Morecambe 2 [Old, Mendes-Gome] Walsall 0 LIVE iFollow Thread

Re: Morecambe 2 [Old, Mendes-Gome] Walsall 0 LIVE iFollow Th

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote: He's been given a first team opportunity and taken it by storm!

Not going unnoticed either,
Expect offers incoming
HALMA 1983

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:00 pm

HALMA 1983 wrote:
Westgate Wanderer wrote: He's been given a first team opportunity and taken it by storm!

Expect offers incoming
shussshhhhhhhhhhh
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:05 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:
HALMA 1983 wrote:

Expect offers incoming
shussshhhhhhhhhhh

Too bloody late for that, you can see opposition players in awe and their fans pointing him out as brilliant.
A true gem and a pleasure to watch
HALMA 1983

Postby AndyReifman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:07 pm

We're definitely getting promoted next season right? Never too early to dream.

Great game, we definitely got a bit lucky, but you still need to be able to take advantage of the opportunities luck gives you and we did that tonight.
AndyReifman

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 pm

Andy D wrote:
Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Carlos is like a 7th...

How?

because Jim never gave him a chance, i read it?

He was given chances, he's improved and he's beefed up. He also had an injury earlier in the season.

Yes, he's taken his chance and is performing superbly, but the 'anti-Bentley' brigade's myopia knows know bounds! He was spotted & signed by Jim and developed by Jim. He's going to keep on developing under Derek too.

But then, BerlinWaller would probably try and claim that Sam Lavelle has become a much better player since Derek made him captain if it could be a dig at Jim!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Kenyon has improved recently too!! ;)
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby jbc.shrimp » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:17 pm

Also helps with Macc, Mansfield, and Orient all losing.
jbc.shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:17 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:Kenyon has improved recently too!! ;)

He's a Derek Adams signing. :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:19 pm

Haha just be happy Keith FFS. Anti who? Derek Adams barmy army!
BerlinWaller

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:28 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Haha just be happy Keith FFS. Anti who? Derek Adams barmy army!

Funnily enough, I was thinking that about you too! Just be happy, no need for the snide remark, let's celebrate. :D

Keith
Site Admin

Postby BerlinWaller » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:32 pm

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Haha just be happy Keith FFS. Anti who? Derek Adams barmy army!

Funnily enough, I was thinking that about you too! Just be happy, no need for the snide remark, let's celebrate. :D

There was no snide remark, just you being you. A pretty standard footy cliche which you got all bitchy about which is what you do!

*Just out of interest, how many times had CMG featured this season prior to DA's arrival?

Brexit and an away win in the same week, what a time to be alive!
BerlinWaller

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:46 pm

Keith wrote:
Andy D wrote:just hope Cooney’s injury isn’t to serious and if so who's gonna cover R/B wonder if Adam Buxton gets a chance?

Same four that finished the game? Possibly Buxton may make the bench, although that may have more to do with the relationship between him & Derek, especially as he's not been training with the first team. Have we had any reserve team games lately?

It’ll be that back four of Cranston Old Lavelle Mbulu, and Sutton will just come back onto the bench for CB/RB cover, and Conlan for LB cover.
RapidShrimp

Postby RapidShrimp » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Thoughts?

Mafoumbi - cool calm and collected, penalty save kept us in that (how many times has the 1st goal killed us off?!)

Cooney - solid 1st half performance from Ryan but we’ll just have to wait and see how bad his ankle injury is :?
Old - brilliant far post header to open the scoring (2 in 3 now for big Steve!) and he continues his great form under DA
Lavelle - just a classic Lavelle performance, commanding and imperious, & grafted hard for that 3 points at the end!
Cranston - surprising that he came out of nowhere back into the side, but it turned out to be a brilliant decision, he looked back at his best (barring a few defensive lapses near the end) and it was his exceptional delivery to the far post, onto the head of Steve, that ultimately won us the game

