2019

2019

Postby sandgrown » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:39 pm

one positive from saturday was the 2019 attendance with only 60 from Cambridge, it was well up on recent home games and with a win or two could be even better :D
User avatar
sandgrown
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: 2019

Postby KenH » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:04 pm

Yes, indeed, was a visibly improved attendance and good to see the numbers back up how it looked. Let's hope the improved performances on the pitch will continue to improve attendances over the past few months
KenH
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:40 pm

Re: 2019

Postby Freez » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:32 pm

Yep, nice to see a bit better weather and an improved turnout. Officially 132 from Cambridge but still a decent home fan attendance for us. Pity the game wasn’t a great spectacle!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
User avatar
Freez
 
Posts: 3796
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Re: 2019

Postby jbc.shrimp » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm

The last 2 home games seemed to be improved attendance. A few of us remarked how many were on the North wall. If we can improve the performance on the pitch with it, it may bolster the attendance even more.
jbc.shrimp
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: 2019

Postby broadwayshrimp » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:11 pm

Bear in mind though that there was no other local footie to watch on Saturday other than Burnley at home. Still let's hope the crowds do start to increase on a more regular basis. Time will tell.
broadwayshrimp
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:58 am

Re: 2019

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Attendances have been up all season generally, imagine if Kev was boss, with his win percentage record we would be pushing for automatic promotion with gates of 3k plus!!
Last edited by mrpotatohead on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
User avatar
mrpotatohead
 
Posts: 7932
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: circus

Re: 2019

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:41 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Attendances have been up all season generally, imagine if Kev was boss, with his win percentage recordvwe would be pushing for automatic promotion with gates of 3k plus!!


All the prophecies from the super fans continue to be proven wrong one by one.
BerlinWaller
 
Posts: 2264
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:42 am

Re: 2019

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:51 pm

Haha yeah course Gloop.......
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
User avatar
mrpotatohead
 
Posts: 7932
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: circus

Re: 2019

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:05 pm

jbc.shrimp wrote:The last 2 home games seemed to be improved attendance. A few of us remarked how many were on the North wall. If we can improve the performance on the pitch with it, it may bolster the attendance even more.


My eldest lad has returned once again but only if I'm paying.......ticket, pint and pie :shock:
That's me done with C Prem :lol:
HALMA 1983
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:16 am
Location: Heysham

Re: 2019

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:09 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:Attendances have been up all season generally, imagine if Kev was boss, with his win percentage recordvwe would be pushing for automatic promotion with gates of 3k plus!!


All the prophecies from the super fans continue to be proven wrong one by one.


I thought you were the 'Super Fan' but I don't think you've been proved wrong.........wait for it

YET :D
HALMA 1983
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:16 am
Location: Heysham

Re: 2019

Postby Brucie Arnee » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:19 am

I realise the five pound ticket promotion for the game against Newport before Christmas didn’t see a surge in numbers but I feel the only way of attracting floating fans is to introduce more “offers” If you’re not a Morecambe fan it’s still too expensive to attend a game but if you introduce a few more “promotions” you tempt a few people who wouldn’t normally attend and hopefully they enjoy the experience and become regulars.
Brucie Arnee
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:18 am

Re: 2019

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:51 am

Looking at it, the best way to go is the home end /carwash season ticket and that makes it affordable for most and represents excellent value for money, whether the football is good or bad.

An offer for the Stevenage game would be timely but I think most would pay full whack for that one with Westley racking up in town :)
HALMA 1983
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:16 am
Location: Heysham

Re: 2019

Postby Slanester » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:58 am

Brucie Arnee wrote:I realise the five pound ticket promotion for the game against Newport before Christmas didn’t see a surge in numbers but I feel the only way of attracting floating fans is to introduce more “offers” If you’re not a Morecambe fan it’s still too expensive to attend a game but if you introduce a few more “promotions” you tempt a few people who wouldn’t normally attend and hopefully they enjoy the experience and become regulars.


Absolutely BA, particularly for the right games. Involving the youngster within it is really important too, the future fans, who will “whinge” some parents into attending, hopefully.
Slanester
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:26 am

Re: 2019

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:41 am

Slanester wrote:
Brucie Arnee wrote:I realise the five pound ticket promotion for the game against Newport before Christmas didn’t see a surge in numbers but I feel the only way of attracting floating fans is to introduce more “offers” If you’re not a Morecambe fan it’s still too expensive to attend a game but if you introduce a few more “promotions” you tempt a few people who wouldn’t normally attend and hopefully they enjoy the experience and become regulars.


Absolutely BA, particularly for the right games. Involving the youngster within it is really important too, the future fans, who will “whinge” some parents into attending, hopefully.


According to yesterday's figures 2872 was the official figure with apparently 17?? home and 'floating' fans. Don't know how this figure compares to total support for past games ?
jbc.shrimp
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: 2019

Postby Shrimp Girl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:51 pm

Figures for Saturdays game (from The Doc's report) were 1823 home, 1049 away = 2872.
Figures for the same fixture last year (5/1/2019, from the CAFC website) were 1343 home, 319 away = 1662.
So maybe more Crewe fans this year as they were looking to go top, but we are in a similar place to last year and still increased home attendance for this fixture by 480.
Must be doing something right.
"..if you’re constantly being harassed, even in a small way, that builds up and that wears you down.." JB
User avatar
Shrimp Girl
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:50 pm
Location: Skerton


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests