New Signing

New Signing

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:38 pm

Shopping trolley is bulging, very much hope Derek is improving on what we have and not because someone has been made an offer

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2020/j ... ulu-signs/
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: New Signing

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Another handy addition for set pieces and a unit :D
HALMA 1983

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:58 pm

Welcome to the family Christian … Hope your time at the globe can be a sucessful one
Redalert1970

Postby Andy D » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:09 pm

nice one!

can’t help but wonder if we will start playing a three C/B’s and wing-back system now?
Andy D

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:12 pm

Crewe fans say he's dreadful. Hopefully he can prove them wrong.
Shrimpy

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Shrimpy wrote:Crewe fans say he's dreadful. Hopefully he can prove them wrong.

A change of club can be the making of some player's and it's not like Crewe are Brazil :D
HALMA 1983

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:24 pm

Clubs generally say this when players leave

Carlisle said Bennett was useless but did ok for us etc
Redalert1970

Postby Freez » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:39 pm

Motherwell lad I know said he was decent until he got injured!!
So it’s all relative, we will find out soon enough, especially if Steve Old is still injured!!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:19 pm

If can't get excited about this one another player crewe are getting rid off a bit like Miller.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Nothing like Miller

Different position and also much younger

Give the lad a chance bloody hell
Redalert1970

Postby parceldave » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Yep got to give the lad a chance but this doesn't help with our goal scoring problems . :roll:
parceldave

Postby Redalert1970 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:31 pm

Striker on his way don't panic
Redalert1970

Postby parceldave » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:34 pm

Redalert1970 wrote:Striker on his way don't panic

Hope he gets here before April , what did you say his name was again. ;)
parceldave

Postby redrobo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:08 pm

Can't understand this signing. For me this guy's wages should have been collated with whatever is still available to pay for a decent striker. No matter what division all clubs are on the lookout for a striker and money ie wages dictates the calibre of those available.

I'm totally in tune with the other signings it's just this one that I question if only in terms of wages being paid.
redrobo

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 pm

Possible injury problems?
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Slanester » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:30 pm

redrobo wrote:Can't understand this signing. For me this guy's wages should have been collated with whatever is still available to pay for a decent striker. No matter what division all clubs are on the lookout for a striker and money ie wages dictates the calibre of those available.

I'm totally in tune with the other signings it's just this one that I question if only in terms of wages being paid.

With you on that rr. Something is on the horizon, sure we will find out soon. Another central defender :?:
Slanester

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:26 am

Just wonder if one of our current central defenders is on his way? Is there a transfer in the air?
fulwoodshrimp

Postby black morse » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:17 am

fulwoodshrimp wrote:Just wonder if one of our current central defenders is on his way? Is there a transfer in the air?

Could be! My big worry in all of this is, whilst we all know that changes were necessary, the old team (even some of the better ones ) are being replaced and there is very little time to experiment with and bond the new players. We can't afford to slip further behind the other relegation contenders.
black morse

Postby BerlinWaller » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:09 am

Maybe DA doesn't rate Sutton and felt we needed to add some quality in to the defence? That's fair enough isn't it?
BerlinWaller

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:17 am

Maybe a club has put in an acceptable offer for Sam Lavelle and DA has decided he needed a quality replacement for him.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:23 am

The fact we have the worse goal difference in the division might have something to do with it as well.

Once injuries hit, we rely on having Kenyon as a backup CB which he has done well, but I think he is an important part of the midfield in the way DA is playing - and he is looking a better player for it.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Andy D » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:06 am

Gone_Shrimping wrote:Maybe a club has put in an acceptable offer for Sam Lavelle and DA has decided he needed a quality replacement for him.

i’ve been thinking that, especially if Derek knows he can use the said transfer fee to sign a proven striker to shoot us up the table to safety. ?
Andy D

Postby dazza » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:15 pm

redrobo wrote:Can't understand this signing. For me this guy's wages should have been collated with whatever is still available to pay for a decent striker. No matter what division all clubs are on the lookout for a striker and money ie wages dictates the calibre of those available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
did you not say exactly the same about us having signed a new keeper ??

although I do agree and find this one strange unless he can cover full back as well as centre half
****dazza****
dazza

Postby redrobo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 pm

dazza wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

although I do agree and find this one strange unless he can cover full back as well as centre half

I did suggest that we could still call on Baz if required and that in my opinion a new keeper wasn't a priority. Even more so when that extra salary could have been used to put towards the salary of an accomplished striker which for me has been and remains to be the priority in this transfer window.

Unless things are happening towards bringing in a striker in the next few days then we will struggle up front and for me seriously jeopardize our EFL status.

If we ever return to non league then our days as an EFL club are finished..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
redrobo

Postby Slanester » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:53 pm

redrobo wrote:
dazza wrote:

I did suggest that we could still call on Baz if required and that in my opinion a new keeper wasn't a priority. Even more so when that extra salary could have been used to put towards the salary of an accomplished striker which for me has been and remains to be the priority in this transfer window.

Unless things are happening towards bringing in a striker in the next few days then we will struggle up front and for me seriously jeopardize our EFL status.

If we ever return to non league then our days as an EFL club are finished..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bloody hell rr, agree again, or agreeing again to your original :?: :o :D
We NEED another goal scorer, and fast.

Your last sentence, unthinkable, but too true sadly.
Slanester

Return to General Discussion