Diagouraga - absolutely sensational performance from Toums, he was positionally excellent and the reason why we controlled the midfield for large parts of the game, potential MOTM candidate!
Phillips - one of his quieter games so far but still a good outlet to link midfield and attack
Wildig - like Jordan, he suddenly appeared in the lineup in place of Alex and he put a good shift in, calm on the ball and did the basics well, but there were a few times when he looked a bit off the pace, important player to have back playing though

Slew - he tried his hardest to stamp his mark on the game and showed flashes of quality but ultimately he was again subbed off early in the second half after not making a huge impact
Stockton - good game for Cole, one of his better performances in recent games, his battling involvement in CMG’s goal summed up his endeavour throughout the game
CMG - work rate was brilliant from Carlos, tracking back was effective, but he did give away a lot of fouls, and of course the penalty, but that goal at the end made it all worthwhile!!

SUBS:
Mbulu - good debut for the lad coming in to replace Cooney and he settled in well and showed great physicality and defensive awareness to be able to see the game out - promising signs!
A-Jay - didn’t really notice much of him but he had an effect on the game when he came on and tracked back well to help cover the defence at the end
Brewitt - some good defensive work from the former Liverpool man, battled hard from the minute he came on and was a big reason why we managed to hold on at 1-0 for so long

COYS!

Edit: thinking about it, I think I’ve been a bit harsh on Phillips... he hit the bar and put some good crosses in and link-up play together!
Last edited by RapidShrimp on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RapidShrimp

Postby black morse » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:11 pm

Great result. Overjoyed to have given the wrong forecast. Brilliant :D
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:54 am

Just got back, what an enjoyable evening, great team effort against their 12 men. Thought we had blown it giving the penalty away, but it spurred us on, subs worked well, but hope Cooney isn't too bad.
Liked Cranstons involvement, fantastic goal celebrations and a brilliant turnout on a Tuesday night for our first away win since Colchester in October.
Onwards and upwards
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Redalert1970 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:26 am

Fantastic result and very happy to be proved wrong on the prediction competition for once
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 am

RapidShrimp wrote:Phillips - one of his quieter games so far but still a good outlet to link midfield and attack
Wildig - like Jordan, he suddenly appeared in the lineup in place of Alex and he put a good shift in, calm on the ball and did the basics well, but there were a few times when he looked a bit off the pace, important player to have back playing though

Edit: thinking about it, I think I’ve been a bit harsh on Phillips... he hit the bar and put some good crosses in and link-up play together!

A decent assessment. I think Phillips took quite a while to get going. First thirty minutes he was absent, then he came in to it. Second half he was excellent.

Wildig has been injured, so he probably hasn't made a sudden return, simply returned to fitness?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby red shrimp » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:22 am

Keith wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:Carlos is like a 7th...

How?

Keith, you really are a sad man! you couldn't wait to drag Berlinwaller into it could you. Just celebrate the win for gods sake! :roll: :roll:
red shrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:34 am

Keith wrote:He was given chances, he's improved and he's beefed up. He also had an injury earlier in the season.

Yes, he's taken his chance and is performing superbly, but the 'anti-Bentley' brigade's myopia knows know bounds! He was spotted & signed by Jim and developed by Jim. He's going to keep on developing under Derek too.

Come on Keith, I like Jim but this is pushing it a bit!

Before Derek was appointed the only game time Carlos had this season was in the EFL Trophy. Jim clearly didn't fancy him and never gave him a proper run in the side. He was hauled off at half time in the final game of last season for example in a game that meant nothing to us, a perfect opportunity to give young players like him game time and experience.

Are you seriously suggesting that if Jim had remained in charge that Carlos would be playing regularly as he is now? Personally I think we'd have seen very little of him and he'd have been released at the end of the season.
Shrimpy

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:58 am

I'm saying the lad was spotted, signed and was improving under Jim. He picked up an injury and was still too lightweight to be playing regularly last season. I've got no idea what would have happened under Jim, and neither do you or anyone else. Younger players take nurturing & development. That was happening whether playing first team or not.

Regardless, he's not Derek's signing is he?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:26 am

Keith wrote:I'm saying the lad was spotted, signed and was improving under Jim.

Was he? What evidence do you have to say he was improving? In the final 12 months of Jim being at the club Carlos appeared in 10 fixtures for a grand total of 492 minutes. These were spread out throughout the year, never getting a full 90 minutes or getting a run of games. Carlos played his first game this season roughly 6 weeks ago, he's started 10 games since and racked up 886 minutes of football.

Keith wrote:He picked up an injury and was still too lightweight to be playing regularly last season.

It's a matter of opinion whether he was too lightweight or not, Derek quickly identified him as a good player upon coming in and has put his trust in him. We might have got similar results if Carlos had been given a run of games last season? We'll never know.

Keith wrote:I've got no idea what would have happened under Jim, and neither do you or anyone else.

I'm making an educated guess based on how Jim has used the player this season (he didn't).

Keith wrote:Younger players take nurturing & development. That was happening whether playing first team or not.

Has it? Maybe you're better connected than most but I don't know how you can judge anything that happens behind the scenes unless it's backed up with on field performances. I saw nothing to suggest that Carlos was a player that had a big future ahead of him, as I said in my previous post, I'd have put money on him getting released at the end of the season.

Keith wrote:Regardless, he's not Derek's signing is he?

Hes not no, but he was a player that had very little game time in 18 months at the club, then Derek comes in and he's played almost double the amount of minutes in 6 weeks than he did for 12 months under Jim.

You can give credit to Jim for signing him but any success that comes from now on from Carlos should mostly be attributed to Derek, he's the one that's actually picked him in games and given him the chance to shine which wasn't happening under Jim.

Please don't turn this into a Jim In vs Jim Out debate, I like Jim, I think he was brilliant for us and would never knock him but personally think his judgement of Carlos was wrong and another manager is getting the best out of him.
Shrimpy

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:31 am

Outstanding result and one that in all honesty I wasn't expecting.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

So pleased that it was Carlos who got the all important goal. The lad just seems to get better and better now that we have a manager who has faith in him and allows him to play that free role.

Just a pity that it's taken a change in direction for his natural talent to be used and to think that we could possibly have let him go come the end of this season.

Maybe when we are in a more secure position ( :?: ) DA will give a chance to Jagne who for me shows promise as well.
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:52 am

Regardless of what Keith thinks, I never intended my post to start the never ending Jim debate again. Carlos coming back in to the fold has been like having a new signing. He has been a sensation and every credit has to go to DA for bringing him in from the cold. As Shrimpy has perfectly summed it up, Jim didn't fancy him as didn't some on here. He was bombed out and people on here justified it by saying he loses the ball, too weak etc. Jim even let the lad play two trial games for Championship club Barnsley who must have seen something in him.

As for spotting the lad, I think Drummy might have played a part in that.

I love seeing you lose the plot Keith, it is fast becoming my favourite thing.
BerlinWaller

Postby redrobo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:14 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Regardless of what Keith thinks, I never intended my post to start the never ending Jim debate again. Carlos coming back in to the fold has been like having a new signing. He has been a sensation and every credit has to go to DA for bringing him in from the cold. As Shrimpy has perfectly summed it up, Jim didn't fancy him as didn't some on here. He was bombed out and people on here justified it by saying he loses the ball, too weak etc. Jim even let the lad play two trial games for Championship club Barnsley who must have seen something in him.

As for spotting the lad, I think Drummy might have played a part in that.

I love seeing you lose the plot Keith, it is fast becoming my favourite thing.

Totally out of order..... ;) ;) ;) :lol:
redrobo

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm

More proof that the Daily Keith spouts utter nonsense, this is how Carlos found his way to Morecambe FC.

https://twitter.com/TheMcrCollege/statu ... 00160?s=19
BerlinWaller

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion