Kev Tweet

Re: Kev Tweet

Postby black morse » Sun May 31, 2020 8:02 am

I too was at the Weymouth match and seem to remember that the last few minutes were unbearable with at least 1 close miss. Was Ray Evans involved in this?

Again I was taken by my dad and an uncle early on but I can't remember too much about it apart from my dad punching a shot away from my head as we were just behind the goal! I also remember going with a few mates to a testimonial match for Joe Easterby and we kept shouting 'give it to Joe'! No idea what year that was.

Also went by train to the Chester match and we arrived late at the ground and missed the only goal.
black morse

Postby redrobo » Sun May 31, 2020 10:05 am

'Oldies' supporters team photo anybody..... :lol: :?:
redrobo

Postby Richard Head » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Morecambe v Congleton was my first match in a competition called Lancashire Combination/Cheshire League challenge cup or something like that in 1959.

Also remember an early derby match one Boxing Day with my dad and grandad, a 3-0 win I think at Christie.

First big away day was to York in the FA Cup first round 0-0, then to Maine Road for the second replay. I was at LRGS and at the time we had school lessons on a Saturday morning so my dad wrote a letter to the school asking if I could finish early because we were going to a family wedding in York.

As well as being at the Weymouth match I'm fairly sure my dad took me to watch Weymouth at Preston in the 4th round, we had to wait over 40 years to draw the Nobbers in the League Cuo in our first year in League Two.

My dad was on that train to Chester which arrived too late to see the only goal
Richard Head

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:43 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion