] Crewe 1LIVE iFollow Thread

Postby Born again Bill » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Should take the red card off Adam and give it to Artell and co for over reacting !
Born again Bill

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:33 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:If the appeal is looked at the wrong way Adam could end up with a longer ban

They only extend bans if they view the appeal as frivolous. This was not a frivolous appeal , it was about whether the card should have been straight red or a yellow or whether any offence was 1 game or 3. Let's hope for the best.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:40 pm

The appeal failed :evil:
RapidShrimp

Postby Freez » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Time and again, we suffer at the hands of officials. No penalty’s awarded all season for us in the league, None. Some teams have had double figures? You cannot tell me that’s right?
Week after week bad tackles against us punished with yellows, we do the same, redsa re brandished. I know I’m paranoid but if a ref makes a mistake and it’s genuine, fair enough but there is no need to back him by looking at the video evidence and not changing it.
Time and again VAR has been proved very fallible as it’s always a judgement call by another ref. But not admitting when they are wrong is also part of the problem.
We have to take the Phillips decision on the chin, but he’s a big loss, and it was a bad foul. But no worse than Milner taking out Pedro in the same position in a similar situation on Tuesday night, he got a yellow. So, no bloody consistency as usual.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Vinny » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:17 pm

Well put and totally agree Freez. The total void of penalties for us this season and decisions of both the match officials and those that reviewed the appeal dare we say are very suspect of some kind of collusion against MFC. Feel sorry for Phillips. I don't suppose anyone knows the reason why the red card and 3-match ban was upheld? The officials last week also missed the blatant push in the back by Ng on Lavelle for the first goal :roll: . Against adversity we march on. COYS!!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:22 pm

Freez wrote:Time and again, we suffer at the hands of officials. No penalty’s awarded all season for us in the league, None. Some teams have had double figures? You cannot tell me that’s right?
Week after week bad tackles against us punished with yellows, we do the same, redsa re brandished. I know I’m paranoid but if a ref makes a mistake and it’s genuine, fair enough but there is no need to back him by looking at the video evidence and not changing it.
Time and again VAR has been proved very fallible as it’s always a judgement call by another ref. But not admitting when they are wrong is also part of the problem.
We have to take the Phillips decision on the chin, but he’s a big loss, and it was a bad foul. But no worse than Milner taking out Pedro in the same position in a similar situation on Tuesday night, he got a yellow. So, no bloody consistency as usual.

Well put.

For example, that tackle on Cole against Carlisle. In the 4th minute of 4 added on, Cole goes clean through on goal and the lad clatters into him to stop a clear goalscoring opportunity, and injures him for 5 weeks in the process. What does the ref do? Give a yellow...

I know that’s not a penalty example but if Adam’s is a red (a tactical trip), then a blatant last ditch lunge surely is as well...

On Milner taking down Pedro - it was a different scenario - Pedro was up against a few defenders and Milner wasn’t quite as far away from the ball as Phillips’ trip when it would’ve been 5 on 1 for them to score. Completely get your point though, the word “consistency”, or lack of, sums up the whole situation.

I’d love to see more coverage of refs. Seeing Mike Dean chat to pundits about his reffing is a great step in the right direction and hopefully we will start seeing more ‘match-reactions’ from refs like we do with managers etc...
RapidShrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:37 pm

Freez wrote:Time and again, we suffer at the hands of officials. No penalty’s awarded all season for us in the league, None. Some teams have had double figures? You cannot tell me that’s right?

Just checked the stats and actually we HAVE had a penalty this season. It came in added time at the end of the Scunthorpe 3-0 loss (away) on September 14th. Buxton missed it:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49617857

Stevenage and Carlisle have both also received only 1 penalty, but they were both scored - we’re the only league two team to not score a pen yet! And out of the 92, only us and Bolton haven’t scored one.

In contrast Crawley have had 8 and Money bags Salford have had 7...
RapidShrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion