fylde signing o/t

Re: fylde signing o/t

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:43 pm

No matter what happens at Fylde, my respect for the man will never wain and that goes for anyone who's tried and failed
We all do it.
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:02 pm

I think I can safely say that there are no pro Jim Morecambe fans, that want Derek to fail, Halma, your post sums up what any reasonable , nice person should be thinking.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Redalert1970 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:39 pm

Fylde haven't won a league game since 26th November
That's very worrying
Redalert1970

Postby redrobo » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:54 am

Sad if it happens but could this see the demise of JB at AFC Fylde in the coming week.... :?: :?: :?:

Would never wish to see JB humiliated in that way but AFC sacked their previous manager after a succession of poor results and their Chairman is the type to react when things appear to be going wrong.
redrobo

Postby RapidShrimp » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:16 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I think I can safely say that there are no pro Jim Morecambe fans, that want Derek to fail, Halma, your post sums up what any reasonable , nice person should be thinking.

No sane person has ever targeted Jim as a human-being or as a legend of the club, it was simply his last few years at the club that tainted peoples’ view on him. The start to this season was unacceptable for any league club so it seemed a good time to part ways and move onto new challenges. Luckily we’ve found a manager in Derek that any sane person would put trust & faith into.

No one (at least a huge minority) who wanted Jim to be let go wished it upon him due to his personality, or not spending enough years with the club, or not being friendly enough. It was down to the disappointing results which have since been bettered by DA. I think it is grossly unfair to group everyone into two groups of IN or OUT and then slag off all the ‘OUT-ers’ because of a couple of individual comments from certain people.

I for one would never wish for Jim to fail or not live up to expectations at Fylde - that is just plain wrong and awful, but it is a fair opinion that Jim’s time at our club’s helm was on borrowed time. I just hope Fylde stay up for Jim alone.
RapidShrimp

Postby Gone_Shrimping » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:39 pm

RapidShrimp wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:I think I can safely say that there are no pro Jim Morecambe fans, that want Derek to fail, Halma, your post sums up what any reasonable , nice person should be thinking.

No sane person has ever targeted Jim as a human-being or as a legend of the club, it was simply his last few years at the club that tainted peoples’ view on him. The start to this season was unacceptable for any league club so it seemed a good time to part ways and move onto new challenges. Luckily we’ve found a manager in Derek that any sane person would put trust & faith into.

No one (at least a huge minority) who wanted Jim to be let go wished it upon him due to his personality, or not spending enough years with the club, or not being friendly enough. It was down to the disappointing results which have since been bettered by DA. I think it is grossly unfair to group everyone into two groups of IN or OUT and then slag off all the ‘OUT-ers’ because of a couple of individual comments from certain people.

I for one would never wish for Jim to fail or not live up to expectations at Fylde - that is just plain wrong and awful, but it is a fair opinion that Jim’s time at our club’s helm was on borrowed time. I just hope Fylde stay up for Jim alone.

Agreed. I was a "Jim In" man until this season then I think it was in the best interests of both parties for a split or a "Conscious Uncoupling" as Chris Martin and his wife had.

With the exceptions of Alex Ferguson and Wenger , football managers have shelf lives after which players stop listening to what they are told and that's what seemed to happen here in the first few months this season under Jim.
Gone_Shrimping

Postby BerlinWaller » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:24 pm

The way people went on it was like they had suffered a bereavement. The Jim in/out thing was a farce and the way you are unable to speak his name since he left is pure comedy. Some tried to turn it in to a personal attack and others in to a Brexit style debate. In truth, nobody came out of it looking too good and some of the things that happened since leave a bad taste in the mouth. Nobody wishes Jim a hard time at Fylde and some of the comments from their fans are horrible. Hopefully he turns it around but i fear for him. He hasn't time to build a team, the clock is ticking with that 2022 rubbish. It seems a poisoned chalice at a plastic club with a manufactured fan base. I do wonder what club would come in for him if he does lose the Fylde job.
BerlinWaller

Postby Redalert1970 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:03 pm

The 2022 thing is a total farce

No way Fylde will be in the football league by then if ever

They have gone backwards this season in a massive way and look doomed to relegation never mind promotion
Redalert1970

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm

BerlinWaller wrote:Nobody wishes Jim a hard time at Fylde and some of the comments from their fans are horrible.

No, that's the problem, some people still want him to fail... have you looked at Facebook?

I don't know what has gone on at Fylde, I've not followed the situation closely but has he only signed one player?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Keith wrote: has he only signed one player?

4, I think
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Their game at home to notts co postponed less than an hour before ko, certainly got a drainage problem there
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:14 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Keith wrote: has he only signed one player?

4, I think

Ta.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Losing your no1 striker hasn't helped either but when you're down you're out eh :?
HALMA 1983

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:43 am

At least there are only 3 relegation slots up for grabs, that might ease things a bit.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:56 am

mrpotatohead wrote:At least there are only 3 relegation slots up for grabs, that might ease things a bit.

Yes seen that, Burys demise could be saving both Morecambe and Fylde from relegation
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion