Cambridge Fans Yesterday

Cambridge Fans Yesterday

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:40 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Cambridge Fans Yesterday

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:03 pm

i also picked up on this during the game and thought so what they’re not bothering anybody.

but two key points from that footage!

1) it was said “A Chair had been ripped out” so different security level goes up.

2) Have we had a warning off the FL getting strict with previous games for us letting fans stand up in a seating area, and unluckily for Cambridge it happened to be this game?
Andy D

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Quite a lot of bad PR for the Club from this through various social media channels.

Interesting to watch the video, as annoying as that Chap is, as it does provide quite a lot of video evidence from what has happened. It also shows a much better angle of Stockton's miss.

Questions should be asked of the security firm FGH who clearly acted unprofessionally in this video, and I don't think our supporters would take too kindly if we were faced with that kind of aggression anywhere else - both verbally and physically. Regardless of what happened, you shouldn't be dragging kids with force, nor swearing at paying customers when you are in a professional position (Derek did a full interview on this midweek!).

It's the first time I have seen that we have forced a "sit-down" policy up there - something that we don't conform with when we go to away games. I take Andy's point - but it screams double standards.

There was also some animosity in the home end against the stewards/security "team" - the reasons for which I am not clear - but it doesn't make for a welcoming environment at the Globe.
Morecambe Jack

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Kid's will be kid's and it's a shame they have to be saved from themselves, fall from that high up and you'd be hospitalised, I don't know if they had access to the Dennison or not but that's the place for dancing around.

He highlighted that they were threatened on the way back to their vehicle by a group of miscreants, I've noticed this myself and the Police or security inplace need to stamp on this, because no away fan should ever feel in danger, coming to this town to support their club
HALMA 1983

Postby Andy D » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:23 pm

what sounded “Dum” was one of the Security Guard’s saying “you’re Trespassing ” :shock: :lol:
Andy D

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:06 pm

It looked a bit like a posh Southern kid being easily offended to me and posting it all over social media. If you have been told not to stand, don't stand unless you want to be chucked out. If you rip seats out, you get what you deserve.

What doesn't look good is the way the lad was dealt with. I don't think Stewards should be grabbing people like they have there and like I have seen on other clips from grounds around the country. A laminated badge on your arm doesn't give you the right to do as you please but ultimately, these stewards are Bouncers by trade. I can understand the Club wanting to be on the front foot more because every large away following that we have seems to get out of hand. Without fail there are flares and fans spilling over in to the horrendously designed concourse behind the net.

The clubs stewards seem to be a friendly bunch on the whole with the odd exception.
BerlinWaller

Return to General Discussion