Kev Tweet

Re: Kev Tweet

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:53 pm

This "joke" is bringing negativity and bad publicity on to the club and Manager.
BerlinWaller

Postby RapidShrimp » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:31 pm

marky No.1 wrote:https://therealefl.co.uk/2020/03/04/our-view-morecambe-legend-deserves-better-under-derek-adams/

That article sums up how this ‘saga’ is affecting our club’s and gaffer’s reputations... I think the article completely misses the mark on a number of issues and is only based on Kev’s twitter posts, not the whole picture...
RapidShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:45 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:This "joke" is bringing negativity and bad publicity on to the club and Manager.

RapidShrimp wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:https://therealefl.co.uk/2020/03/04/our-view-morecambe-legend-deserves-better-under-derek-adams/

That article sums up how this ‘saga’ is affecting our club’s and gaffer’s reputations... I think the article completely misses the mark on a number of issues and is only based on Kev’s twitter posts, not the whole picture...

Totally agree, needs sorting out internally one way or another. It reminds me of the tussle between Harry and his Grandma
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:50 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
BerlinWaller wrote:This "joke" is bringing negativity and bad publicity on to the club and Manager.

RapidShrimp wrote:

Totally agree, needs sorting out internally one way or another. It reminds me of the tussle between Harry and his Grandma

If Kevin isn't going to play again then why not pay up his contract on the understanding that he stops the tweeting etc
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:58 pm

It's almost as if he is taunting the club. Using his mobile phone whilst training and making light of the fact he could be fined for it is almost testing the club. He has 2/3 months left so why they can't mutually agree to rip it up is beyond me. I do like the way the club and Derek aren't giving him the public reaction he seems to want. It is just a really sad ending to what has been a legendary stay at the club.
BerlinWaller

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:30 pm

There is nothing new in the article,and compared to the fiascos presided over in the "for sale" saga this is nothing, I agree that under the circumstances its better if Kevin is paid up,so why arent the club doing it?....I am not going to speculate as to why, but it would be yesterdays news if it was resolved now.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Ntini » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:30 pm

That article's a bit of a one-sided attempt at journalism.

Plenty of facts missing, not to mention the other side of the argument. There isn't even mention if an attempt has been made to contact the club for comment.

Oh, and one more thing... they lost me at 'Shrimpers'.... :roll:
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:17 am

marky No.1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:46 pm

marky No.1 wrote:https://www.efl.com/news/2020/may/kevin-ellison

I liked Kevin Ellison long before he pulled on a Morecambe shirt, back in his Chester days infact
An incredible man, who made his job look easy, whilst having a good laugh doing it!
HALMA 1983

Postby marky No.1 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:33 am

HALMA 1983 wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:https://www.efl.com/news/2020/may/kevin-ellison

I liked Kevin Ellison long before he pulled on a Morecambe shirt, back in his Chester days infact
An incredible man, who made his job look easy, whilst having a good laugh doing it!

I do find it sad that he does seem to have just faded away and maybe never to be seen by supporters of a club that has shouted out his name for pretty much most games that he has played in over the last 9 years.
Just hope this position we all find ourselves in now is not the final nail.
He would have been a figurehead in our Centenary celebrations prior to his testimonial year.
Many allured to him moving on to our coaching or backroom staff here.
Without his 81 goals, I do think we would have clearly lost our League status
marky No.1

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Sat May 09, 2020 5:58 am

When life eventually returns to normal maybe someone could organise an event in the "First Choice" Suite with Kevin as the main attraction and entitle it "A Night With Kev" so that the fans can give him the proper send off and thanks that he deserves.
Ticket proceeds could go to Kev's favourite charity regarding mental health , bar takings for the club so everyone wins.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat May 09, 2020 7:49 am

Great interview, and as it says, true legend, it is a shame that like the centenary, his last few months will be overshadowed by world events, but the club will be celebrating his time with us once things get back to normal......whatever normal turns out to be.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Sat May 09, 2020 10:06 pm

Gone_Shrimping wrote:When life eventually returns to normal maybe someone could organise an event in the "First Choice" Suite with Kevin as the main attraction and entitle it "A Night With Kev" so that the fans can give him the proper send off and thanks that he deserves.
Ticket proceeds could go to Kev's favourite charity regarding mental health , bar takings for the club so everyone wins.

That would be a really good way to escape from lockdown, a win-win-win situation.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby jbc.shrimp » Sun May 10, 2020 9:02 am

P/T Indie wrote:Does Kev have an issue training on astro so he cant join in with the main session? When you read it again thats how it sounds. Jim used to always say certain players couldnt train on tge 3g pitches.

This had been mentioned in another thread about the club bidding for the pitches at the back of the Globe. JB said 'Some players could not train on the astroturf, and training around the premises made being there on match day's less special, which is why he wasn't interested'.
jbc.shrimp

Postby BerlinWaller » Sun May 10, 2020 10:34 am

I remember Jim saying Baz, Redshaw and Kev were unable to work on the astro. I bet there are many pro's who are unable to train on the stuff. Coleman won't sign players who are unable to train on 3/4g.
BerlinWaller

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:43 pm

marky No.1

Postby Andy D » Fri May 29, 2020 6:27 pm

this bit for me

Today, Morecambe celebrates its 100th birthday, meaning Ellison has been wearing the Morecambe badge for almost 10 per cent of the club’s existence
Andy D

Postby Phoenix Shrimp 2017 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:55 pm

Andy D wrote:this bit for me

Today, Morecambe celebrates its 100th birthday, meaning Ellison has been wearing the Morecambe badge for almost 10 per cent of the club’s existence

Yeah that raised an eyebrow for me too. Especially considering he was 31 before he joined us! Would be sad if he can't have some kind of official send off at some point but I guess these uncertain times might dictate otherwise.

It also got me thinking about some of the old timers we still have watching us now. I watched my first game in 67/68 V Burnley Lancs Senior Cup Final. When you work it out that's over 50 per cent of our total existence. I believe we still have fans who were around in the 1950's. So come on you oldies who has the earliest memory of watching the Shrimps? I know Keith who I stood with up to last season can remember ancient interesting trips to Chester City and Bangor City in the cups probably, going back to the early 60's maybe even 50's. Anyone with any earlier memories. Maybe a few from the 50's but surely not the 40's :o
Phoenix Shrimp 2017

Postby redrobo » Sat May 30, 2020 11:18 am

My dad introduced me to MFC in 1955 when I was 5 but memories of games are but a distant dream. However the first game of any significant memories for me was the FA Cup game v Weymouth where I was transported over peoples heads to sit on the grass adjacent to the touchline. I along with a few others watched as our lads did their best but wasn't quite good enough on the day I seem to recall.

Since that early introduction to MFC it's fair to say that my support has become more vocal and over zealous at times.... :lol: :oops: ;)
redrobo

Postby sandgrown » Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pm

my first encounter was in 1956 when we qualified for the first time for the 1st round proper and were drawn away to football league Accrington Stanley.

player manager Ken Horton scored in a 4-1 defeat in front of 9000.

i'd been many years at CP as a kid before this as my step grandad Harry Heyes was a director for many years.
sandgrown

Postby paulshrimp » Sat May 30, 2020 2:41 pm

I can remember the Bangor City game. There was a famous picture in the Visitor of Steve Porter lunging at the ball to score our winner. We had trips in the league to exotic teams like Guinness Exports. We had an eccentric keeper called Lance Millard who had a great game there once. We seemed to play a lot of FA cup ties in the northeast at places like Spennymoor but I don’t ever recall us winning up there!
paulshrimp

Postby Lonesome Prawn » Sat May 30, 2020 5:17 pm

I too was at the Weymouth FA Cup game, and sat on the grass just behind the touch line with all the other lads....seem to remember being nearly in line with the goal line and thinking we’d scored when the ball was in the middle of a heap of players! That was the first “big” match I’d been to, but I know I’d attended some before that date but can’t remember the opposition except for playing a team called Marine.

Also remember going to an away match at Guinness Export - think it was near the end of the season when they were doing well and we were going for the Lancashire Combination championship. Lance Millard eh? What a character and great goalie!

Went to an away FA Cup tie at Bangor City in I think 1968 or thereabouts and pulling off a great win as they were a good side in those days
Lonesome Prawn

Postby redrobo » Sat May 30, 2020 5:26 pm

What some of the posts above say to me is that we've a number of 'oldies' like me who over the decades have remain loyal despite some bad times.....and of course the good times that are too many to recall other than Senior Cup wins; promotion to the NPL and then Conference and of course the 2 Wembley visits that other clubs can only dream of.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
redrobo

Postby Brucie Arnee » Sat May 30, 2020 7:05 pm

On the subject of the Morecambe v Weymouth FA Cup tie, just read a very interesting book. The Frank O’Farrell autobiography “All change at Old Trafford”. He managed Manchester United for a short spell in the early seventies. We get a mention because he was Weymouth’s player manager the day they played us. He also mentions his spell as a player at Preston. The book was a really good read.
Brucie Arnee

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion