Fury v Wilder o/t

Fury v Wilder o/t

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:31 am

Looking forward to this.
Bookies can't split them, Wilder clear favourite for a knock out and Tyson if it goes all the way.

Come on Tyson!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Fury v Wilder o/t

Postby Redalert1970 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:55 am

Probably not much of a chance but how about TYSON FURY parading the belts at the Globe before a game

Over to you commercial department
Redalert1970

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:26 am

He has been invited on lots of occasions down to the Globe as a guest on matchdays by various directors and fans, never say never though,fantastic fight !!!
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:27 am

A reported £35000000 pay cheque for Tyson tonight. The Tyson Fury Arena has a nice ring to it! We should let him do a song at that concert in June!

Well done Tyson, truly the best heavyweight on the planet. Gerrrup Dosser!
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:34 am

Could give Tyson Fury the Mic at H/ T and ask him to sing us a Song ;)
Last edited by Andy D on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy D

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:35 am

Wowsers

https://youtu.be/-DEZZpQ6Sd8

Well done to Isaac Lowe as well
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:11 am

I'm not a fan of boxing, but congratulations to Tyson. What a role model for anyone struggling with mental health issues and misusing alcohol & drugs. The first step is asking for help but the turn around can be incredible.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:20 am

Amazing!!! The Heavyweight champion of the world lives in........ MORECAMBE!!! :D
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:50 am

What a superb way for the sporting public of Morecambe to recognize Tyson by getting him to make an appearance at The Globe and for our club to get the maximum amount of publicity out of it and to possibly offer a significant price reduction in the cost of attendance to encourage the town to be given its chance to acknowledge the towns latest World Champion.

:?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:26 am

BerlinWaller wrote:A reported £35000000 pay cheque for Tyson tonight. The Tyson Fury Arena has a nice ring to it! We should let him do a song at that concert in June!

So how much would Wilder have made ?
jbc.shrimp

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:47 am

BerlinWaller wrote:A reported £35000000 pay cheque for Tyson tonight. The Tyson Fury Arena has a nice ring to it! We should let him do a song at that concert in June!

Totally agree AND I'd go a stage further and ignore the commercial deal from any naming rights and look on it as a unique publicity coup that would bring world wide recognition to our club, the town and to Tyson himself by ignoring any financial gain for our club which would be priceless in terms of kudos alone.

Unlikely to happen but would be brilliant if it did.... :?: :?: :?:
redrobo

Postby black morse » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:01 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Amazing!!! The Heavyweight champion of the world lives in........ MORECAMBE!!! :D

Surely he could afford somewhere better :shock: :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:12 pm

black morse wrote:
Westgate Wanderer wrote:Amazing!!! The Heavyweight champion of the world lives in........ MORECAMBE!!! :D

Surely he could afford somewhere better :shock: :lol: :lol:
Shame on you even thinking that!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:19 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:

I think i read that depending on American Pay Per View purchases they would both make £35mil. They will have to pay for their camp, Promoter etc out of that. The mind boggles at what he would make if he fights Joshua in the middle east this summer!
BerlinWaller

Postby Andy D » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:31 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
jbc.shrimp wrote:

I think i read that depending on American Pay Per View purchases they would both make £35mil. They will have to pay for their camp, Promoter etc out of that. The mind boggles at what he would make if he fights Joshua in the middle east this summer!

it was said there’s a contract clause that Wilder can have an immediate rematch in May or summer time.
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Wilder has been out boxed in the 1st and beaten up in the 2nd. I can't see him chasing a 3rd bout just yet or there being much TV interest in it. A Joshua-Fury trilogy would be far more lucrative but who would be the A side now? Tyson has to be the number 1 so Joshua and Hearn would have dance to Tyson's tune now.
BerlinWaller

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:39 pm

Apparently Wilders camp have 20 days to make decision on a rematch. He was destroyed in the latest fight and you can't imagine them rushing back. They will incur financial penalties if they decline but the alternative can't be very appealing. In my opinion Tyson would also destroy Joshua. Too much glitz, glamour and hype from that boy, a top form Tyson will dismantle him too. Can't see us getting one of the hottest world sporting properties down to the Globe any time soon. Just imagine the demands on his time now! Manchester (place of his birth)? are looking to give him a Civic Parade. However they are a little worried by certain well publicised comments he has made in the past and need a meeting to make sure he has fully repented before the offer is made. I think the publicity the town is receiving from his TV series is the best we may hope for in the immediate future.
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:32 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Probably not much of a chance but how about TYSON FURY parading the belts at the Globe before a game

Over to you commercial department

Probably more chance of Isaac parading his belt and he is a Morecambe fan.

Who would have thought going back over many years when all the world heavyweight champions came from the USA that Morecambe would be mentioned in the same breath. Did anyone watch the fight and if so , where did they announce Tyson was from. Morecambe or Wythenshawe ?
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Andy D » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:48 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Did anyone watch the fight and if so , where did they announce Tyson was from. Morecambe or Wythenshawe ?

don’t think the Ring announcer said either, just the Country’s, might be wrong?

although one of the Boxing pundits made your point regarding Morecambe in the same breath as the like’s of New York, Detroit, LA, etc where great fighters have come from.
Andy D

Postby Jack Poulton » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:41 am

Shouldn't Lancaster City Council be organising something? Not holding my breath though!
Jack Poulton

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:02 am

What a performance from Fury. Completely changed his style and beat up one of the most feared men in boxing. He's got to be considered one of the greats now. A win against AJ would be the icing on the cake.

With Fury being a regular in Rod's pub I am sure he has tried to get him down on numerous occasions to the Globe. Hopefully he will at sometime as he's got real stardust. Get him signed up as a director I say ;)
I am the Thai Shrimp!
Wild Bill

Postby black morse » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:29 am

Wild Bill wrote:What a performance from Fury. Completely changed his style and beat up one of the most feared men in boxing. He's got to be considered one of the greats now. A win against AJ would be the icing on the cake.

With Fury being a regular in Rod's pub I am sure he has tried to get him down on numerous occasions to the Globe. Hopefully he will at sometime as he's got real stardust. Get him signed up as a director I say ;)

On the touch line next to the 4th official :evil: :lol: :lol:
black morse

Postby Ego Tripping » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:45 am

Pedantic I know but........

Hest Bank is in Lancaster
Ego Tripping

Postby redrobo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 am

Really am 'pissed off' that Manchester appears to be celebrating his home coming.

He's OURS not theirs...... :evil: :evil: :evil:

OK may have been brought up in Manchester but he now lives at Hest Bank and it's where he's ran mile after mile on the prom to keep up his fitness levels. Even been seen In Rod's place as well as my brother in laws cafe on a regular basis.

Just wish our council would grab hold of this opportunity for some positive news.
redrobo

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:25 pm

redrobo wrote:Really am 'pissed off' that Manchester appears to be celebrating his home coming.

He's OURS not theirs...... :evil: :evil: :evil:

OK may have been brought up in Manchester but he now lives at Hest Bank and it's where he's ran mile after mile on the prom to keep up his fitness levels. Even been seen In Rod's place as well as my brother in laws cafe on a regular basis.

Just wish our council would grab hold of this opportunity for some positive news.

A spokesperson for the council said: "We congratulate Tyson Fury on his remarkable achievement in beating Deontay Wilder in the early hours of this morning to win the WBC heavywieght title.

"What a masterclass in boxing it was.

"The whole town is very proud of him and the Town Council supports the suggestion, and petition, for a Welcome Home tour on his return.

"We will be working with our district and County Council's to try and make this a reality!

"Well done Tyson!"

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire- ... d-17798706
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion