Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:40 am

Out for 6 weeks with shoulder injury ….

Good chance for Bradbury to stake his claim - also AJ should start now

Couldn`t have come at a worse time
Redalert1970

Re: Cole Stockton

Postby Bare bum » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:54 am

That is bad news.

Must have been spiked by a poisoned umbrella at Brunton Park after he cupped his ear to the Carlisle boo boys........
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Vinny » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 am

Yes, terrible news :( https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2020/f ... gh-injury/

Cole gallantly says it was a 'normal foul' by Carlisle's Webster, but I thought at the time Webster was the last man and should have been given a red-card. It was a blatant take the man out as the shot was about to be taken. We will certainly miss the brilliant hold-up play and worry Cole causes to defenders over the next crucial games. Let's hope AJ manages to stay fit, he has the skills, and it's Harvey's chance to take.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am

I think DA will look to Jordan Slew as the number 9. AJ can't play the target man role. Miller may get brought in from the cold if he like Cranston has, impresses in training.
BerlinWaller

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:34 am

Devastating news
RapidShrimp

Postby glagys » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Miller may get brought in from the cold
is miller still here ?? And he probs wouldn't feature against parent club on Saturday
Last edited by glagys on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glagys

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:25 pm

DA mentioned Miller last week when asked about the injury list. Sutton and Miller were out injured.

Cole is out for 6 weeks so plenty of time for Miller to earn a place in the squad after Saturdays game.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:26 pm

Terrible news but a continuation of our rotten luck.

Please with Cole's reaction stating that he's enjoying his football again which could be a testament to DA's faith in him.

One thing with DA he's not one for blaming bad luck and is always full of praise for the team but he doesn't shy away from telling which players are at fault.

Maybe the time for the new kid from Millwall to step up and see what he can do but I suspect DA will use Slew as a direct replacement which if so could see a welcome return for O'Sullivan.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:30 pm

redrobo wrote:Terrible news but a continuation of our rotten luck.

Please with Cole's reaction stating that he's enjoying his football again which could be a testament to DA's faith in him.

One thing with DA he's not one for blaming bad luck and is always full of praise for the team but he doesn't shy away from telling which players are at fault.

Maybe the time for the new kid from Millwall to step up and see what he can do but I suspect DA will use Slew as a direct replacement which if so could see a welcome return for O'Sullivan.

I thought that for the limited time O'Sullivan was on for at Carlisle, he was woeful. He should have been getting at Carlisle with fresh legs but he just seemed to mope about. He had no impact at all. Cooney was running past him in attack and defence despite playing the full game in horrid conditions.
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Gutted for the lad, really on his game at present. Now the need to “dig deep” has really been forced on us. Hope Bradbury is up for the fight, and Aj stays in one piece.
Slanester

Postby dazza » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:12 pm

ARISE SIR KEV :P
****dazza****
dazza

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Really bad news when playing one of the best sides in the division on Saturday,
Cole has been brilliant of late and Derek will have to go down a completely different path, hope it leads to a much needed win.
HALMA 1983

Postby Slanester » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:13 pm

dazza wrote:ARISE SIR KEV :P

Like it dazza.
Slanester

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:23 pm

If Kev had kept his head down and gone about proving DA wrong then this may have been his chance. Instead he went down the griping on Social media route and seems to blown any chance of a recall.
BerlinWaller

Postby Slanester » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:17 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:If Kev had kept his head down and gone about proving DA wrong then this may have been his chance. Instead he went down the griping on Social media route and seems to blown any chance of a recall.

Don’t know enough about any of it, how things came to be etc, but can’t argue with that, if it is the case. Probably burnt his bridges.
However, it doesn’t look like they all necessarily have to prove anything to make the team. :?: :?:
Slanester

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:59 pm

Gutted for the lad, especially after a nice goal on Saturday that would hopefully have boosted his confidence. Interesting selection problems coming up.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby redrobo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:20 pm

Definitely a serious selection matter for DA. Does he bring someone in from the cold: use Slew as a replacement despite his goal scoring record is poor or does he go with the untried Bradbury from the start and then if things are not going to plan change it... :?: :?: :?:

I can't see AJ being a 90 minute replacement nor can I see Kevin or Millar even getting a seat on the bench.

Might sound daft but if he wants to ensure that their defence is under pressure from the off why not use Kenyon as a make shift centre forward with AJ by his side for around 70 minutes. Kenyon can mix it with the best of them and it could be just enough to ensure that their defence is in for a hard, physical time.....OK stupid..... but.... :o :o :o

Just when we needed to cement our survival in the EFL this happens.

Bloody typical...... :evil: :evil: :evil:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Slew will play up front. He has the physical presence and is mobile. Say what you like about him but he is a handful. Would love the lad to get a goal Saturday.

Totally hypothetical but Big V would have done ok under DA, anyone agree?
BerlinWaller

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:07 pm

After seeing J. Slew get bounced off the ball on the left wing at Carlisle, he won't have the physicality that Cole brings and for me and that ball won't be getting held up the same, this against a free scoring side.
The defence will be getting a severe testing for the full 90
HALMA 1983

Postby parceldave » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:34 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:I think DA will look to Jordan Slew as the number 9. AJ can't play the target man role. Miller may get brought in from the cold if he like Cranston has, impresses in training.

I hope you're wrong about Slow taking the No9 shirt , then we are in big trouble :o
parceldave

Postby Shrimp Girl » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:13 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Slew will play up front. He has the physical presence and is mobile. Say what you like about him but he is a handful. Would love the lad to get a goal Saturday.

Totally hypothetical but Big V would have done ok under DA, anyone agree?

Agree on all the above.
Shrimp Girl

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:18 pm

Yikes! Who'd be a manager. DA must be living on a knife edge every week. At the end of the day if one key player goes down then the options are limited at best. AJ...very talented but as brittle as they come. Bradbury..... Untried youngster who for some reason hasn't been on the radar since he arrived. Slew, appears limited nowadays and would be playing in a new position. Miller...appears even more limited nowadays and probably can't play on Saturday anyway. Kevin...Completely out of match practice and appears to have thrown his toys out of the pram on social media, which must have gone down a storm with the new management! :evil:

It remains to be seen what DA goes with but I would imagine some sort of defensive set up and try and hit them from a set piece....maybe?

UTS.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Slanester » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:45 pm

BerlinWaller wrote: Would love the lad to get a goal Saturday.

Definitely, plus every other Shrimps fan.
Slanester

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:06 pm

Slanester wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote: Would love the lad to get a goal Saturday.

Definitely, plus every other Shrimps fan.

I've wanted the lad to score every game and like others, I'd love him to do it on Saturday but it's getting harder as each game goes by and this against 2nd in the league who'll be at full tilt?

I wish him all the very best!
HALMA 1983

Postby RapidShrimp » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:08 am

DA clearly brought Bradbury in as a replacement for Cole, if he were to get injured or have a bad run of form. Therefore this is surely the exact time that DA brought him in for. Derek likes changing 1 or 2 players at max between each game, without a change in formation, so I think Bradbury will just slot into Cole’s position.

We have to remember though that he’s got nowhere near the Millwall senior team and Millwall are only a mid-table Championship team - we’ve had premier league strikers on loan who weren’t good enough so we’ll have to just wait and see whether Bradbury is up to the level. Good luck to the lad!
RapidShrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion